Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K-R42 with Logitech Harmony Remote

All,
    I am trying to use my Logitech Harmony Remote with this device and am not having any luck. I have also tried to put a cheap windows media center receiver on it and tried to use that to work with the harmony and neither the media center remote or the harmony worked. Does anyone have any ideas for this to work. it would be great to have only one remote to mess with. I use the K-R42 using lewy's 2.0.4 rom with an alpha build of XBMC Gotham. Thanks again.

K-R42 with Logitech Harmony Remote

I found the remote is simular to the remote of the 'Samsung SMT-1000t' (DVB receiver), so you could select that one..

Comment

Hi,

i use the "flirc" adapter (www.flirc.tv) with my Logitech Harmony, works perfekt with any Xbmc version.

Regards from Germany
      Gerd
      CS918 with v1.1.1 justXbmc firmware from lewy20041
      Out: HDMI
      In: Logitech K400R keyboard, Flirc adapter for XBMC and Logitech Harmony

Comment

I just used the learning facility on the Harmony to learn the remote commands of the K-R42. Works perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by givecredit View Post
          I just used the learning facility on the Harmony to learn the remote commands of the K-R42. Works perfectly.
          I would do this but I was hoping to get a play/stop button or a button to bring up the subtitles also. That is why I tried to get a media center remote to hook up to it. If I use the learning feature then do you know how to get other functionality as the vendor supplied remote does not have any of these buttons?

Comment

A bit of an hassle..

The Samsung SMT-100t in the Logitech Harmony software is chosen.

Installed Key Test and identified the key ID for each keys identified.

Added the missing keys on the Harmony remote by learning the IR codes with the Harmony software

Edited the rkxx-remotectl.kl file to get the most functionality out of the keys available.

What is now missing is the ability to edit the remote.xml or the keyboard.xml under XBMC
            If I make any changes to /sdcard/android/..... or /data/data/..... it is not picked up by XBMC application

Anyone know how those xml files can be edited on those Android boxes?

Comment

Working...
            X