Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Root The Nextbook 7 Premium Tablet (Noob Friendly)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Root The Nextbook 7 Premium Tablet (Noob Friendly)

Hi All, I'm DocTech and im here to do you all a huge favor and tell you how to root your Nextbook/Amlogic Premium tablet.

Step One:
    Download The Root Package Here

Step Two:
    Connect Your Tablet To Your PC

Step Three:
    Copy The Root Package (Whole Thing) Onto The External Sd Card

Step Four:
    Safely Remove The Tablet From Your PC

Step Five:
    On Your Tablet, Turn It Off Then Hold Either Power Button And Down On The Volume Rocker Or Power Button And Both Sides Of The Volume Rocker Until It Goes Into Recovery Mode

Step Six:
    Go Down To 'Apply Update From Sdcard' And Press The Power Button

Step Seven:
    Go Down To 'Kyser_Root-signed.zip' And Press The Power

Step Eight:
    Once It Installs, Press Power To Reboot The System

Step Nine:
    Install Your Preferred Super User App (I Recommend SuperSU By Chainfire)

You Should Now Have FULL Superuser Access, Consider Yourself Rooted.

If You Have Any Problems Or Questions Just Ask Because I Am Happy To Help You Fellow Nextbook Users

Nextbook 7p12

Originally posted by DocTech View Post
    Hi All, I'm DocTech and im here to do you all a huge favor and tell you how to root your Nextbook/Amlogic Premium tablet.

Step One:
    Download The Root Package Here

Step Two:
    Connect Your Tablet To Your PC

Step Three:
    Copy The Root Package (Whole Thing) Onto The External Sd Card

Step Four:
    Safely Remove The Tablet From Your PC

Step Five:
    On Your Tablet, Turn It Off Then Hold Either Power Button And Down On The Volume Rocker Or Power Button And Both Sides Of The Volume Rocker Until It Goes Into Recovery Mode

Step Six:
    Go Down To 'Apply Update From Sdcard' And Press The Power Button

Step Seven:
    Go Down To 'Kyser_Root-signed.zip' And Press The Power

Step Eight:
    Once It Installs, Press Power To Reboot The System

Step Nine:
    Install Your Preferred Super User App (I Recommend SuperSU By Chainfire)

You Should Now Have FULL Superuser Access, Consider Yourself Rooted.

If You Have Any Problems Or Questions Just Ask Because I Am Happy To Help You Fellow Nextbook Users
    I tried to root my n7p12 with these instructions to failure.
    when i tried to install the zip from sd card it says:
    failed to verify whole-file signature.....
    Now all i was trying to do is install a clockworkMOD to flash my 4.0.4 into CM 10.
    Can you plz give me a detailed instruction to do that (i am kinda noob in here)(specifically for cm 10)

And yes!!!
    i have tried searching so many threads from xda and here and there to find no exact result for this tab.

Comment

Next7P serial YF0911 has no volume buttons...

...except for those on the screen. This makes step #5 rather difficult. Please clarify in case I am missing something here. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jimh69 View Post
        ...except for those on the screen. This makes step #5 rather difficult. Please clarify in case I am missing something here. Thanks.
        You have to press both the power button and the volume down button at the same time for a few second.and you should see upgradin...please wait thing. That is the stock recovery mode.Then follow the instructions above.In my case those instructions didnt turn up to work. Still worth a shot.

Comment

If it has Android 4.1 stock, just use motochopper. It worked for me.

Comment

rooting nextbook seven premuim

Hi. I am trying to root my nextbook seven premium. I followed the instructions provided, but I keep getting the message that the update was aborted.
            Can you help me here?
            Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by dallasbz View Post
              Hi. I am trying to root my nextbook seven premium. I followed the instructions provided, but I keep getting the message that the update was aborted.
              Can you help me here?
              Thank you.
              You need a modified or custom recovery installed as a uImage_recovery file on your external sd card to flash .zip packages, otherwise installation aborts because the stock recovery will only install .zip updates signed with Nextbook's private signature keys.

When you boot an amlogic based tablet by holding the power and volume- keys, it will look for a uImage_recovery file on the external SD and automatically use it instead of the stock internal recovery, then you can attempt to flash any .zip package you want.

Try TWRP recovery from here, then use it flash the kyser_root.zip package:
              http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?12619-TWRP-Recovery-with-UBIFS-Support-For-Amlogic-Nextbook-Tablets-(Support-Thread)

ShaunMT
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

direct download?

So is there any reason that I woldnt be able to just directly download the file to the exteral sd on my next book and then just reboot in recovery mode? I dont have a computer so thats kind of not a option for me. Im also not trying to install any custom roms just yet, I just want root access.

Comment

Originally posted by pinky View Post
                  So is there any reason that I woldnt be able to just directly download the file to the exteral sd on my next book and then just reboot in recovery mode? I dont have a computer so thats kind of not a option for me. Im also not trying to install any custom roms just yet, I just want root access.
                  Should work... you'll need an app from the play store to unzip it though...
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Thats fine, I already have one of those, I was going to ask also if we were certain that this would work with my nextbook, but I dont know the serial number. The model number on the back says nx007sd4g, and the about settings say next7p12, like it doesnt know what model it wants to be. It has ICS4.0.4 and the kernel is amlogic 2.6.34, dated 26 Dec, 2012. Should work.

Comment

Thats fine, I already have one of those, I was going to ask also if we were certain that this would work with my nextbook, but I dont know the serial number. The model number on the back says nx007sd4g, and the about settings say next7p12, like it doesnt know what model it wants to be. It has ICS4.0.4 and the kernel is amlogic 2.6.34, dated 26 Dec, 2012. Should work.
                      Look here for a recovery to use and be sure to check your build.prop and compare the entries to the file names of the available versions:
                      http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?12618-TWRP-Recovery-with-UBIFS-Support-For-Amlogic-Nextbook-Tablets-(Download-Thread)&p=174961#post174961

Then use it to flash my kyser_root.zip package.

ShaunMT
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I found the right one, it was the next7p12-8g board not the nx7p12-4g like I figured it would be. Strange. Good thing I checked.

Comment

Okay, so I installed everything and I put Chains DD Super User on my device, and I have root, however none of my apps are asking for superuser permissions. They do on my phone, but not my tablet. Is anyone else expiriencing this? Es fild browser, No bloat, Andoid system tuner, all of these apps should be requesting permisions, but they are not.... It isn't affecting my root ability, its just odd. Could it just be the Superuser app? Is this oot like most phone roots, where if I delete superuser I lose my root access? If not I could switch to SuperSU and see if that makes a difference. SuperUser isn't doing anything, no logs, and no app permissions. Just curious.

Comment

Okay, so I installed everything and I put Chains DD Super User on my device, and I have root, however none of my apps are asking for superuser permissions. They do on my phone, but not my tablet. Is anyone else expiriencing this? Es fild browser, No bloat, Andoid system tuner, all of these apps should be requesting permisions, but they are not.... It isn't affecting my root ability, its just odd. Could it just be the Superuser app? Is this oot like most phone roots, where if I delete superuser I lose my root access? If not I could switch to SuperSU and see if that makes a difference. SuperUser isn't doing anything, no logs, and no app permissions. Just curious.
                            Superuser / Supersu / etc... should control root access.... without such a program, all apps get unrestricted and unmonitored access to root...

I usually either flash my kyser_root.zip package or one of my pre-rooted roms... neither which include a superuser app (because I think people should download their preferred app)... it just installs su in the correct location and sets the correct permissions to use it for root...

then I download SuperSu from the play store... and it controls which apps are allowed to use root via the usual popups
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

What im saying is that none of my apps are asking for root permissions, they just have it, and superuser isnt logging anything or requesting permissons for the apps.

Comment

Working...
                              X