No announcement yet.

[Q] Next Book 7P12-8G Andriod version 4.04 Rom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No i was not im unsure if that is a match let me see... http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...131&CatId=6957

there it is in all its glory oh, and its back on sale not sure if those are a match? Dam you, why cant you say have a good weekend, always leaving me with more research ... lol and not to mention fast responses thanks though seriously.

SweetAction
    SweetAction

Ematic Genesis 2 / Model: EGS114

7" Full HD Tablet, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 1.1GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, 8GB Storage, USB, HDMI, WiFi

Comment

Originally posted by SweetAction View Post
      No i was not im unsure if that is a match let me see... http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...131&CatId=6957

there it is in all its glory oh, and its back on sale not sure if those are a match? Dam you, why cant you say have a good weekend, always leaving me with more research ... lol and not to mention fast responses thanks though seriously.

SweetAction
      forgot you were working on one of these other clones... not sure if it will work on not... check the build.prop if it matches one of them then you should be ok... but even if it does have the same board it could be named different in the build.prop...

whatever you find... don't try flashing unless you are confident it matches... those ROMs include bootloaders and if you flash the wrong bootloader, it's a real pain to create a bootable SD card to ubrick it... especially for me, since I don't have one of those...

Make sure you root and dump your current firmware before proceeding (unless there is an official ROM available somewhere?)... you can't unbrick without known working firmware...
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

I I captain , will proceed with the dump next week .. over and out
        SweetAction

7" Full HD Tablet, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 1.1GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, 8GB Storage, USB, HDMI, WiFi

Comment

Ok got the tablet in !

Ok so its here, can i use this to make the stock dump?

Rockchip tool 2.1 i believe?
          SweetAction

Comment

No... those instructions are for a Rockchip device... If your device is based on the Next7P12-8G, then it is Amlogic based...

Look the thread I posted in the Nextbook Amlogic subforum about dumping Amlogic based devices...

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Aww ok, so these instuctions then correct?

SweetAction

Comment

Aww ok, so these instuctions then correct?

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...extbook-Tablet

Yeah... those should work...
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I also own a next7p12-8g AKA egs114

Greetings. I see a few people also own the Ematic Genesis 2 (Model: EGS114) clone of the NextBook Next7P12-8G. I'll dump whatever info I have in case it can help anyone else.

Name: Ematic Geneis 2
                  Model: EGS114
                  Small print on the back: NextBook Next7P12
                  FCC ID: S7JNEXT7P12-8G
                  Serial Number: EMGS11406140XXXX

Android 4.0.4
                  Kernel 2.6.34
                  Build v1.03.IMM76I.eng.root.201404422

EDIT* Here is board info from build.prop:
                  ro.product.board=ETM727MC

I have not done much with the tablet yet, not even connected to wifi. I will soon root with Cydia Impactor and install a Super User app in order to make a ROM dump following instructions at: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...extbook-Tablet .

By the way, I found a directory called system/xbin/ with a bunch of commands including "busybox" and "arp" commands. Maybe this means busybox is preinstalled in the tablet.
                  Last edited by TrueLiberty; 09-24-2014, 12:05. Reason: update, avoiding double post

Comment

Originally posted by TrueLiberty View Post
                    Greetings. I see a few people also own the Ematic Genesis 2 (Model: EGS114) clone of the NextBook Next7P12-8G. I'll dump whatever info I have in case it can help anyone else.

Name: Ematic Geneis 2
                    Model: EGS114
                    Small print on the back: NextBook Next7P12
                    FCC ID: S7JNEXT7P12-8G
                    Serial Number: EMGS11406140XXXX

Android 4.0.4
                    Kernel 2.6.34
                    Build v1.03.IMM76I.eng.root.201404422

EDIT* Here is board info from build.prop:
                    ro.product.board=ETM727MC

I have not done much with the tablet yet, not even connected to wifi. I will soon root with Cydia Impactor and install a Super User app in order to make a ROM dump following instructions at: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...extbook-Tablet .

By the way, I found a directory called system/xbin/ with a bunch of commands including "busybox" and "arp" commands. Maybe this means busybox is preinstalled in the tablet.
                    It probably only has a partial busybox install...

I would suggest downloading a busybox installer from the play store and doing a full update of the newest version.

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

egs114 successfully rooted and important partitions backed up

I had trouble while rooting the EGS114 with Cydia Impactor. The Android USB drivers that Impactor tried to install did not work. There were other drivers that my tablet automatically installed into windows, but those were Storage Device drivers for reading and writing to the internal and external SD cards (I think these get installed if you connect the tablet through USB while the setting for "USB debugging" mode is off). The drivers I needed were for connecting to the android device through terminal and for debugging. I had to grab the generic Google USB Drivers from Android.com site https://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html and install them manually.

Once I had the drivers, Cydia Impactor could talk with my tablet and I rooted it in a few seconds.

Edit*
                      I successfully backed up the important partitions of my tablet.
                      Last edited by TrueLiberty; 10-01-2014, 04:05. Reason: update

Comment

I too can't swipe in TWRP on Next7p12-8g

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                        It's most likely a resolution / layout issue.

Try touching slightly above or slightly below center of the buttons and slides. I don't have time to learn TWRP theming to make a custom skin for any device, so I use the closest available.

Once you learn where the touch point is, you should be able get used to it quickly.

ShaunMT
                        I have two NEXT7P12-8G tablets (serial # YF0414xxxxx). Both of which won't boot. I took one of them back to the store and after a long wait got it back saying they had reflashed it and all working - which it did - for about 2 weeks. Don't want to go through all that again so figured I'd reflash it myself.

I extracted from SMT_TWRP_Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM.zip the contained uImage_recovery file (size 5,289,696 bytes).

BUT I must be a slow learner because I have tried & tried to get swipe to confirm flash. With much patience I can get it to move about 1/8 of the required distance. Any help much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Iannz View Post
                          I have two NEXT7P12-8G tablets (serial # YF0414xxxxx). Both of which won't boot. I took one of them back to the store and after a long wait got it back saying they had reflashed it and all working - which it did - for about 2 weeks. Don't want to go through all that again so figured I'd reflash it myself.

I extracted from SMT_TWRP_Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM.zip the contained uImage_recovery file (size 5,289,696 bytes).

BUT I must be a slow learner because I have tried & tried to get swipe to confirm flash. With much patience I can get it to move about 1/8 of the required distance. Any help much appreciated.
                          Sorry, there really isn't anything I can do to help because I don't have that model.

ShaunMT
                          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Shaun, Thanks for quick response! You do great work and understand that you won't have access to all models. All the best, Ian

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                              New Next7P12-8G Modified Stock Based ROMs Available (Both WiFi Versions):

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?11651-ShaunMT-s-Modified-Stock-Based-ROMs-for-Amlogic-Nextbooks-(Download-Thread)

ShaunMT
                              I wonder if this will work for my ematic egs114 next7p12?

is the -8g for if it has or supports 8gb ram? Mine does.

Hi Shawn,

I see you do a lot of work, testing, development etc.
                              I have an egs114 or next7p12, a htc evo 4g and a Samsung charge (my main phone). None of my devices will work with jawbone "UP" app for UP wired activity tracker. I cant afford a new ipad and don't want a new phone/phoneplan yet so what can be done?

That's my main issue, but wouldn't mind learning some things too.
                              So my old phones, 1 is still my main phone can be used or the ematic tablet (given they cost much less). I think the egs114 was 30 bucks after tiger rebate.

So I saw the apps you mentioned and also kingo's for pc to use on connected tp pc androids.

I se you should backup, so you can restore if all else fails, and will keep reading to understand how it works. I am a pc tech and familiar with Linux, os/2, ms os's and like to tinker

I also saw some posts on jailbreaking an ipad1 for upgrading to a newer os but that seemed like getting the looks of that os, not truly upgrading to it. I wonder if that will allow the app to install, just be a new look or interface?

So I also saw this on hsn:
                              NuVision Tablet model TM800A510L

I don't think it will work, but may be faster newer and have a root or (new image - "rom")Any thoughts?

buy a newer device lol?

I think the ematic next7 or the htv evo may have a rom.

I know I saw a evo4g lte I think mine is simply 4g the model is pc36100

thanks in advance

joe

Comment

I wonder if this will work for my ematic egs114 next7p12?
                                I don't know... I don't know if the hardware inside the ematic branded tablet is the exact same or not.

is the -8g for if it has or supports 8gb ram? Mine does.
                                Yes, the "8G" in Nextbook 7P12-8G stands for "8 GB Total Ram", Nextbook has also made some 4 GB and 16 GB tablets, which usually reference 4G and 16G, respectively, in their product names/numbers.

Hi Shawn,

I see you do a lot of work, testing, development etc.
                                I have an egs114 or next7p12, a htc evo 4g and a Samsung charge (my main phone). None of my devices will work with jawbone "UP" app for UP wired activity tracker. I cant afford a new ipad and don't want a new phone/phoneplan yet so what can be done?

That's my main issue, but wouldn't mind learning some things too.
                                So my old phones, 1 is still my main phone can be used or the ematic tablet (given they cost much less). I think the egs114 was 30 bucks after tiger rebate.

So I saw the apps you mentioned and also kingo's for pc to use on connected tp pc androids.

I se you should backup, so you can restore if all else fails, and will keep reading to understand how it works. I am a pc tech and familiar with Linux, os/2, ms os's and like to tinker

I also saw some posts on jailbreaking an ipad1 for upgrading to a newer os but that seemed like getting the looks of that os, not truly upgrading to it. I wonder if that will allow the app to install, just be a new look or interface?

So I also saw this on hsn:
                                NuVision Tablet model TM800A510L

I don't think it will work, but may be faster newer and have a root or (new image - "rom")Any thoughts?

buy a newer device lol?

I think the ematic next7 or the htv evo may have a rom.

I know I saw a evo4g lte I think mine is simply 4g the model is pc36100

thanks in advance

joe
                                I can't offer any assistance with the Jawbone UP app, but I can tell you that it appears that the developer is specifically and purposefully preventing it from being downloaded on any device that they haven't tested so that they don't have to support it on wide variety of devices.

If you desperately want that app, I would suggest either purchasing one of the devices that the developer supports for the Jawbone UP app, or try downloading it to a PC and then manually installing it on your device (It may or may not install this way, and even if it does, it may not work correctly.)

ShaunMT
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X