ICS for Arnova possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ICS for Arnova possible

So it seems Arnova has got a new model out called the G3.

Looking at the hardware and specs it's the same as the G2 from what I can tell BUT it has ICS on it.

If in fact the G3 is the same but just ICS, then when I get my hands on a G3 ROM I will see if I can make an ICS ROM for us G2 owners.

Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! arnovatech.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf arnovatech.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    So it seems Arnova has got a new model out called the G3.

Looking at the hardware and specs it's the same as the G2 from what I can tell BUT it has ICS on it.

If in fact the G3 is the same but just ICS, then when I get my hands on a G3 ROM I will see if I can make an ICS ROM for us G2 owners.

Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! arnovatech.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf arnovatech.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Bob
    I think the difference Bob is these new models have 1GB of ram which is from I have read is the minimum spec for Ics in terms of ram

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
    <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
    <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
    </form>

Comment

Strip out the crap and it may still work on 512. The point is the kernel will now have the drivers needed for hardware. I am sure performance may not be as great but at least we may be able to have it for those that really want it. Oh and if I speed it up like my other ROMs it may just get by

Bob

Comment

Strip out the crap and it may still work on 512. The point is the kernel will now have the drivers needed for hardware. I am sure performance may not be as great but at least we may be able to have it for those that really want it. Oh and if I speed it up like my other ROMs it may just get by

Bob
        Exciting times. I am sure you will crack it Bob. You gonna have a go

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

<input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
        </form>

Comment

I just have to wait for someone to dump a ROM. Preferably the 10b G3 version but either may do.

Bob

Comment

I just have to wait for someone to dump a ROM. Preferably the 10b G3 version but either may do.

Bob
            I don't think you will have to wait long, Arnova will probably have a Rom on their site soon. Ics has just had an update to v4.04 so the development of Ics is not over by a long shot, forget Android Jellybean

</form>

Comment

My partners phone is running ics on it lol... nice to run bit slow but works fine... her phones an i5500 from samsung....Had flashed ics on to my i5700 but not all hardware worked but loved playing with it...shame reflashed but wanted all hardware running... Look at phone specs and our 512meg ram is huge compared to phones......

Also in 8 g2 forum on arctablets theres a partial working ics rom there to play with....

Comment

My phone is a Sony xperia 512mb and is due to be upgraded to ics. But got sent co email warning that although it would run ics it may be slower. And it was down to the hardware acceleration in ics etc. They even go as far as to say if you upgrade to and don't like it free of charge they will return it back to Gingerbread at any service centre

</form>

Comment

I guess what I'm saying is it should run fine as runs fins on two device with far lower specs than the arnova g2s and runs albiet a bit slow on those phones with only 128megs + of ram....
                  #
                  Either way there are more and more aging phones etc now getting ics on them and most don't come nearly half way to g2 specs, so ics on g2s ! BRING IT ON!

Comment

ICS on G2

ICS on G2 would be super. Android got me confused with respect to rom and ram. My understanding is Android calls the chip where /data is stored ROM and/or memory while the Nand is Ram. But aren't they both seperate ram chips as opposed to a rom and a ram chip? I need to understand this storage naming to
                    understand the minimum requirement for ICS. Can anyone elaborate?

Comment

RAM is not NAND or ROM. There are 3 memories in the Arnonva

RAM is 512mb. This is where parts of the OS (kernel, etc) and apps RUN in. This is the fastest memory on the device.
                      NAND is like a hard disk. It is slower memory than RAM. This is where apps, the OS, etc are stored. Apps get installed in NAND (like on your hard disk) but when run, they run in RAM "generally". Again think of it like a PC hard disk.
                      FLASH memory or EEProm. This is the flash ROM. This is where the ROM gets flashed to. At boot time stuff is copied from FLASH into both NAND and RAM. Almost think of this like your BIOS chip (EEProm) on a PC.

Make sense?

Bob

Comment

Rom &amp; ram

Hi Finless:

Makes a lot of sense. You cleared that up very nicely. I bet a lot of androiders appreciate your clearing this up succinctly. Thanx very much.

Oh! BTW- So when you reallocated the app storage area from 256mb to 1gig with your rom did you reallocate nand memory?
                        Last edited by chessir; 05-01-2012, 04:47. Reason: added sentence

Comment

take a look at this

def pos on are g2s... and like have already said will run on a Samsung I5700 and is running one a Samsung I5500 and just flashed on a Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro and they are far less capable than the g2s due to gpu/cpu and ram!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chessir View Post
                            Hi Finless:

Makes a lot of sense. You cleared that up very nicely. I bet a lot of androiders appreciate your clearing this up succinctly. Thanx very much.

Oh! BTW- So when you reallocated the app storage area from 256mb to 1gig with your rom did you reallocate nand memory?
                            Yes so when it says it has 4GB of memory that is NAND. Stock ROM 256mb of that NAND was allocated to application install /data to be precise. What I did is I took more from the 4GB and allocated 1gig to /data. So you lost some "storage" space (fake sdcard area) to get more app install space.

So the 4GB NAND is partitioned just like a hard disk.
                            /system
                            /data
                            /cache
                            /sdcard (internal)
                            etc....

I basically repartitioned NAND. I added space to /system for rooted apps to use and added space to /data. This took away space from /sdcard (internal).

Bob

Comment

any joy getting hold of rom ?

Strip out the crap and it may still work on 512. The point is the kernel will now have the drivers needed for hardware. I am sure performance may not be as great but at least we may be able to have it for those that really want it. Oh and if I speed it up like my other ROMs it may just get by .

Bob
                              Bob, have you managed to get a copy of ics rom as yet? I would be very interesed in testing on my 9 g2. Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X