Pipo S1 Pro RileyROM 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pipo S1 Pro RileyROM 1.1

That's my experience, too. In the first days, i had no problem, but as more apps were added, the system was getting slower & slower. These days i am trying to optimize the situation with 'greenify' app.

Comment

I flashed new rom. better and much faster. And much better battery time but do not want to write about it here on Riley's topic

Comment

Re: Pipo S1 Pro RileyROM 1.1

Originally posted by chillout23 View Post
        I flashed new rom. better and much faster. And much better battery time but do not want to write about it here on Riley's topic
        Could u please send me more info on a pm or email?
        [email protected]

Comment

It's OK to post a link to the ROM. It won't hurt my feelings....it's all about making the tablet better.
          Randy
          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Ok then Riley I am glad to hear that

So...here is ROM I flashed: http://www.rockchipfirmware.com/node/246

Comment

Originally posted by chillout23 View Post
              Ok then Riley I am glad to hear that

So...here is ROM I flashed: http://www.rockchipfirmware.com/node/246
              Hi chillout23, thanks for your response. Unfortunately I have already tried roman's ROM, too. After a few days of use, lags and stalls were observed on that ROM, too. Roman's ROM has not CWM recovery. In addition, be aware that your device is now traced as i9300 (galaxy S3) and not as "PiPO s1 pro".
              We will be glad to give it a try and expose your opinion comparing it.

Comment

Ok...thanks for info
                If there will be problems with this ROM, I will try Kasty's ROM then: http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...ware-20131213/
                Kasty got option to CWM install: http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...k3188-devices/

Hm...if problem exist after few days of usage with current ROM then is HW problem I think :/

I will ask my daughter in few days if she is satisfied or it's the same as before and will take a look about it and will post here

Comment

Please understand the nature of custom ROMs.

The common thing among all of these ROMs is that they are all based on the same stock firmware. The problem does not arise from anything I or the other developers have done.

Aside from rooting, debloating and adding some other custom features...it is basically the same as the stock firmware.

Much of what you are describing happens in the kernel...which we don't have the source code to recreate.

The only solution would have to come from a factory firmware update.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                    Please understand the nature of custom ROMs.

The common thing among all of these ROMs is that they are all based on the same stock firmware. The problem does not arise from anything I or the other developers have done.

Aside from rooting, debloating and adding some other custom features...it is basically the same as the stock firmware.

Much of what you are describing happens in the kernel...which we don't have the source code to recreate.

The only solution would have to come from a factory firmware update.
                    Thus, as I understand, the best thing for making things better, is to take the advantage of light & rooted custom ROMs and use in parallel some tools that will help system respond faster. Such as Titanium Backup, Greenify, Xposed framework + gravity box, Tasker, etc.
                    In anyway, we have to thank you Riley for your effort!

Comment

Hm...I did not know that. About kernel....thank you Riley for answer. I understand it much better now.
                      But it's very strange to me...they must know how S1 Pro work and they does not doing anything about it?!? Talking about Pipo team.

Comment

Pipo seems to respond quite well to reports of bugs in their firmware. If enough users report the same problem, they may provide an update with a fix.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

And where I can write report? Do you know that?

Comment

[email protected].
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Thank you
                              Enjoy your day

Comment

Touch panel calibration

Hello, is it possible to recalibrate touch panel on this pipo model?

Comment

Working...
                                X