No announcement yet.

New screen for 701i :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are a couple pics I took. Yeah I figured out it was glued, I tried taking a small screwdriver and taking them apart it was just breaking the glass more. Didn't think if the hair dryer idea.
    Attached Files

Comment

I am going to bet you have the one that is reversed from the others

It looks like you have a different one from my PMID. The screen's number is almost idential, but mine ends in AV1, the digitizer ribbon is completely different. I cant read your numbers in the picture but mine is 300-N3377B-A00 (trails under a sticker). I am gonna bet that is the change that makes it a V1 or V5. Would you mind snapping a couple shots of the motherboard? On mine it has a part number of N507H6.707H6 V1.4 with a sticker saying N707H6 V1.4

Comment

I sure will, can't get to it right now but I will tomorrow. Wife home from work in a few.

Comment

BTW I took my originial picture and blowed it up. What I can read on the digitizer ribbon is;

HOTATOUCH - DRFPC005T

Comment

hotatouch is the company

i was able to figure that out quickly. i cant find the model number yet. though i am stuck on the phone at the moment so research is rough. i would tend to guess that it can be found for about the same price as the other one, they might even ask about it if you contacted the company.

Comment

Polaroid PMID701i LCD = Onda VX610A VX610W VI10 LCD

Originally posted by Fors78 View Post
              Does anyone have any idea at all if it is possible to replace the screen/digitizer in the 701 models? My nephew dropped his and it cracked now touch wont work......
              After trying to figure out where to get an FPC3-WVN70001AV2 LCD for my sister-in-law's Polaroid PMID701i, I figured out that Polaroid was actually using the same OEM as an overseas version called ONDA : Specifically the deluxe models VX610A, VX610W and VI10. There are several touch screen replacements on **** here in the US for under $20 and LCD screen replacements range between $30-$75.

Comment

Working...
              X