Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H96 MAX Rk3566 4/32GB or 8/64GB Dual Wifi BT4.0 USB3.0 Gig Lan Google Voice Youtube Rockchip Android 11 Smart TV Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPTV seems to work well..
    I use Tivimate as main app / EPG...then as external player GSE IPTV
    On HD channels.. you rarely get HW acceleration..but on FHd always

I also use the box as Pi-hole for my network devices ( with netguard)
    When it stutters video..,.or crashes Pi-hole services...
    -I emty Cache : settings/storage/cache
    -I use the wipe app on desktop
    -Use Petrus Reboot app
    Then it good to Go again

Sorry guys haven't posted much...my father died and I'm finally done ( with with all that comes with it )
    If you still have a father...give him a hug and a smile
    Because..you might miss the bugger...when hey is gone

Cheers

Comment

well a boot.img is not gonna fix wich codec is availible ,

and there are patches for adding av1 codec

and latest sdk has some updated profiles for codecs

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
        IPTV seems to work well..
        I use Tivimate as main app / EPG...then as external player GSE IPTV
        On HD channels.. you rarely get HW acceleration..but on FHd always

I also use the box as Pi-hole for my network devices ( with netguard)
        When it stutters video..,.or crashes Pi-hole services...
        -I emty Cache : settings/storage/cache
        -I use the wipe app on desktop
        -Use Petrus Reboot app
        Then it good to Go again

Sorry guys haven't posted much...my father died and I'm finally done ( with with all that comes with it )
        If you still have a father...give him a hug and a smile
        Because..you might miss the bugger...when hey is gone

Cheers
        its a sad news
        R.I.P+

Comment

I accidentaly did something with twrp and now my device is MASKROM mode, does anyone has a solution to install a firmware when in MASKROM. I have looked for solutions everywhere and one was to find the NAND flash and try to short it but i can't find the NAND and i really have tried everything.

Comment

From Armbian topic
            H96MAX RK3566 4GB UBUNTU SERVER Release Version v0.3BETA
            UPDATE: Partition " / " resized to FULL DISK
            +wifi
            +bluetooth
            No Video out
            No Virtualization
            No Docker
            H96 MAX Board Type 1
            Kernel 4.19.219
            RK3566
            Linux FIT Image Rockchip EMMC
            Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
            This image has been compiled without any standardization and should be used for experimental purposes only,
            there is no guarantee of compatibility with your device

Download Link: Ubuntu_20.04.5_K4.19.219_RK3566_H96_MAX_4GB_No_Vid eo_OUT_+WIFI_+BT

when the Board Boot UP you will need to conect RJ45 LAN, Find the IP Addres on your PiHole Firewall or Lan Router and SSH to the ubuntu.
            User: ubuntu
            Password: ubuntu​

First BOOT COMANDS:
            Partition " / " resized to FULL DISK
            Code:
            $ df -h
            $ sudo resize2fs /dev/mmcblk2p6
            $ df -h

Base Parameters to build:
            DTB + DTS + rockchip_defconfig +BT +WIFI

SDK 4.19.219 LINUX to RK3566 H96 MAX

Why it doesn't video output? >Problem< >Problem<

Solution: ????11/2022??? @Walma let's debug the video output?
            Last edited by hotnikq; 11-18-2022, 00:08.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
              Hmm.. Downloaded the files from zeroprobe
              Thanks
              I see: XDA tread : you made a backup, edited the files...Cool
              _____

My unit came into day... 8/64gb version
              Will take some time..to get to know the device ( before flashing and stuff, if required)

Cheers

--------fw rk356x_box-userdebug 11 RQ1D.210105.003
              USB DAC support really good ( meizu / dragonfly's perfect playback plug and play ) (default color is magenta = 96khz ) (jitter free)
              Ota update says latest version
              wifi strength average / my tablets and phones see a lot more WiFi networks
              Remote range really bad / keeps blinking with new batt / airmouse works great
              CPU throttle says : allcores offline ? At 0.10 GHz ? Running test shows quite a bit off throttling
              Vanced YouTube with spoof : allows HDR playback
              android is android TV based / no notifications bar / no taskbar / 2 settings appz-pages / sound: no option to route sound to other devices like dacs
              Android 11 sdk30 arm64v8a arm-v7a widevine L3 clearkey 1.2
              RKMC kodi 18.9 is preinstalled info shows : 4cores at 12% with 6.4 gb of free ram / kernel 4.19 / batt level 50% / audio route option not given
              Bromite 64bit works good / preinstalled Firefox shows : banner no longer supporting android TV version
              Aurora market works / sentio works, but enabling appz in window doesn't work or even 50% 50% / Kodi 19 64bit works
              pcb = hcy-rk356x-1x32-v12 builddate = 2021-03-15 WiFi chip= hcy6355

On my amazon 4k stick.. I tried to watch a really really long movie, but the unit stated : running out of space!
              The rk3566 however played the movie without issue

"Smart YouTube next" has need options like 8k vp9+hdr with auto framerate switching... ( sadly I'm on a 27" monitor without HDR support )

Tweaking
              Developer options has lots of options like
              Disable google apps / disable "suspend execution of cached apps" / disable auto run "stress test for rockchip" and "google" / force sRGB

Root acquired... Was a pain to get unit into "loader" ( unit powers up from otg cable - so it needs enough power from USB )
              -methods : remove all cables / get ready to push reset button / connected otg cable unit will light up blue / hold reset button ( hope and pray it works )

Downloaded jellyfish 4k uhd 10bit 140mbps :
              Mxplayer some frame drops / off Kodi horrible frame drops / media center looks good / nova lots of framedrops

Rooted Boot.IMG for 8/64 version : https://ufile.io/bvd83kml
              Kodi/RMMC 18.9 for those with rockchip devices : https://ufile.io/t82z6tas
              Hi, I have the same device as yours with Wifi Chip HCY6355. I updated to November 22 firmware and now my wifi doesn't see any wifi access points. I have tried different firmware versions but no success. By any chance do you have the firmware file of your device? I will appreciate if you share and upload on GDrive. Or any one else on the forum can share a solution for my problem. Many thanks

Comment

Hello Everyone. I have the H96Max rk3566 with wifi chip HCY6355, 4/32. Please share link of the correct firmware. I updated and now there's no wifi. My board is exactly the same as in the link video.

Comment

Working...
                X