Netflix on the PMID701i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix on the PMID701i

Anyone else have bad netflix issues with the 701i? It freezes for me on video after about 10-15 seconds and then the audio is all skippy. I had netflix working on the 701c pretty decently by installing an older netflix apk, but that apk doesn't seem to work on the IC version. Any ideas?

Originally posted by Fors78 View Post
    Anyone else have bad netflix issues with the 701i? It freezes for me on video after about 10-15 seconds and then the audio is all skippy. I had netflix working on the 701c pretty decently by installing an older netflix apk, but that apk doesn't seem to work on the IC version. Any ideas?
    Yes, I certainly have...

Needless to say there's the Netflix 1.5.2 version that may work for some ppl.

http://www.apktops.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=6156

Comment

Originally posted by Nux View Post
      Yes, I certainly have...

Needless to say there's the Netflix 1.5.2 version that may work for some ppl.

http://www.apktops.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=6156

Tried that version earlier on my 701i and it doesn't seem to work, it will load up and let you log in but when you try to play a video it just goes back to the video choosing screen. That apk works VERY well on the 701c tab though.

Comment

I have returned my first 701i, and gotten another one. I also bought another one but had to return 2 more times on that one, once because of screen brightness and the other wifi issues. But, BOTH of the 701i that I have right now run netflix flawless, no audio sync problems, no video problems at all.

Comment

I tried the 1.5.2 and it installed and ran but the videos run poorly, unwatchable.
          The newest version runs the same, poorly.
          Not everyone has the option to return our tablet and get a new one, so we are trying to find a way to get Netflix to run.
          It should, the RAM is DDR3 it has a OpenGL capable GPU, and it runs Youtube fantastic. I get 10.8 Mbps download on mine.

Comment

I downloaded Netflix from amazon market and it works fine on mine....701i without the TV out port, running stock out of the box rom.
            Polaroid PMID701i 13
            Stock Rom from S.T.'s site
            Fully rooted
            Google's Market installed

Comment

Originally posted by lukenova View Post
              I downloaded Netflix from amazon market and it works fine on mine....701i without the TV out port, running stock out of the box rom.
              A few points. First, from all the posts on all the forums, Netflix working is the exception not the rule. Second, I too had a positive experiance my First time I used netflix on my 701i the very First time I ran the program. Third, this thread is for people who ARE having problems with netflix, over prolonged use and NOT 'right out of the box'.
              Intresting, you did not mention; where did you install/run netflix 'from'? Have you installed other programs since and tried running netfix again?
              It you HAD READ the posts First, you would have seen this is a group of owners that are trying to solve a real probem and not just post/boast and run.
              Through this thread we have discovered; the netflix appeal does not have to have Flash installed, that the program has better success at running if the program is Installed on the internal memory (so that the 'buffer' on sd card is not on same 'drive' as program), that whenit is run FIRST it always runs well, future usage is not as promising, and that people who have the money to buy a new device each time the run netflix have the most success.
              I am hoping that we can find a solution for this problem, as netfix refuses to help as does Amazon and Polaroid, we are on our own.

Comment

Originally posted by EnzoMatrix View Post
                A few points. First, from all the posts on all the forums, Netflix working is the exception not the rule. Second, I too had a positive experiance my First time I used netflix on my 701i the very First time I ran the program. Third, this thread is for people who ARE having problems with netflix, over prolonged use and NOT 'right out of the box'.
                Intresting, you did not mention; where did you install/run netflix 'from'? Have you installed other programs since and tried running netfix again?
                It you HAD READ the posts First, you would have seen this is a group of owners that are trying to solve a real probem and not just post/boast and run.
                Through this thread we have discovered; the netflix appeal does not have to have Flash installed, that the program has better success at running if the program is Installed on the internal memory (so that the 'buffer' on sd card is not on same 'drive' as program), that whenit is run FIRST it always runs well, future usage is not as promising, and that people who have the money to buy a new device each time the run netflix have the most success.
                I am hoping that we can find a solution for this problem, as netfix refuses to help as does Amazon and Polaroid, we are on our own.
                Now now..let's not be too harsh. Those lucky few who have no issues with Netflix can actually help the cause by posting their specifics. We have already learned there is a great deal of variability in these tablets. There is probable differences between g-sensors and the firmware based on whether or not the tablet actually has the TV out option for instance. There are likely more hidden/unknown differences since S.T. seems to just be winging it and throwing whatever configuration they decide to come up with in the box.

I just hope those who post and say Netflix is working have done so after extended testing. Right now the brand new Netflix app appears to work fine on my 701C with the 701C_ICS rom. The audio sync is perfect..the video quality is great...except it freezes after 5-10 minutes of viewing.

My only fear is people will download Netflix, fire it up and declare it works just great after watching for only a few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by EnzoMatrix View Post
                  You definitely have this right! There is absolutely no hope for help from Amazon or Google Play. They only provide the venue for us to get the app..they aren't going to take any responsibility for support of third party products obviously.

Obviously we can forget Polaroid/S.T. looking into it. They refuse to even offer base level firmware support for their end consumer.

The solution will definitely come from someone on this board motivated enough to get it figured out. I'm definitely motivated enough..I just lack the know how to look into it on the technical side

I honestly think this a combination of a firmware/rom issue AND a Netflix issue. Netflix would either never play at all or played with out of sync audio on the 701C with Gingerbread. Right now when running the 701 ICS rom on my 701C netflix syncs video with audio beautifully, and it plays wonderfully as well until it just hard freezes. From what I've seen it does it at pretty much the same point when streaming every time. If you take a look at the reviews in the Market for the Netflix app there are a LOT Of people bitching about the video freezing on different devices.

Comment

I had no problem playing Netflix when I got my tablet. I watched an entire movie with no problems whatsoever. Then the next time I tried to watch a movie, it would stop after about 10 or 15 minutes. I would have to close and reopen Nexflix to make it start again and it would stop again in a few minutes. I uninstalled a bunch of programs to free up some ram thinking that might be causing it. The issue persisted.

I checked it again after I flashed the market fix on this forum which I believe had some sort of Nexflix tweak, but it didn't help.

After reading this thread, I wondered if moving it from my sd card to my tablet would help. It seems that it did help. So far, I have had only minor buffering. Hopefully it will continue to operate properly. I will post back if anything changes.

My Netflix is version 1.7.1. I installed it from the Play Store.

Comment

Originally posted by corki2 View Post
                      I had no problem playing Netflix when I got my tablet. I watched an entire movie with no problems whatsoever. Then the next time I tried to watch a movie, it would stop after about 10 or 15 minutes. I would have to close and reopen Nexflix to make it start again and it would stop again in a few minutes. I uninstalled a bunch of programs to free up some ram thinking that might be causing it. The issue persisted.

I checked it again after I flashed the market fix on this forum which I believe had some sort of Nexflix tweak, but it didn't help.

After reading this thread, I wondered if moving it from my sd card to my tablet would help. It seems that it did help. So far, I have had only minor buffering. Hopefully it will continue to operate properly. I will post back if anything changes.

My Netflix is version 1.7.1. I installed it from the Play Store.
                      I hope it works to! My experience has been that it doesn't matter whether I install Netflix on the SD card, the internal SD card, or the actual "tablet/device" internal memory. No matter what I've had issues with Netflix. This isn't a 701i, but a 701C stock, and then with ICS installed. Hasn't mattered for me on the 701C whether Netflix is on an SD card or internal memory. Do report back and let us know though!

Comment

I wasn't meaning to brag and run or whatever. I know it has helped in past android based communities to post when you have something working so others know it can be done on the hardware.
                        However with this tab, there are at least 3 known hardware diffences and possible software differences, not sure how much good that does here.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
                        Polaroid PMID701i 13
                        Stock Rom from S.T.'s site
                        Fully rooted
                        Google's Market installed

Comment

Originally posted by lukenova View Post
                          I wasn't meaning to brag and run or whatever. I know it has helped in past android based communities to post when you have something working so others know it can be done on the hardware.
                          However with this tab, there are at least 3 known hardware diffences and possible software differences, not sure how much good that does here.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
                          At least if someone has it working there's hope for us all.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

V6 Supercharger might help out also. There are several post on here with scripts for it.

I do also have a script in the workings, but waiting for someone to test it out before I put it out there publicly

Comment

The First run of the app is always good, it is future runs that are problematic. Don't know what "hardware" differences... The thread is for stock 701i, according to the subject title. Software differences? Outline? Flash is irrelevant, it installs but does nothing with the stock browser.
                              The problem lies with the 'buffer' this app creates, and wrongly plays from. It you completely remove all files, uninstall and reinstall it works against for a time. Best bet is the app on internal, then the buffer is created on SD. It is a conflict to have app and buffer on same drive, just like having your OS and page file on same drive, slow and problematic.
                              My estimation is we are dealing with a fragmentation problem, with buffered data. This would explain why the app runs well the First time, but not after.
                              Myself, I am filing a complaint with FTC, and BBB against Polaroid. It was advertised to run netflix.

Comment

Working...
                              X