Near-Perfect ROM & Config for UT1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Near-Perfect ROM & Config for UT1

At the risk of making a bold statement, I think I have found the near-perfect ROM and config combination that gets around 99% of the UT1's limitations/issues. The Riley/Finless ROM was a good inspiration to further pursue optimised ROM's & Kernels for the UT1.

First I downloaded and flashed the Finless 1.6 ROM for the Minix Neo X7 (http://www.freak-tab.de/finless/neo_...finless_16.zip), using the Kernel from Ibazzi (https://www.dropbox.com/s/zo77tr0qo1...80p_kernel.zip). Either 720p or 1080p works perfectly.
    This ROM/Kernel combination addresses the following issues:
    - Optimised ROM for the excellent Neo X7, allowing HDMI or SPDIF/Optical passthrough for AC-3/Dolby/DTS
    - ROM spoofs Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) which allows for very little hassle with Apps from the Play Store
    - Kernel allows for full functionality for the UT1: Remote, WiFi, Ethernet, no MAC issue
    - Kernel boosts CPU, RAM and GPU speeds to 1800Mhz, 720Mhz and 600Mhz respectively, whilst the UT1 remains stable snappy. Saw 19400 score on Antutu

Whilst I had sporadic lockups with the Riley/Finless ROM, I still need to have one with this ROM/Kernel combination. My UT1 has been running for nearly 33 hours under various loads without hassle.

Problems loading the firmware using the Flashtool.

Hi,

First of all thank you for your hard work.

I am trying to flash this rom with the Rockchip Batch Tool v1.7 but I get an error: "Load firmware failed"

Are you using another tool to flash this rom?

gr. HackAzz

Originally posted by LCBXX View Post
    At the risk of making a bold statement, I think I have found the near-perfect ROM and config combination that gets around 99% of the UT1's limitations/issues. The Riley/Finless ROM was a good inspiration to further pursue optimised ROM's & Kernels for the UT1.

First I downloaded and flashed the Finless 1.6 ROM for the Minix Neo X7 (http://www.freak-tab.de/finless/neo_...finless_16.zip), using the Kernel from Ibazzi (https://www.dropbox.com/s/zo77tr0qo1...80p_kernel.zip). Either 720p or 1080p works perfectly.
    - Optimised ROM for the excellent Neo X7, allowing HDMI or SPDIF/Optical passthrough for AC-3/Dolby/DTS
    - ROM spoofs Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) which allows for very little hassle with Apps from the Play Store
    - Kernel allows for full functionality for the UT1: Remote, WiFi, Ethernet, no MAC issue
    - Kernel boosts CPU, RAM and GPU speeds to 1800Mhz, 720Mhz and 600Mhz respectively, whilst the UT1 remains stable snappy. Saw 19400 score on Antutu

Whilst I had sporadic lockups with the Riley/Finless ROM, I still need to have one with this ROM/Kernel combination. My UT1 has been running for nearly 33 hours under various loads without hassle.

Comment

You must use the tool that came with the ROM to flash it. The RK Batch Tool can only flash a ROM that is all in one img file. Follow the instructions in the First Time User's Guide.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

I tried to flash the kernel itself as an image haven't seen the second link

Comment

Have you downloaded my v1.1 ROM? It is based on new firmware for the UT1.

It doesn't include all of the bells and whistles of the Finless ROM, but it fixes a few things.

Inside my ROM kit is the flash tool you can use to just flash the kernel.img.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Exactly that's the one I was talking about Randy

But I am still searching for a solution for xbmc.

There must be a way to let xbmc recognize the passthrough drivers of the UT1, but also in the new firmware of November on the Ugoos website, it's not working.

Do you think it's a matter of a "new" driver or is it implemantation of the UT1 driver in XBMC?

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            Have you downloaded my v1.1 ROM? It is based on new firmware for the UT1.

It doesn't include all of the bells and whistles of the Finless ROM, but it fixes a few things.

Inside my ROM kit is the flash tool you can use to just flash the kernel.img.

Comment

If we could narrow down the drivers from a ROM that it works in...and add those drivers to this ROM and insmod it in the boot.img, there is a possibility that it might work.

With the holiday...I'm going to be busy, away from ROM cooking...more like Turkey cooking...so it may be the weekend before I have a chance to do anything.

In the meantime, if you can track down what makes it work in the other ROMs, vs this one...we can try to fix it.

As I said, my ROM is a rooted basic stock firmware with just a few other tweaks that I put into my tablet ROM's. I'm not really a TV stick guy, but I happen to have a UT1.

I added XBMC to the ROM, but other than just launching the app and thumbing around the features, I have never used it. I'm a complete noob in that area. I spend most of my free time doing Pipo tablet ROM's, and haven't taken the time to play around with my UT1 very much.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Ok Randy,

Have a nice holiday, and thanks for the v1.1 rom
                I'll go and try to figure out what will work in xbmc, but it's a long journey I guess....

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                If we could narrow down the drivers from a ROM that it works in...and add those drivers to this ROM and insmod it in the boot.img, there is a possibility that it might work.

With the holiday...I'm going to be busy, away from ROM cooking...more like Turkey cooking...so it may be the weekend before I have a chance to do anything.

In the meantime, if you can track down what makes it work in the other ROMs, vs this one...we can try to fix it.

As I said, my ROM is a rooted basic stock firmware with just a few other tweaks that I put into my tablet ROM's. I'm not really a TV stick guy, but I happen to have a UT1.

I added XBMC to the ROM, but other than just launching the app and thumbing around the features, I have never used it. I'm a complete noob in that area. I spend most of my free time doing Pipo tablet ROM's, and haven't taken the time to play around with my UT1 very much.

Comment

Re: Near-Perfect ROM & Config for UT1

Yes...like finding a needle in a haystack.

Sent from my M9pro using Tapatalk 2
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

would the new Finless Neo X7 1.8 ROM work with the Ugoos UT1? also, is there a way to enable 24hz support? most of my content is encoded at 24p and theres still noticable judder.
                    Last edited by stefjnl; 12-08-2013, 12:24.

Comment

Originally posted by LCBXX View Post

Thanks for the Ibazzi kernel link. It works great with most ROMs from other devices too. Is Ibazzi still working on a newer version? I don't seem to be able to find more of his work.

Comment

You have nailed it!!!

This is brilliant. At last the UT1 works!

Comment

Been testing Finless 1.8 ROM and the Kernel from Ibazzi, been solid for about a week now...

Thanks to Bob, Ibazzi, Randy, wasser, and the others for their hard work on making the UT1 a better unit...

Cheers!!!
                          southpole

Comment

Originally posted by southpole View Post
                            Been testing Finless 1.8 ROM and the Kernel from Ibazzi, been solid for about a week now...

Thanks to Bob, Ibazzi, Randy, wasser, and the others for their hard work on making the UT1 a better unit...

Cheers!!!
                            southpole

Update on this, all was working great on ethernet, when I was testing on wifi notice that it would drop the wifi occasionally and could only get it back by rebooting the unit.

Now testing with the kernel from Randy rom 1.1 which solved the wifi issue...

Comment

The kernel from riley rom 1.1 is almost the best kernel for UT1.Stable, with all original features. If riley patch his kernel from 1.1 rom with Ibazzi's speeds for CPU,GPU and memory then, it will be the best UT1 kernel.

Comment

Working...
                              X