No announcement yet.

Polaroid A8 Tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas all, i have this tablet and will test any roms created, i'm currently upgrading this with the Google update with root provided here.

Comment

how to swap the memories

Originally posted by guessyet View Post
      Impactor is the program I have been using to root my A/S8.

I have been able to extract the partition images from the updated-google image. I modified the props to enable adb. I also was able to swap the internal sd with extsd to give me 32G of sd to use for installs ..

I am currently working on the recovery.

elektrik.. maybe we can work together..
      i just downloaded the program and im wondering if you can give me a little guide on how to swap the internal sd with extsd as ive been trying to install nova 3 and i keep getting this error saying that i need an additional 822 mb of memory on my sd to install it on that note i noticed that the box says it has 4 gigs of memory* (* depending on how many apps you have installed) well for internal sd it only shows available 827.85 mb what am i supposed to do with that? thanks in advance

Comment

tried with ur modified still my pc wont recognize it

this is the google-update with adb restored. you install this with phoenixsuite and once the device is booted go into settings and do the following..

go to 'about tablet'
        start pressing the 'build number' line over and over.. it will eventually count down and enable dev options..
        once dev options are shown (dev option will be just above 'about tablet') press dev options.

disable adb if it is enabled and re-enable it. you will get a confirmation message.. press ok..

your computer should see the device and you will be able to run the impactor program to drop su into the xbin directory.. once impactor has finished install your supersu or superuser app.. and you are done..

http://www.mediafire.com/download/za...S-20130909.zip

Comment

Originally posted by Youngarson View Post
          Would that Cyanogenmod install work on this Tablet ?? Polaroid A8
          No. Not until we get a working kernel that would mesh with it. Right now we're just barely beyond basic vanilla-root status.

Comment

Originally posted by andresinibus View Post
            feel your pain. second that, or rather you second me.

Comment

Originally posted by Youngarson View Post
              Would that Cyanogenmod install work on this Tablet ?? Polaroid A8
              I'm actually compiling one using some pieces from other Allwinner devices and some from the device. I'm just compiling a build to see what it would turn out to be, its probably gonna partially work. I might just compile an A20 3.4.13 kernel to ensure CM boots.

Comment

i just downloaded the program and im wondering if you can give me a little guide on how to swap the internal sd with extsd as ive been trying to install nova 3 and i keep getting this error saying that i need an additional 822 mb of memory on my sd to install it on that note i noticed that the box says it has 4 gigs of memory* (* depending on how many apps you have installed) well for internal sd it only shows available 827.85 mb what am i supposed to do with that? thanks in advance
                Now that I have the other images up.. i will get one with this included..

Comment

this is due to the pc.. i would look at drivers.. perhaps you need to uninstall your current android drivers and also uninstall your usb drivers.. and let your system pick them up again.. your usb drivers should be availible to the system without you having to provide them.. use one of the drivers i uploaded for the tablet driver. - BTW- if you are using one of the rooted roms i just uploaded 'adb notify' is disabled. the tablet will not tell you that adb debugging is on or connected to a pc in the status bar.

Comment

this is due to the pc.. i would look at drivers.. perhaps you need to uninstall your current android drivers and also uninstall your usb drivers.. and let your system pick them up again.. your usb drivers should be availible to the system without you having to provide them.. use one of the drivers i uploaded for the tablet driver. - BTW- if you are using one of the rooted roms i just uploaded 'adb notify' is disabled. the tablet will not tell you that adb debugging is on or connected to a pc in the status bar.
                    Folks, something to keep in mind-All the other Polaroids I've made ROMs for (of the allwinner A8 single core variety) show the device with a ! in the device manager, but work-this is normal operating procedure unfornately, and doesn't necessarily indicate a problem for the old live suite software. Even the newer Allwinner tablet I have (Onda Quad core) and uses Phoenix Suit has the exclamation in device manager and works properly. Only telling this cause I don't want you guys chasing wild geese when it may not be the driver at all.
                    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

I also have an A/S8 Polaroid tablet. Got it rooted and I've been looking all over the place for a CM9/CM10 ROM to install. Now...I know there isn't really one up but I'm more than willing to test a beta ROM. I'm fairly proficient and could most likely unbrick it should that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadphyre View Post
                        I also have an A/S8 Polaroid tablet. Got it rooted and I've been looking all over the place for a CM9/CM10 ROM to install. Now...I know there isn't really one up but I'm more than willing to test a beta ROM. I'm fairly proficient and could most likely unbrick it should that happen.
                        Well, I just got done compiling a CM11 ROM that is TWRP-flashable (well, it's CM). It's uploading on my drive, and I'll PM you when it's done uploading. It's a really huge zip (about 382 megs) I replaced some /system/libs as well. Hopefully it boots.

But that 300-400 meg range is usually normal for an Allwinner firmware...

Comment

Originally posted by AManofFewWords View Post
                          Well, I just got done compiling a CM11 ROM that is TWRP-flashable (well, it's CM). It's uploading on my drive, and I'll PM you when it's done uploading. It's a really huge zip (about 382 megs) I replaced some /system/libs as well. Hopefully it boots.

But that 300-400 meg range is usually normal for an Allwinner firmware...
                          Sweet, and that's about a typical size. I'll give it a shot and let ya know how it turns out.

Comment

Hey I also have this tablet I'm willing to beta test this rom for you as soon as i get root tomorrow morning, let me know if i could help as I have been searching all over the web for this...

Comment

A/S8 simple root

I finally opened my tablet yesterday and updated it with the google bloatware from southerntelecom and for a while I thought I was going to be stuck with out working adb which means no root for me.
                              SnapPea gave me adb back and I believe impactor rooted me in less than 30 seconds!! Great feeling. I am new to this forum and overly anxious to get flashing on this tab.. Are there and Custom Roms someone would recommend? Mods/TWEAKS/Apps. I am a member over @xda and the only custom RoM I will use as a daily driver is CyanogenMod cm11 android 4.4.2 Most Stable) on my old a%s Droid Razr xt912 Spyder (omap) with @dtrail1 JBX-Kernel which you can do anyting you want with!!

Thank in advance..

Comment

Originally posted by 1droidmod View Post
                                I finally opened my tablet yesterday and updated it with the google bloatware from southerntelecom and for a while I thought I was going to be stuck with out working adb which means no root for me.
                                SnapPea gave me adb back and I believe impactor rooted me in less than 30 seconds!! Great feeling. I am new to this forum and overly anxious to get flashing on this tab.. Are there and Custom Roms someone would recommend? Mods/TWEAKS/Apps. I am a member over @xda and the only custom RoM I will use as a daily driver is CyanogenMod cm11 android 4.4.2 Most Stable) on my old a%s Droid Razr xt912 Spyder (omap) with @dtrail1 JBX-Kernel which you can do anyting you want with!!

Thank in advance..

I have a pre-rooted rom up that you can use if you want. Currently, there has been no modifications to the loaded apps.. they are the identical to the original google-updated version.. I did make a few changes to the android os in order for it to usable for development. Things like forcing adb access at boot and such.. There are several tweaks added to speed up response. I also added TWRP recovery with working touch because the original recovery system sucked. The rom can be classified as 'stable' as the original but is honestly more..

link to my AS8 pre-rooted rom thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X