Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Polaroid A8 Tablet

Originally posted by guessyet View Post
    I have a pre-rooted rom up that you can use if you want. Currently, there has been no modifications to the loaded apps.. they are the identical to the original google-updated version.. I did make a few changes to the android os in order for it to usable for development. Things like forcing adb access at boot and such.. There are several tweaks added to speed up response. I also added TWRP recovery with working touch because the original recovery system sucked. The rom can be classified as 'stable' as the original but is honestly more..

link to my AS8 pre-rooted rom thread.
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ROOTED-TWRP**
    Thanks alot!!! I will give it a go.. I noticed after i rooted and started customizing to my liking a deep lag set in so speed tweaks are for sure a ++. Definitely a great deal for 90 dollars.

Thanks again. I will post back after. Oh, when i flash this am I going to lose my apps? Or does app/data get restored also?

XT912 RaZR SpYdEr CDMA
    hit ThAnKs if I was helpful!!!

Comment

Lol.. I downloaded this a bit earlier but have not flashed yet. Not sure if I will lose my stuff. I guess i will pick up a sd card. I was able to rebuild all my .apk's from my phone with lucky patcher and install on this tab, worked like a charm. I will lucky patch my Titanium Backup and just not worry about losing anything. I did read somewhere that with this tab (like my phone) we can swap internal/ext-storage.. Another plus.

XT912 RaZR SpYdEr CDMA

Comment

Quick question. I just bought a SanDisk Ultra micro sd card 8gig and Root Explorer does not see it but in System settings\storage it is there. Any ideas on a solution? I did reboot after install of card.

Thanks.

Sent from my A/S8 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by 1droidmod View Post
          Quick question. I just bought a SanDisk Ultra micro sd card 8gig and Root Explorer does not see it but in System settings\storage it is there. Any ideas on a solution? I did reboot after install of card.

Thanks.

In Root Explorer is should in Ext_SDCARD or something like that and not in sdcard. (Folders wise that is, since it's mounted).

See if there is an EXT_SDCARD folder somewhere in the root. Since the tablet shows that it's in, it should be there. That's where the external card is located.

Comment

Ya' normally it is like that!!

Attached Files

Comment

Ya' normally it is like that!!

you will find the externel sdcard in the /mnt directory.. it is called extsd.. so the path is /mnt/extsd/

Comment

Thanks.. I just saw that..

Comment

Titanium Backup won't let me use the external sd as backup location. Says it is not writable. Lol, i will flash ur RoM today' I made a flashable.zip thru TB with my backup's.

Comment

Polaroid A/S8 Partition list

So I'm trying to figure out where half of the storage space went. Since the Polaroid A8 is supposed to have 4 gigs of storage but I was only able to see two partitions each 1 gig in size. After tinking around I found a list of all the partitions and was wondering if anyone knew what the questionable ones were used for and if they are in fact even needed. I'll post a list below and what each is given.

nanda : 16MB
                    nandb: 16MB
                    nandc: 16MB
                    Sytem(/system): 1009MB
                    Data(/data): 1009MB
                    nandf: 16MB
                    nandg: 32MB
                    Cache(/cache): 504MB
                    nandi: 256MB
                    nandj(/drm): 15.9MB
                    nandk: 832MB

Now, I know that some nands are needed for the tablet to operate but the last nand on here, nandk has 832MB and isn't even used. There is 832MB's of free space on this partition. Also nandj isn't used. In fact, the only nand that is being used is nandj which is for the DRM.

Comment

Well I successfully flashed your rom but I lost root, I got root/adb back, restored a couple apps, tablet was super laggy at this point so I booted into recovery to wipe the caches and now the tablet will not turn on, it did not even hit recovery it just went black, I have tried everything to get it back on except for waking it up with adb, which will probably more likely have no effect. It was a fun day and a half, I treated that thing just like i do my phone every day. The Polaroid A/S8 must not be built for it. Walgreens will be getting it back tomorrow and I will tell them it just will not turn on unfortunately.

XT912 RaZR SpYdEr CDMA

Comment

Well I successfully flashed your rom but I lost root, I got root/adb back, restored a couple apps, tablet was super laggy at this point so I booted into recovery to wipe the caches and now the tablet will not turn on, it did not even hit recovery it just went black, I have tried everything to get it back on except for waking it up with adb, which will probably more likely have no effect. It was a fun day and a half, I treated that thing just like i do my phone every day. The Polaroid A/S8 must not be built for it. Walgreens will be getting it back tomorrow and I will tell them it just will not turn on unfortunately.

XT912 RaZR SpYdEr CDMA
                        1. Make sure the A8 is turned off.
                        2. Hook the tablet up to the computer.
                        3. Open Phoenix Suit. Browse for guessyet's rooted image.
                        4. Turn the device on by holding the power button and the home button at the same time.
                        5. Phoenix Suit should see the device immediately. Flash the image. I preferred the format flash, mostly because the tablet becomes laggy when emmc is full (sdcard, data; not external_sd)
                        6. It should reboot and load up to setup.

Comment

Oh, thanks!! It is alive and a bit snappier now.

XT912 RaZR SpYdEr CDMA

Comment

easy root from recovery

Originally posted by BlingDiggity View Post
                            Yep, if you want to keep root access, STAY AWAY from that firmware update. Not only does it break ADB ability while in Android, it also breaks the ADB sideload ability in the stock Recovery. The firmware update doesn't really do much else besides fix a couple bugs and install basic GAPPS. It's still the same version of Android. Definitely not worth the hassle IMHO.
                            Hi I rooted both of my s8 & s10 using this really easy method. They have Google play updates. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2146226&page=4

It works perfectly on s8 & s10 using zip file from recovery, just follow instructions like here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2371614. Ty Ron. :-)

Comment

link2sd & folder mount.

Originally posted by guessyet View Post
                              Now that I have the other images up.. i will get one with this included..
                              Hi would link2sd & folder mount get similar results verusing switching SD mounts, since I'm only a semi experienced noon & Dont wanna mess up kids tablet. Ty Ron. :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X