Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless Version 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    All I ask in return in spread the word of FreakTab.com.

Bob
    Yes, I have spread the word by posting the following on the philly.com beta tablet forum (which is where I first learned of your custom ROM v1.4):

Thanks to Harold for pointing me to that flash ROM. I just installed a newer version:
    Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless Version 1.5

Its amazing package because:
    a) detailed instructions on how to install
    b) the creator is available on the forum for help

c) the ROM is lean and mean, devoid of the Arnova and philly.com bloatware
    d) the package includes an "app injector" -- an amazingly simple way to re-install the apps you want, including the Inquirer and Daily News apps (which are bundled in the download)

e) he did a video to explain how to use the app injector

f) and perhaps best of all, the creator also included a mod to the system that makes the status bar transparent -- which solves the Kindle problem! The top line is now (mostly) readable!

Strongly recommended.

Comment

Need Skype and Google+ hangouts to work PLEASE!

Hi. Nice and easy to flash this rom, so thank you.
      One of the reasons I bought this Arnova 10 G2 tablet was to use it for Skype and Google+ hangouts. Sadly it doesn't seem to work. Any tips on how to make it work? If it doesn't work, I may well sell my Arnova tablet

Comment

Cant help with Google+ as I have not used it bt people have said it works!

Use this Skype version which does work

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ighlight=skype
        Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply Bob. Stupid question, but will the older version of Skype install itself OK? I notice it's a zip file. Thanks

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          Cant help with Google+ as I have not used it bt people have said it works!

Use this Skype version which does work

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ighlight=skype
          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sushiewushie View Post
            Thanks for your quick reply Bob. Stupid question, but will the older version of Skype install itself OK? I notice it's a zip file. Thanks

Unzip the file to reveal the Apk, Copy that to your memory card and use the file manager to click on it to install.
            Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
            <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
            <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
            <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
            https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
            </form>

Comment

app injector

petras whats the difference in the updated version verses the one in the rom ,also is the update one posted still in beta testing or an official release free of bugs QUOTE=petrus;10900]Thanks for the nice comments guys.it was fun making the AppInjector, and it is great to get happy users reviews.

By the way, I did post a new version of my app on the dedicated thread. You can use it instead of the one included in the rom package.[/QUOTE]
              Last edited by anthonycar9; 05-06-2012, 07:58. Reason: incorrect post initially

Comment

So you do not need Petrus' latest App Injector with my ROM. But Petrus put in much more into his latest version for those that want to modify package.zip and make your own APP setup!

1) He added better searching for package.zip and not just on extern SDCard.
                2) He allows you to tell App Injector where package.zip is.
                3) Added great error checking to chack for errors you might make in apps.csv and also missing files in package.zip that are asked for in apps.csv.

So he took App Injector to the next level to allow you guys to use it far beyond what my ROM needed it for.

ENJOY!

Bob

Comment

Somehow I set the stock browser as the default. I would really like to undo that setting so I can choose between it and Opera Mini, depending on what I'm trying to do. Is there a place in settings to clear the defaults? I have been searching all morning.

Sent from my AN10G2 using Tapatalk 2
                  Randy
                  Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                    Somehow I set the stock browser as the default. I would really like to undo that setting so I can choose between it and Opera Mini, depending on what I'm trying to do. Is there a place in settings to clear the defaults? I have been searching all morning.

Go into settings/applications/manage and press the all button and look for browser. Nowclear the defaults

Sent from my CUBE U9GT 2 using Tapatalk 2
                    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                    <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                    <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                    </form>

Comment

Thanks!

Randy
                      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                      Donate here

Comment

Hi Finless,

I installed your rom last night and have to say its much much better then stock.

Just one question...

Id like to remove the whole top bar and instead run Button Savior from the market. (Having this will let me play games and watch videos using the entire screen)

Id be very greatfull if you could tell me what files id need to remove to remove the bar?

I would have a play myself but without any way of doing a nandroid it would take for ever if kept needing to flash the device when ever i make a mistake

Thanks again
                        Craig

P.S... keep up the good work!
                        Last edited by craigb244; 05-07-2012, 13:22.

Comment

You can remove the status bar all together by simply renaming /system/app/systemui.apk. However when it is gone you will not get any more status messages at all!!! So if you do not care about those you can do this.

Bob

Comment

Thanks,

I already figured that out before your reply.

its a shame about no notifications (is there no way to fix this? it would be nice to have the standard android notification bar but have the soft buttons as a very small pull out tab on the side like you get with button savior)

Got it setup pretty good now barr the lack of notifications.

running launcherpro with button savior and have a nice clean looking tab.

battery useage is a nice little launcherpro widget

Comment

I found this :
                              I am trying to create a button where I can hide or show the status bar on my tablet. I've put in the onCreate getWindow().addFlags(WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_LAYOUT_IN_SCREEN); getWindow().

So there seems to be a solution to make a button that can hide/show the status bar.

After searching a bit, the following shell command hides the status bar :

su -c service call activity 79 s16 com.android.systemui

The following one starts it again :

su -c am startservice -n com.android.systemui/.SystemUIService

Or if it doesn't work, this one should :

su -c am startservice -n com.android.systemui/com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarService
                              Last edited by petrus; 05-07-2012, 18:32.

Comment

Thanks

Instructions are clear and install is straightforward. No issues accessing Google Play too!

Comment

Working...
                                X