701i now rebooting every time I try to power down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can say this much

if you use the live suite to flash a new rom it will clear out all the old information. as for sdcard, the internal memory is refered to as sdcard, an inserted micr sd is called ext-sdcard by the system.

Comment

OK, well it says it's clearing the card then nothing is cleared so a permission or somethings screwed up and I took the external card out just to be safe. I spose it's possible that if I got it flashed to a new rom, even if it's the older C version it might sort the issues unless you have a idea where I need to look to see whats messed up. So I spose the live suite is around here to download, wonder if they have the newer rom ready to go as I know one of you upped it recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Dartman View Post
        Well I'm about to exchange mine. It will not do a full factory reset at all, just sits there or says it erased all the info on the sd card that's not installed. I can't get all my personal info cleared out just in case because of this so I need to know what else I can do to at least burn my personal login from Google on the tablet before I take it back for another one, pretty frustrating.
        The reset button underneath restarts it but everything is still on it. I have cleared out all the extra goodies I installed but can't seem to clear all the login stuff for me I'll poke around here for the recovery mode or anything else that will clear it better then the reset function that's not working, or maybe try that new rom if it's up now before I completely give up.
        I'm with you Dartman, I'm packing this thing back up and taking it back tomorrow! It seems like the problem with mine is the internal storage failed completely and I could not install anything. It kept restarting because nothing could be saved and I thinks that's also why the recovery menu kept coming back up. When I checked the internal storage in settings it said 0%! I'm gonna just chalk it up to drive failure and exchange it for a new one. Thanks for trying to help NUX! Ya'll are a bunch of great guys and girls!
        Last edited by miccheck69; 04-24-2012, 04:20. Reason: Had yo shout out NUX!

Comment

Well for the money spent and the mostly OK results I'm willing to go through a few till I get a solid one as it's great as long as I'm not trying to shut it down or reset it.

Comment

I tried the key push reset trick in the Ice cream Sandwich I model thread and it did fully erase and reset my tablet so the others in here that have had somewhat similar issues to mine might want to give that route a shot and see if it fixes their issues. It does a full back to stock as delivered reset if you push the right option button and it fixed mine not doing the factory reset from the settings menu. So far it hasn't fixed the flaky power down issues but if I knew what to do about that or if anyone else has a idea I'd now give it a shot as all my data's cleared out and the tablets 99.9 back to stock again. It's too late to go exchange it tonight anyways.
            Here's the thread http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Sandwich/page4 scroll down to post 73 for the instructions if anyone wants to try it before throwing in the towel and exchanging their units.
            Last edited by Dartman; 04-24-2012, 05:13. Reason: add thread info

Comment

And today after decompressing from work I returned it in exchange for another one. Went to my closest store and they had 3 of the newer style boxes with I units and the manager was fine with me exchanging seeing how I still had the receipt and the whole box and contents. I told him it seems to work fine except after a day or so I noticed that about 80 percent of the time it will not power down but keeps rebooting and restarting after a bit. I opened it in the store, it did have the video port and powered up and booted fine, then powered down properly when I hit the red button so told him I'm good to go. I also bought a cheap tablet folder cover and a couple of cheap screen savers while I was there so I should be all set now if it stays happy.
              I should have suspected something was up with the other one as all the new in box ones I got always were fully charged and the other one was dead outa the box.
              I got market installed without rooting it, angry birds, and angry birds Rio. I have root explorer but I think maybe I'll hold off on rooting it for now to make sure everything's good and see if market is actually working but I see all the apps and it went through the motions fine.
              It plays both angry birds really nicely and I can expand and squish the screen which I couldn't do with the Sylvania resistive screen cheapie I have.
              It also does a factory reset from the settings menu just fine which was another sign something wasn't right at first. Anyways crisis solved and maybe I can get down to just playing and modding my new toy now.

Comment

Polariod 701i Root

I was wondering if i root my polariod and it mess up can i reset it to the original factory setting. Also instead of rooting the tablet for the android market(google play) Can i just download the apps on my pc and transfer it by usb connection or on the SD card.

Comment

market install without rooting

I was wondering how you got the market app installed without rooting. If you can please tell me.

Comment

You can do a total factory reset with the button pushes that I linked to from the other thread that finally cleared all my user info and downloaded apps that the setting menu reset wouldn't touch so you probably have at least two ways built right into the tablet to do it, plus once a rom is ready that works I spose.
                    I have installed aps I download on my PC then transferred to my SD card so yes you can, at least through the card, haven't tried with the USB connected yet. That's how I installed the two angry birds and root explorer.
                    I'd say you could just backup whatever you don't want to loose then play away as long as your tablet is stable and working. Mine was having issues so I don't know that rooting it had anything to do with it but I'll play it safe for a bit and make sure this one seems to be 100 percent.
                    Sister is playing Angry Birds Rio right now on it and testing it out for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Dartman View Post
                      You can do a total factory reset with the button pushes that I linked to from the other thread that finally cleared all my user info and downloaded apps that the setting menu reset wouldn't touch so you probably have at least two ways built right into the tablet to do it, plus once a rom is ready that works I spose.
                      I have installed aps I download on my PC then transferred to my SD card so yes you can, at least through the card, haven't tried with the USB connected yet. That's how I installed the two angry birds and root explorer.
                      I'd say you could just backup whatever you don't want to loose then play away as long as your tablet is stable and working. Mine was having issues so I don't know that rooting it had anything to do with it but I'll play it safe for a bit and make sure this one seems to be 100 percent.
                      Sister is playing Angry Birds Rio right now on it and testing it out for me...
                      Thanks. Have you tried any rom games such as gameboy advance

Comment

The market app I just had the thing that is in the zip file of everything you'll need and I had it on the SD card. I haven't actually downloaded anything but it went through the motions and asked for all the permissions and I can see all the apps so I think it works. Guess I wont know for sure till I see if it allows me to download stuff. I spose if it doesn't I can just reload root explorer and redo it but it appears to work as is now.

I haven't tried any rom games, just got this fully working unit tonight and slowly checking it out and adding stuff. I didn't know it could do those anyways.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dartman;9679]The market app I just had the thing that is in the zip file of everything you'll need and I had it on the SD card. I haven't actually downloaded anything but it went through the motions and asked for all the permissions and I can see al the apps so I think it works. Guess I wont know for sure till I see if it allows me to download stuff. I spse if it doesn't I can just reload root explorer and redo it but it appears to work as is now.

I havent tried any rom games, just got this fully working unit tonight and slowly checking it out and adding stuff. I didn't know it could do those anyways.[/QUOTE

Thanks again. If you can please let me know if you can play rom games or use the gameboy advance app

Comment

Yes u can use the emulators and play rom games on it. GBA works nice (only tried pokemon on it).

Comment

A8 no boot

hi I need help my polaroid A8 is stuck on start up screen with the little circle spinning around tried holding the power button down to force restart but when I power it back up it does the same thing any help would be great

Comment

Working...
                              X