NAS or external drive for neo minix x7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ynot123 View Post
    NOt sure I understand the second point. Is the 4tb disk attached to minix using usb and you want to read from PC or the other way around, drive attached to PC and you want to read from minix?.

4TB hdd connected to minix, the drive is correctly as it seems recognized by system but when I want to enter the folder with big amount of data under total commander it says that it is not possible but when I want to access it through normal minix explorer it simply goes back to main desktop anyway I cannot access files inside the folder.

Comment

NAS or DAS ->> defintely ^^
      i got a 5-bay HDD tower from sharkoon.does the job very well :P
      low powerconsumption !! a normal NAS will consum a lot of power,the DAS (5bay-tower) does not ;D

This one, iw as lucky to get it for 140 euro ^^
      loving it !!
      i changed the standard fans inside -> smooth,barely noticeable (low noise),fast because of usb 3.0 (although its downgrading to 2.0)

i got 5 hdd inside with about 10 terrabyte of stuff

Buuuuut have to say ->> veeery important-> if u wanna use a NAS or DAS u HAVE to automount the HDDS !!!!
      so just install a app like paragon automount or use the ROM "hardwareguru malipatch4c" or install any other wich can automount hdds

and also -> sry 4 my english ^^

Comment

NAS scripts

Did a few tweaks to my MINIX X7 and it runs like a NAS!

0) install SManager (Playstore link here)

1) Create a new script that executes on Boot, when wifi is connected and with SU permissions, and execute the following command:
        Code:
        #!/system/bin/sh
        setprop service.adb.tcp.port 5555
        stop adbd
        start adbd
        2) Set up "Samba Filesharing for Android" (use the XDA version here) and edit the settings through the app. Check the 'dont rewrite smb.conf' option.
        Now go to SManager, go to /data/data/com.funkyfresh.samba/files/ and choose "samba-rc", set to execute on Boot, when wifi is connected and with SU permissions, and enter 'start' into the arguments field.

3) Follow instructions here to set up Transmission via opt-ware and configure accordingly.

there you have it, your very own NAS with (1) remote ADB shell (to access it, use ADB on a computer within the network and execute: "adb connect <ip address> && adb shell"; (2) Samba file sharing over the network; (3) Transmission daemon that can be accessed via browser at http://<ip address>:9091

Scripts will all be executed on device boot, meaning you will not need to switch on your TV to make sure that you individually activate each item through their respective apps. Now I never need to switch on my TV again to track my torrent statuses again!

Enjoy!

Comment

Samba file sharing on MINIX X8

I have rooted my Minix en installed samba filesharing (xda version). I want to be able to acces my external hdd (connected to the Minix) over my network.

I have followed the steps from this forum. (
          http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1383)
          From my PC i can see the MiniX SD-card and the external HDD. I can acces the SD-card no problem, but i cant acces the external hdd. Can someone help me with the config file?

Comment

Working...
          X