Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ugoos UT1 kernel that supports 1080p/24hz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wasser View Post
    please try this new kernel again and let me know if wifi/ethernet works

thanks
    Hi wasser,
    Is that kernel overclocked? I have a weird box (K-R42 allegedly, but won't boot those ROMs!) that I've been trying to get working. I found that I could boot it with the minix x7 roms with a UT1 kernel stable (I have no bluetooth, but am assuming everything else must be the same!), but with this one, it crashes on boot most of the time (but if I get to the boot animation, it continues stable). I was wondering, if this kernel is overclocked, would you be able to do another version running at stock speeds?

Thanks,
    Matt

Comment

ive installed and tested the 2nd kernel this weekend. surround sound and ethernet is ok. unfortunately playing hd-movies (from a synology nas with es file explorer and archos or mx-player) is a no-go. alot of framedrops and movies randomly stop playing after 15-20 minutes.... im afraid ill have to go back to the overclocked kernels without 24p support.... hows performance (with hd movies) for you joker?

Comment

Originally posted by stefjnl View Post
        ive installed and tested the 2nd kernel this weekend. surround sound and ethernet is ok. unfortunately playing hd-movies (from a synology nas with es file explorer and archos or mx-player) is a no-go. alot of framedrops and movies randomly stop playing after 15-20 minutes.... im afraid ill have to go back to the overclocked kernels without 24p support.... hows performance (with hd movies) for you joker?
        Its playing quite good actually, i play my hd movies from an external hdd and it plays 1080p without framedrops or stutterings. I use the xbmc with mx player combo.

Only problem is 3D movies, somehow the output resolution is off, when i play a 3D movie and press the 3D button on my tv the 2 pictures overlay is way off which results in ghosting. Somehow i cant compensate for that on my tv. I now stream them from my UT1 to my tv using ehomemediacenter and that seems to work okay. But i've only tested about 20 minutes of 3D film though.

Comment

interesting, what xbmc version are you using? im streaming my content from a Synology NAS (wired), but i doubt that could be the cause of the framedrops?

i havent even tried 3D movies yet since theyre generally even heavier than normal movies..

Comment

I use the XAF custom build for neon devices (xbmc 12.1 with mx player)

And 3D uses the same resolution as full hd movies (half-sbs and half-ou) brings no more load than a normal 1080p movie.

Comment

Working...
            X