Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got it to work

Originally posted by SingleDad View Post
    Polaroid doesn't really explain much on their support site. To MY knowledge the only "Update" is the one that will give 701C owners Android 4.0/ICS if they want it.The others are just stock firmware in case you need to get back into your tablet when you are locked out etc.

I'm not 100% on that because one of the reasons they gave when they were holding off releasing the firmware was because they wanted to be sure everyone got the latest and greatest

Of course the only way to know for sure is just to try one out and blindly hope and pray it resolves the issue you're having. Or you could contact s.t. and ask if there were any updates rolled into the firmware.
    I was able to load the firmware from the link you provided and all is well now. The errors on re-boot have gone away and I re-installed Google Play, Flash, etc. Everything seems to be working as desired and the gremlins are gone. Thanks for all of your support!

Comment

I posted this in another thread, but for those having the issues of 0% memory for App installs, this will fix it. At least it fixed mine.
      Jim
      ---
      Ainol Novo 7 Elf II Dual Core
      Milestone (Droid) - Chevy SS GB ROM
      Milestone X - Rooted Stock GB ROM

Comment

Finaly?!?! I didn't do this last try so scientificaly so I don't know what was and was not necessary but I disabled my printer drivers in USBview.. (its over the wifi to the router) but I also held down that second button from the bottom as I kept reinstalling that blasted driver .. windowz would prompt for a new device, install driver.. install the driver.. disconnect, reconnect and find the new hardware again.. (rinse and repeat) then live suite started loading the software.. I will let it charge and see if I am going back for a replacement or second one..

Comment

For everyone on the 701i, this IS just Android 4.0.3., which we already have no changes, no improvements just in case we need to install the OS over.. for whatever reason.

Comment

Links Dead

Has anyone noticed that all the files at http://www.southerntelecom.com/polar...ware/pmid701i/
            are actually 0k?

this might be new today, might be fixed before you read this... can we make up some mirrors? I'll host one, soon... when I get the files

Comment

Well, I've downloaded the zipped folder and there's nothing in it! Nothing in any of them!

What's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by yebyen View Post
                Has anyone noticed that all the files at http://www.southerntelecom.com/polar...ware/pmid701i/
                are actually 0k?

this might be new today, might be fixed before you read this... can we make up some mirrors? I'll host one, soon... when I get the files
                They are back now.
                Jim
                ---
                Ainol Novo 7 Elf II Dual Core
                Milestone (Droid) - Chevy SS GB ROM
                Milestone X - Rooted Stock GB ROM

Comment

Working...
                X