Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The place to find Roms for Clone devices...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The place to find Roms for Clone devices...

Hello, where can i download an appropriate (suitable) rom for a clone of tx6?

Mine has Case4u logo added to it and the official roms make the device un-useable (no wifi and BT).

google always returns about the original box firmwares and the box does not have any indicator of which version it is... maybe i should disaasemble the box and see what the board looks like?

i took some picture before downgrading the box to and7 and here are the build info it had.
    Android Security Patch version:
    5 Feb 2019

Core version:
    #2 Fri Sep 6 14:50:36 CST 2019

Build:
    p281-userdebug 9 PPR1.181005.003 20190907-100856

either way, is there a place to find roms for it?
    thanks
    Last edited by I3ordo; 09-10-2020, 12:36.

Originally posted by I3ordo View Post
    ...maybe i should disaasemble the box and see what the board looks like? ...
    Absolutely, you have to find out more about your device, which wifi/BT, memory ... chip you have and so on.

maybe i should disaasemble the box and see what the board looks like?

..is there a place to find roms for it? ...
    Use forum SEARCH (TX6, Allwiner H6, firmware ...) ?

Comment

Hello, where can i download an appropriate (suitable) rom for a clone of tx6?

Mine has Case4u logo added to it and the official roms make the device un-useable (no wifi and BT).

google always returns about the original box firmwares and the box does not have any indicator of which version it is... maybe i should disaasemble the box and see what the board looks like?

i took some picture before downgrading the box to and7 and here are the build info it had.
      Android Security Patch version:
      5 Feb 2019

Core version:
      #2 Fri Sep 6 14:50:36 CST 2019

Build:
      p281-userdebug 9 PPR1.181005.003 20190907-100856

either way, is there a place to find roms for it?
      thanks
      Hi ,

you must for sure open up , to see what Wifichip is used , to find the right Rom ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

In the mean time, i DIY'ed a usb "male to male" cable, and now have some pictures from the inside.

If one can take a look and identify the hardware, i might be able to get this box up again.

Comment

Please help me find out the correct firmware by looking at the pictures of the pcb in my prevous message google drive folder link

Comment

Can be very confusing

Tanix uses Allwinn and Rockchip

From pics this is .....

Rockchip RK3328 Tanix TX28

On board reads as cs_H6_TX28_DTX.....

So unless you remove Heat Dissapate glued to CPU to prove

Maybe TRy Rockchip section..

Comment

Also go to home screen

Advertisers and vendor support

Geekbuying Section

In a search from Big G should be directed to post by geekbuying_rep

Tanixtx28 RK3328 4/32.....

Happy Testing

Comment

Please help me find out the correct firmware by looking at the pictures of the pcb in my prevous message google drive folder link
                LIke was already said above, go to the "Tanix_TX6" forum thread here on FreakTab to find a compatible TX6 ROM for your device. OR look at websites like tanix-box.com or androidpctv.com

Comment

freddy
                  I was disappointed to hear that the box was not even an AllWinner h6 but this comparison page explains that the chips are somewhat simiar and mostly lacking in 3d.
                  Rockchip, Amlogic, and Allwinner are all battling for the lower and mid-range segments of the TV box market, so it may be interesting to compare their

"Tanixtx28 RK3328 4/32" keyword brought me this beta firmware from 2018 and maybe i should look something newer.
                  You can download today a new BETA firmware por the new TX28 with the RK3328 SoC that features four ARM Cortex-A53 processors and a Mali-450mp2 GPU that

Found this by your "Big G" method: "TANIX TX28 20180626.img" a two year old fw , hopefully it will have working wifi/BT and better frame pacing than the andoid v9.0 that came with it.
                  Hey guys, Glad to share the firmware for TANIX TX28 TV Box (https://www.geekbuying.com/item/TANIX-TX28-RK3328-4GB-32GB-TV-BOX-396527.html?utm_source=freaktab.

i am still curious if this is the apropriate firmware for this device though... the only remaining thing to do is uncover the heatsink to see the chip right?

i am gonna write that fw in a couple of hours and still open to suggestions that may include a better android 9.0 version...

Other thoughts:
                  I am quite annoyed by that fact that the box i bought, even though a cheap one, was actually some other device from 2017 and the only way i could find it out, was to open the casement and break warranty...
                  I am still curious about how the actual Tanix Tx6 box is, or if the actual device will arrive this time if i order a new one...

how do you guys cope with these things without just Buying an Nvidia Shield and be done with it?

Comment

...i am still curious if this is the apropriate firmware for this device though...
                    There is no doubt that this is Allwinner H6 device with SP6330 wifi/BT combo chip, otherwise you would be not able to flash the Tanix TX6 firmware.

(Compatible) device with same wifi/BT chip is Transpeed T98 6K, maybe Pendoo X6 Pro...

Comment

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post
                      maybe Pendoo X6 Pro...
                      I have had great luck in flashing this device so far...
                      first the "TX6_release_H6_7.0_20181219" android 7.0 build through sd card.
                      Then the custom rom by superceleron Tanix_TX6-SCV1 again with sd card.
                      Then USB cable phoenix suite Tanix_H6_4Gddr_8822bs_20190323 android 9.

None had working wifi and i hear great things about the pendoo version.

i will try Transpeed T98 6K because you said "maybe" for Pendoo X6 Pro.

i might have the possiblity of bricking and and not recover from this mess... dont i?....

Comment

You better look for and READ thread's on 4PDA about this subject, to gather more information. I am not so familiar with unbricking a Allwinner devices, more with Amlogic stuff - allmost non brickable.

Comment

Now you now it is allwinner

Listen to mAtvXk and do some research.....

Allwinner not the greatest at releasing all source.....

Comment

Well, i took pictures of the box and according to Guest it s a Allwinner H6 device with SP6330 wifi/BT combo chip still dont know which firmware would be suitable for it. The only way i can try is try loading firmwares until it bricks or the wifi-bt starts working without "activation" warnings.

Comment

mAtvXk is correct it is H6

Dont go flashing roms untill you brick....

Thats not testing..

If you used Phoenix Tools has to be allwinner....

Go Back to The Rom you tried SD card had success

Then research Factory Firmware...

The one From Pics

Maybe cs_H6_TX28_DXT_.....Allwinner

Cant remember if there was date

Happy Testing

Comment

Working...
                              X