Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.3

Here is a RileyROM based on a firmware update dated 11/12/13. I don't have a change log for this particular release, but each one makes a little progress.

The main difference in this ROM is a change in the process I've done ROM's (New Kitchen, thanks to 900Supersport).

There is a major new feature I think you'll enjoy. During the first boot of the ROM, after stock recovery has formatted all of the partitions, it goes ahead and installs CWM Recovery in the background. So, you will see it boot first into stock recovery, but future reboots to recovery will be in CWM.

Also, if you have a micro SD card inserted with a folder called autoinstall, it will automatically install any apk files you have in the folder on first boot. I've tested it and it works. Just make sure there are no spaces in the apk file names, or it won't install that apk. It doesn't work well with app key apk's, since they are designed to be loaded from Google or from Titanium. I experimented with Titanium and with the key installed this way, it wouldn't recognize the backup folder...so consider yourself warned. I wouldn't load EVERYTHING this way, but it's handy to have X-Plore or any utilities you want to use right away without having to restore a backup.

Otherwise, this ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated completely down to basic Android (No Pipo Launcher)
    Busybox/Init.d Support
    English Default
    Multi-User activated
    4, 8, or 12gb user app space
    Boot Animation by Tattman65
    Reboot App by Petrus
    First Time User's Guide by Pr0xZen
    Flash Tool by Finless

I'm sure there's probably more...but I forget some things.

DOWNLOAD

Enjoy!!!!!!

Keep those donations coming!!!!! I need to support my expensive hobby!!!!!!

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Being a noob and all riley, will this rom work on the m9 pro? Pipo's site is kinda confusing to a newcomer like me considering it says max-m9pro.

Comment

Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.3

No it will NOT work on the M9 Pro. I have a ROM for that one, too.

Randy
      Last edited by rrileypm; 11-19-2013, 19:21.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        No it work on the M9 Pro. I have a ROM for that one, too.

Randy
        Sorry but I find this a bit confusing.

Will this ROM work on Pipo M9 Pro or not?
        If so, will it work on Pipo M9 Pro 3G?

Or should we with Pipo M9 Pro 3G only use Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.0?

Comment

Originally posted by Livy View Post
          Sorry but I find this a bit confusing.

Will this ROM work on Pipo M9 Pro or not?
          If so, will it work on Pipo M9 Pro 3G?

Or should we with Pipo M9 Pro 3G only use Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.0?
          No it's not. As a rule of thumb, if you see the word "Max" in the title, then it is NOT for the Pro version

Comment

Originally posted by spectra9 View Post
            No it's not. As a rule of thumb, if you see the word "Max" in the title, then it is NOT for the Pro version
            Thanks for the fast reply.
            So we with Pipo M9Pro 3G should stick to Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.0
            or what do you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by Livy View Post
              Thanks for the fast reply.
              So we with Pipo M9Pro 3G should stick to Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.0
              or what do you recommend?
              Well, you should definitely stick to the M9 Pro ROM since that's the one for your device, but I don't own one so I can't recommend which one. Look for threads with the title "M9 Pro" in it, that's for your tablet. The "M9 Max" is different.

Comment

sdk 2.0

This firmware based sdk 2.0 ?

Comment

v2.0 is the latest release for the M9 Pro right now. If you own an M9 Pro...instead of an M9 Max, you should only flash that ROM...not this one.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Re : Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.3

The boot animation has changed...compare to 1.9. Any chance to put the older one (or another one)?
                    I'm not fan of this new one...it's hypnotizing me!

Regarding the others things, here few feedbacks:
                    -I've put the tablet on charge and I realized it's longer to reach 100% than the 1.9 I don't know how longer, but it is.
                    -Regarding the multi window, does anybody know how can we add/change applications' icons on the top drop down menu?
                    -General feelings are quite good after 2 days with this version (even if I still need to tests other things).

Thanks Randy

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                      v2.0 is the latest release for the M9 Pro right now. If you own an M9 Pro...instead of an M9 Max, you should only flash that ROM...not this one.
                      Where is find Gpu overclocked kernel for m9

Comment

Just flashed this and trying it now. My Antutu score is a moderate 19450 (must be all those apps I have installed).

Thanks for this, Randy.

Comment

Originally posted by jireyes View Post
                          Just flashed this and trying it now. My Antutu score is a moderate 19450 (must be all those apps I have installed).

Thanks for this, Randy.
                          My Untutu score was 2340 today with the kernel from P.A (which was on the 2.2 thread).... The battery life is a a bit lower though with about 7.5 hours on heavy use.... Which is much the same as the 1.9 ROM. But I'm so happy with this ROM so far.... It feels very stable! On the downside, the spinning boot animation has put me in a trance every time that I've looked at it! HaHa

Comment

My wifi turns off at each reboot with 2.3 didnt have this with the earlier roms. No deal breaker but does anyone have a suggestion/solution? Thanks!

Edit: erased IDB and reflashed - all good.
                            Edit: this behaviour seems to be related to the roms Reboot app which appears to turn WiFi off on reboot. Reboot with power button does not exhibit this behaviour.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by soapymist; 11-20-2013, 20:23.

Comment

So far no better or worse than rr2.2... I don't have wifi reboot problem in this and in rr2.2... was having the problem in 2.0 & 2.1...
                              Last edited by fztt; 11-21-2013, 08:26.

Comment

Working...
                              X