Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I Easily Move Apps to External Micro SD card on the PMID701C?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorito:

Change

dev mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/xxxxxxx
    dev mount extsd /mnt/extsd auto /devices/xxxxxxx

To

The main thing to note is that first comes the label, then mountpoint, then the actual nand is referenced in the /devices part at the end of the line.

So, singledad just swapped the mountpoint, I swapped both mountpoint and its associated label.

Tom

Sent from my Polaroid PMID701i using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by renegade4dio; 08-25-2012, 07:25. Reason: formatting

Comment

thanks, great stuff

i dont know if i got native move app to sd because of this or because i got on CM9 same time
      Originally posted by renegade4dio View Post
      Motorito:

Change

To

The main thing to note is that first comes the label, then mountpoint, then the actual nand is referenced in the /devices part at the end of the line.

So, singledad just swapped the mountpoint, I swapped both mountpoint and its associated label.

Tom

Comment

hey guys.

why does this method does not work on 4.0.4 original yarvik firmware.
        it was OK on 4.0.3 but not on 4.0.4
        problem?!
        on the mnt/extsd/.. it shows extra folder 179_1 with root explorer inside (which is not really a real folder, as per what you see when connected to PC) it is kind a virtual folder.
        although i did change to

but then ICS shows 0 as sd card storage
        and when I change to

dev mount extsd /mnt/extsd/179_1 auto /devices/xxxxxxx

device does not boot. need to reflash

unfortunately my knowledge ends here. i understand it is not the way to work around, but at least i've tried something.

tell me why i got that virtual folder on 4.0.4 and how to avoid it?

Motorito:

Change

To

Tom

Comment

Re: How Do I Easily Move Apps to External Micro SD card on the PMID701C?

I don't know enough about android to answer why the yarvic you have has a different setup. This PMID701i is the only android device I have, so I can't even hack around and try and figure it out for you. Good luck. You might try posting in the yarvic subforum and see if someone with your tablet model can help you figure it out.

Tom

Comment

Motorito:

Change

To

Tom

Hey everyone, I just wanted to check on this and "bump" this thread, Does/Can anyone speak to a successful/best fix to this problem. It seems SingleDad's solution seems widely accepted, but I was curious about the difference in procedure/benefit of swapping the mountpoint and label. This feels like deep water for me but am willing to try with some guidance. I am a novice at best. I have read this thread but wanted get both a solution and expert (at least better than mine) advice and direction.

Thanks again to this great community.

Comment

guys I need help I'm trying to do what singledad posted but i really can't find the vold.fstab file under system/etc tried to search for that file in the whole root folder but it doesn't appear there

Comment

I recently purchased 2 Polaroid Android 5.1 Lollipop tablets and 2 - 32GB micro sd cards to add storage. I have the same issue as previous members have posted on this thread. I cannot get anything to go onto sd cards. I have tried connecting to the computer and manually moving or copying from internal storage to sd card and I get a message saying Polaroid tablet is busy. I spent over an hour on a chat with Sutherntelecom chat but in the end they told me to ship, at my expense, both tablets back to them and they would send me 2 new tablets. I hesitate to do this since it seems that so many are having the same issue as I am. I did point that out to the support tech but it seems they think we just happened to get t2 tablets that are not working correctly. BTW I tried 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and a 32GB micro sd cards with no luck. I'm open to any suggestions for the Android Lollipop tablet.
                Thanks in advance.

Comment

As for your case, I suggest you use a third party tool. I happen to know Android Transfer - a wonderful data management tool by RecoveryAndroid. You can download one and install on PC. Then connect your phone into PC and run the program. Your phone data will be shown in categories. You can jump to "App" category and select items. Finally you can move apps to SD card on Android with one click safely and conveniently.
                  Last edited by berlinken; 03-04-2016, 01:59.

Comment

berlinken Thank you for your post on Android Transfer.
                    Cheers
                    Kevin

Comment

Working...
                    X