X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minix Neo X7-mini Quickshot Rom by The Nitro Team

THe NiTRo TeaM presents

* QuickShoT *

The Nitro TeaM (T.N.T) formed: Litry, Tincore, leolas, Skelton, and Daemonium. We are some spanish people who join to make some customs and have fun with it

With our first rom as T.N.T we have proposed to develop a rom fast and stable, clean, aesthetically cared without too many frills and best functionality and easily as possible. Time is short and we had to work very fast and very hard so consequently we have baptized it as: QuickShoT. This rom is a port of our Quickshot rom for the Neo X7. X7 mini has some diferences in hardware, so it has a different kernel too, some differences in some BT files, etc...
    We have not this device, But some friend of AndroidPC tested it for us and reports that it works great
    We hope you enjoy it as much as we have done creating it.

Changelog:

-Debloated, if you miss some apps from Minix stock tell us.
    -rooted with the latest updated SuperSu.
    -Updated busybox and flash_image binary so you can flash some partitions from terminal emulator.
    -All Google applications updated to their latest version.
    -Added support adb init.d.
    -Launcher MOD, transparency and customization of launchers and wallpapers,.
    -Pre-installed apps EsFileExplorer, Chrome, Tincore Keymapper, Quickflasher, Reboot, xbmc, mod, adaway, terminal emulator. All applications are installed as user, so If any of them not like, you can uninstall them without problems.
    -added support for some input devices like F10 and RiiMini i8.
    -translation of settings to Spanish (some missing parts).
    -replaced the cursor in framework.
    -xbmc-Mod to include the addon xbmcbackup and customization of image of home. This was made before minix launch his own xbmc app, we are testing the minix xbmc Beta actually. So maybe this app will be updated soon. While we do that you can use the minix xbmc in this rom without problems. Uninstall our XBMC and install the minix one.
    -CWM recovery installed automatically after the first start. Now you can perform backups of your Rom, install new updates from the recovery without PC or restore previous backups.
    -Included Quickflasher from Tincore to flash kernels as simple to a few clicks.
    -Some other tweaks applied.

INSTALLATION.

Flash from windows XP, windows 7 or windows 8, that is the simple way, if you use linux, MACOS or windows 8.1 the thing is more complicated. It can be done, but it is a pain in the...
    This process will erase everything that we have installed in our Minix Neo X 7, so that make backup everything that you want to retain before installing the ROM.
    Download and unzip the rom.
    Connect the pc usb to microusb beside the sdcard card, press the reset button that is located next to the HDMI connector with a clip and press the power button, the pc detects new hardware connected.
    Open RKAndroidTool.exe and click ERASE IDB, when the process of NAND erase is complete, click Run and this flashed the new ROM, after which the Stick will restart automatically. Initially entering the stock recovery and formatted some internal partitions. Then it will restart again and begin the startup of the new ROM.

POST-INSTALLATION CONFIGURATION.

Just after the ROM finish his installation, appears an installation wizard:
    -select our language, by default is in Spanish. But english is the next one in the list.
    -configure your wifi network if you use it.
    -configure your GMAIL and PLAY STORE account.
    -once the setup-process is completes, click the HOME button. You're ready to enjoy the ROM. While you've done this setup_wizard process, CWM recovery is installed in your recovery partition and some additional applications are installed as well, all of them like user, so if any are not interesting to you, they can be uninstalled from settings without any problem.

CONFIGURATION RECOMENDATIONS:

-Go to settings, in WiFi section, if you use wifi, we recommend that you press the 3 dots points that appear in the top right of the screen, select Advanced settings and desactivate WIFI optimization, our Android uses no battery and it is better to have wifi to 100% always
    -If we don't use BT, disable it, if we use it, from there we can setup and configure our Bluetooth devices.
    -Please do the same with Ethernet, if not to use it disable it.
    -If we do not use a 3G Dongle, like most dont, we recommend to disable in more/mobile networks/ enable data and data roaming, puth both to disable.
    -If we dont want the system bar appears. We're going to display, and select autohide system tray.
    -In the screen section, you can set multiple values, in scaled screen we must adjust the bar to match the edges of our android system with our TV or monitor.
    -if we want an icon for screenshot in our system tray we we can activate it in settings/screenshotsettings.
    -in the applications section, we have all that come installed with the rom, if any are not interested you can remove them, we have included the apps we consider essential, but are all as user applications, so if them bother you, you can remove them without problems.
    -in the Security section, if you want to install applications from other sources non Google Play Store. We have to mark unknown sources.
    -In language and text input, we have a couple of options that we recommend, Tincore Keymapper, to configure your input devices: pads, josticks, airmouse, keyboards, etc... and NULL INPUT METHOD, an application so that if you use external keyboard avoid us that annoying Google keyboard is displayed. By default, I advise you to install any of these two.
    -development options, we recommend that you activate active display, this makes that the HDMI output not turn off when we take a while without using the device, remain on the device without entering the mode of suspension.
    -also in development options, there are a few options who decrease the duration and transitions of the animations used the system, we see the Minix X 7 enough fluid to move by Android, but if anyone wants more smooth feeling of we recommed you to put 0, 5 x -scale animation of window; (transicion-animacion scale and scale length animation.
    -in the Tv Box information can disable the system updates the AUTO - UPDATE CHECK, is a species of OTA updater rockchip which is not working and not worth us for anything

SOME VERY USEFULL APLICATIONS INCLUDED:

This Rom includes a special app designed so anyone can Flash a kernel easily with a few clicks, this app is called QuickFlasher (a great job of Tincore, who has worked hard in the Team to provide it to us) and provides by default three kernels:
    1) Kernel Stock.
    2) Kernel with Ram overclocked to 720.
    3) Kernel with Ram overclocked to 667.
    This Rom comes with the stock kernel by default but we strongly recommend you to try the kernel with the ram OC to 720, the user experience totally changes, in fact this kernel is that the team uses by default in their own tvbox.
    Flash the kernel is as simple as opening the QuickFlasher and click on the kernel you want to Flash from the list, when it finish , reboot and ready. isnt easy?, .
    If you want to Flash other kernels, then you only have to put those kernels in a folder called quickflasher on the sdcard, internal or external, even in a usb-pen make it easier is impossible, isnt? Change your kernel will not be a task reserved for avetage users.

Other application from our teammember Tincore, is a keymapper, used to configure all kinds of input devices: USB remotes, keyboards, mouse, airmouses, simulates touchs with our mouse/airmouse clicks. It is a great complement to any Stick or TV Box, in our opinion is a program that simply must be in these devices. If you want to use Tincore you have a WIKI about how to use it where it is explained properly how to use.
    WIKI: https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...3TJ1-jmmZJbFOw
    Help forum: https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...XLy0t6IOH2xRhA

We also incorporate Reboot.apk, another app made by Petrus at http://www.freaktab.com, an application that allow us different reboot mode and shutdown. Tired of using the clip to press the hidden reset button in order to enter recovery or Bootloader? With this app you can do it in a couple of clicks from android.

Our rom also installs cwm recovery in the box after the first start, as you can see, the stock recovery is very limited and doesn't allow us to do virtually nothing useful, with cwm recovery you will be able to make backup of your rom and restore it, update roms without pc and updates too, if you're tired of having to configure the full rom whenever we install it from scratch (either by a fail by touching something, one thing that worked before and now there is no way, etc...) Once installed the rom, fully configured, with the programs that we use, then make a backup from cwm and if something fails, in 5 minutes you can restore it from cwm recovery. We will also try to use cwm to add the updates in the rom. Forget about to have to connect to PC and install the updates from the X7.

This rom also includes ADAway, it updates our host file and block some advertising and banners.

We have included a version of xbmc that already included xbmcbackup so that you can restore your previous backup.

We also advise that you see and try the new wallpapers added to the stock launcher, a great work of Litry.

DOWNLOAD:

Alternative Link

Thanks to:

-To MSX2 and Z81, administrators from AndroidPC.es.
    -To developers here in freaktabcom.
    -To Minix for its Colaboration.
    -fun for the cwm recovery binary. (http://www.androtab.info)
    -Petrus (http://www.freaktab.com) for its implementation of reboot.
    -Phjanderson for his rkpatchomatic tool.

The Nitro Team.
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Is this a new version or ....?

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7-mini Quickshot Rom by The Nitro Team

Originally posted by bruutone View Post
      Is this a new version or ....?
      For x7-mini the other one was for Neo X7

leolas.
      My devices:
      Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
        For x7-mini the other one was for Neo X7

leolas.
        Omg, totally missed it. srry... At least it stands out more now

Comment

THe NiTRo TeaM presents

* QuickShoT *

DOWNLOAD:

Alternative Link

Thanks to:

-To MSX2 and Z81, administrators from AndroidPC.es.
          -To developers here in freaktabcom.
          -To Minix for its Colaboration.
          -fun for the cwm recovery binary. (http://www.androtab.info)
          -Petrus (http://www.freaktab.com) for its implementation of reboot.
          -Phjanderson for his rkpatchomatic tool.

The Nitro Team.
          I Installed this ROM over the X7 version that I installed yesterday.
          Only issue I found (or felt as an issue) was that I had a few reboots within an hour of installing.
          This was there before with the stock 007 ROM and less on the 008 ROM.
          This could be attributed to the Tronsmart TSM01 Airmouse (too much of a use in a short period causes this, I think).

But I can assure you that the X7 version of QuickShot was sooo stable that It did not reboot even once in my 4-5 hours of use ! That too on the X7 Mini

Comment

Please can someone with the X7-mini and this rom enter in trrminal emulator and write:

su
            dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt

Then in the root of your sdcard you will have a file dmesg.txt, please send me this file.

Thanks

leolas.
            My devices:
            Gearbest.com)

Comment

Please can someone with the X7-mini and this rom enter in trrminal emulator and write:

su
              dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt

Then in the root of your sdcard you will have a file dmesg.txt, please send me this file.

Thanks

leolas.
              when i get home tonight i will try it ok

Comment

Originally posted by cvanputten View Post
                when i get home tonight i will try it ok
                Thanks a lot

leolas
                My devices:
                Gearbest.com)

Comment

Thanks a lot

leolas

here it is mate

dmesg.txt

Comment

Originally posted by cvanputten View Post
                    here it is mate

[ATTACH]4383[/ATTACH]
                    Thanks a lot

leolas.
                    My devices:
                    Gearbest.com)

Comment

Hi,

I installed this wonderful ROM 3 days ago and enjoying it. The OC Kernels make it even better !!

One issue I am facing since the beginning (since the 'stock ROM' times) is that the system freezes for 2 seconds and reboots. What I have observed is that this happens when I use the Airmouse (Tronsmart TSM01) for a while. It seems that the prolonged use of it causes some problems to the system, don't know whether it is over-consumption of resourses or something else.

Anyone has the same experience with the same Airmouse or even with others?

Anyone has any suggestions/solutions to resolve this issue which will make this device perfect for prolonged use.

@the Nitro Team: Any ideas? any fixes in future?

Comment

Originally posted by drjf View Post
                        Hi,

I installed this wonderful ROM 3 days ago and enjoying it. The OC Kernels make it even better !!

One issue I am facing since the beginning (since the 'stock ROM' times) is that the system freezes for 2 seconds and reboots. What I have observed is that this happens when I use the Airmouse (Tronsmart TSM01) for a while. It seems that the prolonged use of it causes some problems to the system, don't know whether it is over-consumption of resourses or something else.

Anyone has the same experience with the same Airmouse or even with others?

Anyone has any suggestions/solutions to resolve this issue which will make this device perfect for prolonged use.

@the Nitro Team: Any ideas? any fixes in future?
                        We are looking into it, we have some reports on this.
                        There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

We have those reboot issues reports in stock 007 firmwares and in all derivates, our rom, Bob Finless rom, but any of our team members have this concrete remote

leolas.
                          My devices:
                          Gearbest.com)

Comment

Stock remote

Im unable to switch to english with the stock remote. XBMC works great.

Comment

I tried to install Kernel with Ram overclocked to 720 using QuickFlasher. Install goes ok, but after reboot the device just goes to boot loop. I re-flashed the whole rom and then tried kernel with RAM oc 667 and it works ok. Anyone with X7 mini tried RAM oc 720 successfully?

Comment

Working...
                              X