Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PIPO U6 rom with SDK 2.0

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    This ROM is based on a Pipo OTA update dated 12/03/2013. No change log available. These tablets are new enough that there isn't much traffic, but safe to say this might be a very popular device for the 7" crowd.

Thanks to my friend and mentor 900Superport, we've been putting together a new ROM developer's kitchen that is making the process a whole lot faster and implementing some new features as well.

Instructions for flashing are in the First Time User's Guide included in the flash kit.

On first boot, the system automatically installs CWM Recovery after the stock recovery has formatted everything correctly to begin with. So no need to flash CWM yourself.

Also, any apk file you have in a folder named autoinstall on the external sd card will install. Just make sure there are no spaces in the file names of the apk files you add to the folder. This is not intended to restore ALL of your apps. Some apps, like Titanium Backup, do NOT like being installed this way. But if you have any useful utility apps you wish to add at first boot, it will install them. Just watch them populate in the app drawer after first boot. Once they are all there, give it a few more seconds to install CWM Recovery...then you are good to go.

RileyROM Features:

Full Root with SuperSU

Full Debloat (no extra launchers or apps are kept)
    Google Play Store fixes
    English as default language, but all Android languages are supported
    Busybox commands added for init.d support
    Ext4 File system
    2, 4, 6 or 8gb user app space (the default parameter is 4gb)
    Multi-user support
    KO files added for VPN support
    Boot animation by Tattan65
    Flash Tool by Finless
    Reboot app by Petrus
    First Time User's Guide by Pr0xZen

Download

I would love to have one of these tablets to test with, in order to provide continued support. So please consider a donation, and I can order one.

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!

Hello rrileypm,

I've found a ROM for U6 which is created with rockchip SDK 2.0.4 on pipo.cn forums, you might be intrested. All the official roms released by pipo are still with SDK 1.x. ALL the credits goes to 緣軒 the respective creator of ROM.

Mediafire mirror:
    MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

I tried it and it takes a little to boot up but after that it is quite fast (camera also fully working). However I more like your stock look rooms, this is a little bit modified with custom icons.

Original link:

If you could use this as a base of our U6 roms or I could help you to update your roms for U6 I am glad to help you!

Thank you for your Work!
    Last edited by bosstom; 12-23-2013, 14:42.

Comment

Thanks for your work. I have the same problem with the camera and also problems with the unit powering off and having great difficulty restarting, it needs to be connected to the charger to restart.
      I have had to reload the stock ROM to get the unit working correctly. Look forward to trying out future updates.

Comment

Flashing SDK 2.0.4

I have the SDK 2.0.4 and flashed using the RKTool that comes with the Riley Roms. No way to boot the device. Will the boot.img etc that came with Riley Rom 1.1 work with the SDK 2.0.4. Anyway I still flashed to Riley 1.1 no problem afterwards. What other files do I need to load with the SDK 2.0.4. I tried to boot the SDK 2.0.4 straight from an SD card but no go. Please tell me what files I need to load SDK 2.0.4 using finless 1.37. Should I use a different flash tool such as Rockchip 1.7.

Thanks also for the Riley Rom.

Originally posted by bosstom View Post
        Hello rrileypm,

I've found a ROM for U6 which is created with rockchip SDK 2.0.4 on pipo.cn forums, you might be intrested. All the official roms released by pipo are still with SDK 1.x. ALL the credits goes to 緣軒 the respective creator of ROM.

Mediafire mirror:
        MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

I tried it and it takes a little to boot up but after that it is quite fast (camera also fully working). However I more like your stock look rooms, this is a little bit modified with custom icons.

Original link:

If you could use this as a base of our U6 roms or I could help you to update your roms for U6 I am glad to help you!

Thank you for your Work!

Comment

Originally posted by computaquark View Post
          I have the SDK 2.0.4 and flashed using the RKTool that comes with the Riley Roms. No way to boot the device. Will the boot.img etc that came with Riley Rom 1.1 work with the SDK 2.0.4. Anyway I still flashed to Riley 1.1 no problem afterwards. What other files do I need to load with the SDK 2.0.4. I tried to boot the SDK 2.0.4 straight from an SD card but no go. Please tell me what files I need to load SDK 2.0.4 using finless 1.37. Should I use a different flash tool such as Rockchip 1.7.

Thanks also for the Riley Rom.
          Hello

I've used the flash tool came with Riley's roms. Just extract the a zip file and browse the file in the Riley flash tool. First boot a takes a little longer but is working fine for me!

Comment

You have everything you need inside the ROM zip file to flash. Just read the First Time User's Guide as a reference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
            Randy
            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

sdk

Right. Just to clarify I should navigate to SDK instead of Riley kernel and uncheck all other options. Last time I did the above the device did not start or even start to boot. Anyway this Riley 1.1 has been fast and stable. Thanks.

Originally posted by bosstom View Post
              Hello

I've used the flash tool came with Riley's roms. Just extract the a zip file and browse the file in the Riley flash tool. First boot a takes a little longer but is working fine for me!

Comment

Stuck...

Originally posted by computaquark View Post
                Right. Just to clarify I should navigate to SDK instead of Riley kernel and uncheck all other options. Last time I did the above the device did not start or even start to boot. Anyway this Riley 1.1 has been fast and stable. Thanks.
                Hai everyone! I'm new here and I want to introduce myself as a guy from the Netherlands who owns a Pipo U6 tablet. Should be enough first
                I hope that I find an answer here for my just broken Pipo U6. As this tablet with original rom runs with a hell of a lag all the time, I decided to try the 1.1 Riley. This Rom made my tablet a bit smoother but there were still a lot of lags in a lot of applications (espacially browsing). So, I've searched around and I read that the lag has to do a lot with TRIM. But I also read that this can't be solved with RK3188 and Android 4.2.2 At least, I couldn't find a solution. So I found this SDK2.4.0 Rom and tried to install it. I did it by replacing the system.img by the SDK2.4.0.img. I deleted the system.img from the mapfolder and renamed the SDK2.4.0 to system. I thougt that this was the right thing to do because the system.img and the SDK2.4.0.img were almost the same size. Updating went very well, at least the update tool showed me that all had worked out fine, but now my tablet shows me the Pipo boot up screen with the 2 icons in the right bottom corner and doesn't start up. I've tried to connect it to my laptop again but my laptop doesn't see it. I've tried to shut down several times but none of the buttons react.
                Is there anyone who has an idea to solve this problem or do I have to look to another tablet ;-P

Thanks in advance for all the reactions!

Comment

Just try flashing the stock ROM or go back to my 1.1.

Get into flash mode by pressing ESC and power.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Just try flashing the stock ROM or go back to my 1.1.

Get into flash mode by pressing ESC and power.
                    Hey Randy,
                    Thanks for your quick response. I thought that Riley 1.1 only could be flashed with the tool. I've tried through CWM to flash the system.img file which I had compressed to zip but this didn't function.
                    What button do you mean with Escape? Imo there isn't an escape button on the U6.
                    I've also tried with a needle to push the tiny resetbutton and then the screen shuts off but when I start it up again it still freezes on the boot screen.
                    Can I flash the original ROM with CWM?
                    Thanks for your help!

Comment

No, the parameters are different.

Somehow, there's a way to get into flash mode manually...are there volume key's?

Hold vol+ and power...or vol- and power and see if that works.

Usually there is either volume keys, or esc/power keys.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

When you mean in Flashmode that the green Android puppet shows up with his belly open and then a screen where I can choose install zip from external SD and so on, yes... I can reach that stage by holding the volume button and the power button. But when I trie to flash your rom it tries to install it and at the end it shows that it is aborted. I have to say that I only tried to install the system.img from your files to flash. Should I put all files from your rom in a zip and trie it again?
                        I guess that I can only install it from the installtool but because my tablet does stuck at bootscreen, I can't connect it to my laptop.
                        I'vel et the tablet run out of battery tonight and this morning I tried to start up again but it still doesn't... I'm afraid that it's realy broken.

Comment

When you flash one of our ROMs you must flash all of the files included in the ROM kit. Only a portion of the customization happens within system.img.

You must also erase idb to clear out the previous partitions in order to make space for the changed partition sizes in the custom firmware.

Try flashing the whole ROM and see if you get better results. I think I outlined all of this clearly in the First Time User's Guide.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

I think I outlined all of this clearly in the First Time User's Guide.
                            Yes, the First Time User's Guide is very clear!!! But this works ONLY when your laptop does "see" your tablet... When I start the tool there is a line in the bottom that sows that there is NO Android device connected, while my tablet is continious on boot screen. So, the problem I put here is in my opinion also very clear...

But... I've solved the problem myself... First I downloaded an (almost standard) Rom in zipformat and tried to install it from CWM mode with line "Install Zip from external SD". This didn't work. So I extracted the zip file (there was only one image file in it) and I put this image directly on my external SD. I set the tablet again in CWM-mode and this time I tried to "Install RKimage from external SD card". And this did work out.

Thanks for your help and time to trie to solve this for me, Randy! And keep up the good work!

Comment

I'm glad you got it going.

Pipo hasn't updated their site to include specific U6 info...but I made thread with ways to get your tablet into flash mode manually. http://www.FreakTab.com/showthread.php?t=6722
                              Pipo Instructions for Manual Flash Mode

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Camera problem

Is the camera problem I read about in the first few replies solved?

Can anyone tell me if this ROM is faster and smoother than the official ROM?

I wonder why I don't see more people buying and releasing ROMs for this device.

Comment

Working...
                                X