Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless Version 1.5

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    So I am uneducated on the 3G stuff.

    On my 1.4 ROM your telling me some phone stuff shows up in settings?
    Or is it that you just plug in the 3G stick and it pops up?

    Maybe explain to me how it all works and I can figure out what the deal is and what is missing?

    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"





    Comment


      #77
      OK, I've just re-flashed with 1.4.
      Without the 3g stick :
      Under 'Wireless & network settings' I have the wi-fi options and also 'Mobile Networks'.

      Insert 3g stick :
      After 30 seconds or so the 3g strength indicator appears on the taskbar - like you get on phones.
      Then under 'Mobile Networks' I can click 'Access Point Names' and a whole list appears - I think these are loaded automatically from the 3g stick.
      After another few seconds a '3g' icon appears on the task bar, I can then launch a browser and connect to the interwebs.

      I didn't have to do anything bar plug the 3g stick in.

      Comment


        #78
        Very impressive work, there.

        Just finished flashing 1.5b on my Philly Arnova 10G2. First of all, the new splash screen is great, nice work Damo. Second of all, the concept of AppInjector is sheer brilliance. I wish stuff like this was around when I first started flashing ROM's a few years ago. Third of all, the new "Settings" is terrific. Finally, the Arnova is behaving like an Android tablet.

        So far zero gotcha's. Was even able to use apk batch installer so that it took easily less than an hour to get back to pre-flash status.

        BTW, I did figure out how to edit the packages.zip and .csv file so that I could plug what I wanted in via appinjector and take out what I had no intentions of ever returning to the tablet. Very elegant solution to a longstanding annoyance.

        Does Adobe Flash 11 really run on this thing? Dare I try it out?
        Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
        HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
        Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

        Comment


          #79
          Originally posted by HaroldG View Post
          Just finished flashing 1.5b on my Philly Arnova 10G2. First of all, the new splash screen is great, nice work Damo. Second of all, the concept of AppInjector is sheer brilliance. I wish stuff like this was around when I first started flashing ROM's a few years ago. Third of all, the new "Settings" is terrific. Finally, the Arnova is behaving like an Android tablet.

          So far zero gotcha's. Was even able to use apk batch installer so that it took easily less than an hour to get back to pre-flash status.

          BTW, I did figure out how to edit the packages.zip and .csv file so that I could plug what I wanted in via appinjector and take out what I had no intentions of ever returning to the tablet. Very elegant solution to a longstanding annoyance.

          Does Adobe Flash 11 really run on this thing? Dare I try it out?
          Wow Harold, thank you man

          Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk
          Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

          PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

          <form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
          <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
          <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
          <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
          https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
          </form>

          Comment


            #80
            Originally posted by HaroldG View Post
            Does Adobe Flash 11 really run on this thing? Dare I try it out?
            I have not tried it but at least 3 people now have confirmed it works.
            When Arnova made this new Kernel that must have updated it to support Flash 11 yet they did not say a damn thing about it!

            However as you can see they took out the 3G support
            WHY?

            Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"





            Comment


              #81
              However as you can see they took out the 3G support
              WHY?

              Bob[/QUOTE]

              too buy another model?
              if you love my work please buy a coffee

              <form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
              https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif


              </form>

              Comment


                #82
                Originally posted by HaroldG View Post
                Just finished flashing 1.5b on my Philly Arnova 10G2. First of all, the new splash screen is great, nice work Damo. Second of all, the concept of AppInjector is sheer brilliance. I wish stuff like this was around when I first started flashing ROM's a few years ago. Third of all, the new "Settings" is terrific. Finally, the Arnova is behaving like an Android tablet.
                It flashed just fine on my Arnova 10 G2 Philly as well.

                Nice work!

                -Neill.

                Comment


                  #83
                  b

                  Absolutely brilliant! Faultless flash and tablet works like dream. Thanks to all contributors !

                  The new boot screen looks very smart, love it.
                  The app injector is genius ! I need to understand how to replace the philly apps with my own, do i just replace the links inthe csv file and load the apk files in the package?

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by baalmoloch View Post
                    Absolutely brilliant! Faultless flash and tablet works like dream. Thanks to all contributors !

                    The new boot screen looks very smart, love it.
                    The app injector is genius ! I need to understand how to replace the philly apps with my own, do i just replace the links inthe csv file and load the apk files in the package?
                    Read this post on how to edit the CSV.

                    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ctor-by-Petrus

                    Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"





                    Comment


                      #85
                      This ROM seems to be great on battery life as well as fast Bob. I am just now having to charge after flashing and my son has been hammering a pile of games including the ones that have online crap.

                      Comment


                        #86
                        hi bob i will be installing this tomorrow i realy love your roms super sleak and slick easy to follow instructions and i have been following since your first release at that other site which it realy upset me how you were treated there how they stole your rom and made it look like they were the ones that made it in the first place dirty trick i hate that!!! i do some coding on programs my self and have had a few stolen and claimed by others it realy gets a coder down when that bull happens and i have seen many masters quit over it. but i am happy to see you found a new place that is supportive and will work with you.

                        also a shout out to all the ones involved in the various tweeks and mods for this rom and app installer lol

                        well better get to downloading. hope to see more great work in the future.

                        maby one day some one will make a ICS 4.0 or even 3.0 honecomb

                        honeycomb is on my logitech review. well 3.1 to be exact lol

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Bob,

                          Great ROM. Easy to install with your instructions. Thank you very much. Much better than my wife's iPad which cost £600!

                          Comment


                            #88
                            have i killed it

                            hi Bob

                            this is my first post and first, rom flash

                            I think i've killed my 10g2 .... i flashed the 1.5 rom (not 1.5a or b) and all was well for a day or so,(great rom by the way), untill i powered it down . i was unable to re-boot it again, i pressed the reset button, nothing. i plugged in the charger and got the green light when the battery was at 50%. so i downloaded and tried to flash the original firmware from arnova . eventually i got it to boot straight after a flash, powered off.. nothing green light again. i still can't get it to reboot, the only way to reboot it is to reflash and then this sometimes will take 4 or 5 attempts to get it to take the flash or boot after successful flash. i've been at it all week on and off determined not to let i beat me but i think it has, i am about to throw it through the window ...any ideas or is it bricked or beyond repair, or am i being a doughnut and missing somthing obvious.

                            thanks

                            bondy

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Just to make sure your not missing something.

                              1) WHen you flash ANY of my ROMs you must make sure you EraseIDB and click the loader box!!!!!
                              2) To flash the stock ROM from Arnova web site you MUST us the RKbatch tool (do not copy update.img to the sdcard). Also in RKBatch tool you must use RESTORE button not the update button.

                              If your doing all that correctly then you may have had a hardware failure of some kind?

                              Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"





                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by Finless View Post
                                Just to make sure your not missing something.

                                1) WHen you flash ANY of my ROMs you must make sure you EraseIDB and click the loader box!!!!!
                                2) To flash the stock ROM from Arnova web site you MUST us the RKbatch tool (do not copy update.img to the sdcard). Also in RKBatch tool you must use RESTORE button not the update button.

                                If your doing all that correctly then you may have had a hardware failure of some kind?

                                Bob
                                Thanks Bob

                                I have bee doing all you mentioned ... i think you have confirmed my fears.. i flashed it with my windows xp laptop would using a different operating system make any difference ?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X