No announcement yet.

Big Emergancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, ive flashed my own device a few times, and had no issues at all, this time i connected my friends g2 in the same way, it was found in the flashing tool, i followed all the usual instructions, erased the idb first, then run the new rom, all the checks in the flash tool went fine, it said done - no errors or anything, and that was it - no action at all.

looks like its going to need to be returned as faulty on switching it on the first time. for all intents its dead, so i imagine a busy storeperson may try to switch it on, see theres no life and exchange it no problems. just a pity is all, shame i cant get to the bottom of it!

Comment

how would i make sure im out of a boot loop damo?

Comment

Only like I said earlier keep holding the power off, but sounds like your nand flash has had it.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
        Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
        <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
        <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
        <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
        https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
        </form>

Comment

thanks for ure help guys, much appreciated, itll be a shop return and a replacement tomorrow :-) thanks again!

Comment

The same thing has happened to me on my Desktop PC at home each time I've tried to flash the ROM's. It's a brand new Acer with 64 bit Windows 7. I never have been able to get the drivers to load properly. After an hour or so the first time I tried burning Finless's ROM, I decided to see if the thing would connect to my Laptop. I followed the directions, and it has worked the first time, every time. It's is running 32 bit Windows 7...which is the only difference.

I thought I bricked my 10 G2 right out of the box, only to discover it was something with the PC I was using.

I would suggest trying a different PC, before returning the tablet...because a new one will likely do the same thing.
            Randy
            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              The same thing has happened to me on my Desktop PC at home each time I've tried to flash the ROM's. It's a brand new Acer with 64 bit Windows 7. I never have been able to get the drivers to load properly. After an hour or so the first time I tried burning Finless's ROM, I decided to see if the thing would connect to my Laptop. I followed the directions, and it has worked the first time, every time. It's is running 32 bit Windows 7...which is the only difference.

I thought I bricked my 10 G2 right out of the box, only to discover it was something with the PC I was using.

I would suggest trying a different PC, before returning the tablet...because a new one will likely do the same thing.
              64bit windows is very hit and miss with the Rockchip tool , some people have no problems but more people do

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
              Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
              <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
              <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
              <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
              https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
              </form>

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post

hi rrileypm i got the same thing ( green light of death ) and tried for about a week re flashing could not get it to to work , returned and had to get a refund i was using Xp 32bit and asked bob the question would this make a difference but got no reply . i still have another 10 g2 but am reluctant to flash this one in case it dies too, the only other Pc i have is windows 7 64 bit. how confidant are you this should work on a scale of 1-10....?

Comment

I did mine on win 7 64bit had no problem...did 1.4 and 1.5 Roms

Sent from my AN10G2 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

i tried a different pc which had never had the drivers installed, and no matter what i did as soon as i let go of the reset button it would dissapear from device manager- no time to install the drivers. ill admit its shaken my confidence a bit when it comes to flashing - im 100% sure i did everything right, and did the same things i had done previously to flash my own tab. the only diff between the tabs was mine is the 8gb and my friends was the 4gb. As great as Bobs roms are, and as great as the support is, i dont think ill be flashing my own tab again- i was comforted from hearing these tabs cant be bricked, but if the tab yesterday wasnt bricked - it was close enough to be unrecoverable and useless. im sure with a greater skill level than mine perhaps it could have been recovered. im no pc newbie, i know my way around very well, but as my own tab is now a few months old - im not going to risk rendering it unusable, just not worth it for me

Comment

Well it's a chance you just had a EEProm flash failure and this is a hardware failure and nothing you can do about it. Per my other post (not sure why you started 2 threads on this topic), read what I just said there.

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...