Pipo U6 RileyROM 1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robster View Post
    Hai everyone! I'm new here and I want to introduce myself as a guy from the Netherlands who owns a Pipo U6 tablet. Should be enough first
    I hope that I find an answer here for my just broken Pipo U6. As this tablet with original rom runs with a hell of a lag all the time, I decided to try the 1.1 Riley. This Rom made my tablet a bit smoother but there were still a lot of lags in a lot of applications (espacially browsing). So, I've searched around and I read that the lag has to do a lot with TRIM. But I also read that this can't be solved with RK3188 and Android 4.2.2 At least, I couldn't find a solution. So I found this SDK2.4.0 Rom and tried to install it. I did it by replacing the system.img by the SDK2.4.0.img. I deleted the system.img from the mapfolder and renamed the SDK2.4.0 to system. I thougt that this was the right thing to do because the system.img and the SDK2.4.0.img were almost the same size. Updating went very well, at least the update tool showed me that all had worked out fine, but now my tablet shows me the Pipo boot up screen with the 2 icons in the right bottom corner and doesn't start up. I've tried to connect it to my laptop again but my laptop doesn't see it. I've tried to shut down several times but none of the buttons react.
    Is there anyone who has an idea to solve this problem or do I have to look to another tablet ;-P

Thanks in advance for all the reactions!
    Hello

The SDK2.4.0.img should be flashed by RKBatchtool.exe could be found on Riley's roms "Alternate reboot to flash tool" folder.

If you would like to flash the SDK2.4.0.img with Riley's ROM_Flash_tool first you need to extract it to get a proper system.img with imgRePackerRK. After the extraction you will get a system.img which could be placed in the RileyRom folder.

The U6's manual flash mode could be triggered if you power on the device with volume down pressed the USB should be conencted all the timeSorry for the late response.

Comment

antutu

1.1 everything works fine and antutu shows 20054. So Riley 1.1 is the fastest u6 ROM I have seen on you tube or any reseller web site.

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      Did the same problem happen on the v1.1 or 1.0?

Comment

Antutu results are not a very good indication

My Galaxy Nexus phone gets much lower results, but still runs much smoother than my U6.

Comment

Will there be more ROMS for Pipo Ultra U6 in the future?

Originally posted by Dave-s View Post
          My Galaxy Nexus phone gets much lower results, but still runs much smoother than my U6.
          I total agree!!! My U6 doesn't run smooth since I've got it. Programs hang, typing takes minutes, low reaction on touch...

I regret I've bought this tablet. My daughters having an Ainol Fire and that tablet runs very very good! I should have bought another one for my self...

But, as I still own the U6, I wonder if there will be any development for this tablet. Riley made some Roms but both don't run smooth.

I've searched around the Internet weekly for new roms or other things to upgrade the tablet but can't still find anything.

I've also read that KitKat will come to RK3188 but haven't heard much about it. Can anyone tell me if the Pipo U6 tablet will be upgraded in future?

Comment

Unfortunately, looks like the tablet will have no future support

On paper the tablet has good specs, but the FW makes it unusable.

I contacted PIPO through their FB page, asking if they plan to release a new FW version.
            Anna replied that they have no further plans to update the tablet.
            Too bad they keep on manufacturing new tablets with similar specs, but do not give any kind of support to their "older" models.
            This tablet is a piece of junk, and it is not even 6 months since it was released.

The problem with Riley's ROMs is that he only builds ROMs when the manufacturer releases a new version. He takes the source files, removes all the junk and builds a new ROM. It is based on the official release. He cannot "cook" a new ROM from scratch.
            Last edited by Dave-s; 03-05-2014, 16:22.

Comment

U6

My U6 is fine. Runs games great, types on keyboard fine I am using to write this. As the battery gets low it hangs an bit but all electronic devices do the same. Maybe your battery is not good. My battery is good.

Comment

What does the battery have to do with lagging or hanging?

This doesn't make any sense.

Even after the tablet is straight off the charger it lags.
                The problem is more likely the processor. Chinese manufacturers do not have do any kind of quality control on the components they put in their hardware. Your processor is from a good batch, that can operate at the frequency they are supplying, whereas a bad batch will stutter. I worked for a company that manufactured our product in China, so I know how they work.
                We once got a batch of devices with bad components assembled, and we had to replace them locally.

Comment

Silicon

Could be Dave, even silicon from them same batch can differ greatly. Take an x86 processor that over clocks massively while one from the same batch hardly increases. Try using it offline as a dodgy network connection can consume CPU cycles as background services. Try antutu from play store see if your above 19000. A few runs may be required to get the optimal temperature. Re download Riley 1.1 and re flash ROM in case you have corruption. Reboot using the app in programs, called petrous reboot, some people have trouble until they did. Other than that complain, especially if you can show antutu is lower than usual. When I use my android phone and remember my dual core tablet I am well happy with my U6 and they have a good reputation.

Comment

BTW, Petrus has updated the reboot app. It mainly fixes some problems we were having with KitKat ROMs.
                    Randy
                    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

Comment

ROM

Hi Riley,
                      Do you mean there is a Kitkat ROM out for the U6?
                      I read somewhere on the forum that you do not actually have a U6 tablet, and that you are cooking up these ROMs without the ability to test them.
                      Is this correct?
                      Maybe we can get PIPO to send you a device to fiddle with.

Do you know how PIPO control the CPU clock rate? Maybe they overclock it, or do not adapt the clock rate properly according to the load.
                      I've also noticed that the RAM also gets overloaded, and I need to free RAM all the time.

So, is it safe to use ROM v1.2? I read that people were having camera issues.

Thanks.

Comment

As of now, there is no KitKat for the U6. I don't know why Pipo isn't supporting this device with updates...since it's still pretty new.

I buy tablets to test on from the donations I receive from Freaktab users. Since Christmas, those funds have slowed down quite a bit.

I.think the camera issue is the main problem with this firmware update.

If someone can provide me a dump of what they have...with everything working...I can make a working rooted ROM.
                        Randy
                        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                        Donate here

Comment

U6 updates

So I complained to Anna about the lack of support for their tablets.
                          I told her that they should stop producing new tablets with little or no innovation compared to their older models, and focus more on getting their current tablets to work properly.
                          She replied that I misunderstood, and that they do plan on new releases for the U6, just not in the near future.

Comment

not so fast

Hi, i'm from the Netherlands and just got a U6. It did not performe that well. After Riley's 1.1 (thnx and respect Riley) it runs better but not as smooth as i would like to. GPS also is very bad.

I hope Pipo does what they should do, support their products. Hope they release 4.4 soon.

Comment

Don't hold your breath ...

Comment

User update

I have been working a while now on the Pipo U6 with Riley's 1.1 rom. I must say that i'm getting the feeling back for having a good tablet. The tablet is reponding faster and app's load quick.

Asphalt 8 runs very smooth and wifi is very acceptable.

for the money i paid a good buy on second thoughts

Comment

Working...
                                X