Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can i do a rom dump

Originally posted by Damo View Post
    What you need is somebody with the same. Tablet as you to do a rom dump so. That a rom can be made for you.

So.we need somebody to come forward

Sent from Xperia Mini Pro ~ Android 4.0.4 ICS

If i found the same one, or i buy , or some one in this comunity have one , what is needed to make the rom dump?
    how do you do that?

thank you all for the support

Comment

Originally posted by donmike View Post
      If i found the same one, or i buy , or some one in this comunity have one , what is needed to make the rom dump?
      how do you do that?

thank you all for the support
      I will leave the technical details of that to bob

Sent from Xperia Mini Pro ~ Android 4.0.4 ICS
      Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
      <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
      <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
      <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
      </form>

Comment

There is a good chance update.img (or backup.img) is still on your tablet. But either way you need a linux box and follow this thread:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...!-Thanks-Alley!

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

ChildPad froze

Ok.. so I have the same problem as my predecessor... I have a ChildPad, uploaded Bob's firmware and get the 'Please touch this point' calibration notice. I suppose this means I do not have the resistive screen (even though my model number only states AN7DG3).
          I tried to read the recommended thread on the 10bG3 ROM but was quite confused. Does this mean the updated 10bG3 ROM will work on the ChildPad?

Please help. I just gave this Childpad to my daughter for her birthday and now I messed it up

Comment

OK so Arnova says nothing on their web site about a Capacitive version of the ChildPad yet, you 2 folks have one. I had no idea they had a capacitive version ad they do not supply the stock ROM on their website

So I have added a WARNING to my ROM download.

joeblow, I have no clue if the 10bG3 ROM will work on your ChildPad. At this point I guess you can try it.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              OK so Arnova says nothing on their web site about a Capacitive version of the ChildPad yet, you 2 folks have one. I had no idea they had a capacitive version ad they do not supply the stock ROM on their website

So I have added a WARNING to my ROM download.

joeblow, I have no clue if the 10bG3 ROM will work on your ChildPad. At this point I guess you can try it.

Bob
              So do we have a way to tell the difference between capacitive and resistive models?

childpad.us says the screen is resistive.

Comment

resistive Pad

That's what threw me off, too. I read 'resisitive' in the descriptions. I think the difference is that I bought it in Germany.. and the other complaint about the ChildPad also came from Germany. The Childpad is just being sold large-scale this weekend. So maybe the difference is that Arnova came up with a different model for Europe?

Comment

Originally posted by joebloe View Post
                  That's what threw me off, too. I read 'resisitive' in the descriptions. I think the difference is that I bought it in Germany.. and the other complaint about the ChildPad also came from Germany. The Childpad is just being sold large-scale this weekend. So maybe the difference is that Arnova came up with a different model for Europe?
                  Here's a capacitive/resisitive firmware..

For all those who bricked theirs.

Installed resistive since i'm99% sure thats what they sent me and success! The only downside is it does not have the increased install size...Bob any chance you have a tutorial on how to fix that? that 500megs filled up quick with all the books i put on for my little one.

Comment

Yes I can mod a ROM for you for the capactive model. Glad to see someone has a ROM now. But I prefer the stock ROM not someone elses moded ROM.

I think Arnova must have updated the web site and supplied the stock ROM for the capcaitive model like yesterday or today! Either that or some how Arctablet got a hold of a capacitive ROM dump.????

BUT when I go there today I see www.arnovatech.com is down right now. So if it comes back up and they have the stock ROM I will do a ROM for the capacitive version for you guys.

Otherwise if it was from a ROM dump, I have to wait until arctablet posts the stock ROM.
                    Again I don't like to work on others ROM mods as who know what the heck they implemented!

Bob

Comment

Yes I can mod a ROM for you for the capactive model. Glad to see someone has a ROM now. But I prefer the stock ROM not someone elses moded ROM.

I think Arnova must have updated the web site and supplied the stock ROM for the capcaitive model like yesterday or today! Either that or some how Arctablet got a hold of a capacitive ROM dump.????

BUT when I go there today I see www.arnovatech.com is down right now. So if it comes back up and they have the stock ROM I will do a ROM for the capacitive version for you guys.

Otherwise if it was from a ROM dump, I have to wait until arctablet posts the stock ROM.
                      Again I don't like to work on others ROM mods as who know what the heck they implemented!

Bob

Right...any chance of just the steps on how to increase app installation partition to the 2 gigs? Not really looking to get another ROM just if there's a way to increase it without having to reflash. If not i'll probably just have to stick with 500 megs and hot swap stuff as needed.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MagicArc View Post
                        Right...any chance of just the steps on how to increase app installation partition to the 2 gigs? Not really looking to get another ROM just if there's a way to increase it without having to reflash. If not i'll probably just have to stick with 500 megs and hot swap stuff as needed.

Thanks!
                        There is not a way without reflashing. To increase space you have to edit the parameter file in the ROM. Kasty's ROM is not like mine in it's parts. So you can't edit his parameter file without a lot of work taking the update.img apart. Even if his ROM were in parts, to change the parameter file setting still requires a full reflash as basically you are repartitioning memory (like a hard disk).

Bob

Comment

There is not a way without reflashing. To increase space you have to edit the parameter file in the ROM. Kasty's ROM is not like mine in it's parts. So you can't edit his parameter file without a lot of work taking the update.img apart. Even if his ROM were in parts, to change the parameter file setting still requires a full reflash as basically you are repartitioning memory (like a hard disk).

Bob
                          Thats what i thought. Oh well.

Comment

childpad rom

Well, the link to the ROM worked. Everything works great.. and my daughter is a happy camper
                            Thanks everybody!

Comment

Thanks

Thank you, bob, for this update, everything's working.

Comment

Netflix

Has anyone been able to get Netflix working on this Childpad yet? I have tried EVERYTHING and can not get it working. I installed Bob's Rom but have the same problem as the stock ROM. My daughter would love to have this working..

Comment

Working...
                                X