Lantic L003 rooting, CWM, ROM and 1080p kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lantic L003 rooting, CWM, ROM and 1080p kernel

First, my appreciation goes out to the numerous, helpful members of the Freaktab community

LANTIC L003 DISSECTED

I bought this device in Taiwan and hope to mod it out by adding a second antenna and a heatsink, so stay tuned If you look closely at the innards photo, you'll see it has a PCB almost exactly the same as the dual antenna, TV Cloud Stick. Moreover, it gets a bit hot with the 1080p kernel by gin running.

How to root this (or likely any 3188/3066) device: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ssfully-rooted!

How to install CWM Recovery on this (or likely any 3188/3066) device: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...8-3066-devices

LANTIC L003 REVIEW

Pros:

- It can read and write to NTFS partitioned USB flash drives (though USB3 and exFAT drives aren't readable)
    - WiFi range is excellent
    - Bluetooth has mid-to-excellent range & I'm able to use a mouse, keyboard and speaker simultaneously without disconnections, lag or miscellaneous problems
    - It plays 1080p videos stably and doesn't get too hot doing it
    - Excellent overall stability; haven't experienced a crash since I got it
    - Generic enough to find working ROMs and kernels for it

Cons:

- Not rooted (but easy to root)
    - Has a dumbed-down version of 4.2 (but not too dumb; can be modified easily enough)
    - Not a lot of pre-installed apps
    - No heatsink whatsoever
    - WiFi antenna is cheap and might be broken easily (though the device is easy to open & it'd probably easy to mod the antenna & perhaps a second antenna)

More to follow. I hope I can help people who buy this device in Taiwan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PolarBear; 11-22-2013, 03:03. Reason: added important info

A ROM and a kernel for Lantic L003

Thanks to NEOMODE His Hybrid 1.7 ROM works well with this device, HOWEVER, you will need the kernel by gin (below) to get WiFi and Bluetooth working with this ROM:
    Originally posted by neomode View Post
    Software included:

- SuperUser
    - Lightning Browser
    - TinCore KeyManager
    - Reboot App
    - Xposed Installer

Also we have init.d Support :-)

Download here:

Different Parameter Files you can get here, with this Files you raise the App Space.
    Simply Download the File you want rename it to parameter and replace the parameter File
    that came with my Rom.

[ATTACH]3556[/ATTACH]

If you like my Work please Donate to our Forum.

Neomode
    The 1080p Kernel for this device will also enable WiFi and Bluetooth:
    Originally posted by gin View Post
    Managed to build stable 1080p kernel for J22 stick without screen issues and working wifi and bluetooth: 20131119MSK1120_J22_1080p_kernel_3_0_36p.zip
    THANKS, gents

Comment

Another 1080p kernel

I've been told that these kernels works well for Lantic L003 owners who've had stability issues:

Originally posted by lonely2k5 View Post
      J22 - tweaked and OC kernel
      1080p and 720p

Thanks to lonely2k5

Edit: Tried the 720p kernel with Neomode's Hybrid 1.8 ROM, worked well

Also, thanks to Neomode whose Hybrid ROM 1.8 is available (though I haven't tried it yet) here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...rs-with-AP6210
      Last edited by PolarBear; 11-27-2013, 17:15. Reason: updated info

Comment

Working...
      X