This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I will try it before it goes into the trash again

saw this and dug this brick out of the trash and figure I will try the new unbrick? this wmn had no led power light but now is blinking when plugged into to power supply. Is the a stockor custom rom for the wmn yet? may have missed it. ThanX for all your efforts.
    Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I mistakenly used the WM bootloader in both unbrick kits... I'll get a new one ready and make sure I put the correct one in the WMN ROM... I thought something seemed wrong when I was making it... sure would be easier if I had a WMN model to test on myself...

ShaunMT

Comment

Originally posted by rbitting View Post
      saw this and dug this brick out of the trash and figure I will try the new unbrick? this wmn had no led power light but now is blinking when plugged into to power supply. Is the a stockor custom rom for the wmn yet? may have missed it. ThanX for all your efforts.
      The new unbrick kit isn't up yet... working on it currently. Probably have it up either tonight or tomorrow night along with modified stock ROMs.

ShaunMT
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Is there any way to tell if a tablet is WM or WMN other than checking build.prop? I only ask because there's no way for me to access that file at the moment since the tablet is bricked.

Never mind, found the recovery log (advanced>report issue), it's the WM model.

After reading some of the information in that I'm thinking that it could be either since it's information from the stock rom provided here.
        Last edited by silver9990; 03-23-2014, 02:21. Reason: Figured it out, I think...
        Nextbook NX008HD8G - Rooted

Comment

Originally posted by silver9990 View Post
          Is there any way to tell if a tablet is WM or WMN other than checking build.prop? I only ask because there's no way for me to access that file at the moment since the tablet is bricked.

Never mind, found the recovery log (advanced>report issue), it's the WM model.

After reading some of the information in that I'm thinking that it could be either since it's information from the stock rom provided here.
          One of the unbrick kits will work and one won't... but don't try yet, I need to update the unbrick kit for the WMN model because I recently noticed that I used the WM bootloader in both kits by mistake...

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Both of the Next8HD8G unbrick kits are fine... all of the M6 chip tablets appear to use the same bootloader. The only difference is the boot.img (uImage) and the recovery.img (uImage_recovery) and the ROM.

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Is my tablet history or is there hope?

I am needing help with my Nextbook Premium NX008HD8G tablet! Serial number YFG1213022529. My problem is it was stuck in boot loop with the chick with headphones on now it will not boot at all and the light to to show if it is charging was on but now its not. I tried to use unbrick kit for WMN (thinking that was my tablet, now not so sure!) and reading how others had this problem but it tells me error for making sdcard rescue. I am using 8GB sdcard on Wndows 7 Ultimate SP1. I also tried every way plausible to turn it back on.
              Really could use some help if anybody can.....

Comment

Originally posted by ATLien View Post
                I am needing help with my Nextbook Premium NX008HD8G tablet! Serial number YFG1213022529. My problem is it was stuck in boot loop with the chick with headphones on now it will not boot at all and the light to to show if it is charging was on but now its not. I tried to use unbrick kit for WMN (thinking that was my tablet, now not so sure!) and reading how others had this problem but it tells me error for making sdcard rescue. I am using 8GB sdcard on Wndows 7 Ultimate SP1. I also tried every way plausible to turn it back on.
                Really could use some help if anybody can.....
                I saw that you tried to install the stock ROM... It only worked on NXM8000ND_WM tablets. You've probably got the NXM8000NBD_WMN model. I'll be posting a modified ROM for it today.

You'll need the unbrick kit.

Tell us more about the error you're getting when trying to make the rescue sd card...

What are you doing before the error.

What does the error message say?

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I saw that you tried to install the stock ROM... It only worked on NXM8000ND_WM tablets. You've probably got the NXM8000NBD_WMN model. I'll be posting a modified ROM for it today.

You'll need the unbrick kit.

Tell us more about the error you're getting when trying to make the rescue sd card...

What are you doing before the error.

What does the error message say?

ShaunMT
                  This is the error I am getting:

3/25/2014 1:50:28 AM Copying...
                  3/25/2014 1:56:07 AM Write Error occurred at offset 1,975,451,648 (27)
                  3/25/2014 1:56:07 AM Cannot write to target, aborting...
                  3/25/2014 1:56:07 AM Average speed: 5.8 MB/s
                  3/25/2014 1:56:07 AM Operation terminated at offset 1,975,451,648 LBA 3,858,304

I am following the directions included in the download for windows. I have used two different sd cards, a 8GB and 2GB, both sd cards are fine and have no issues. I am curious though, I have misplaced my sd adapters so I was using through my samsung admire rooted phone in cwm..I mount sd then I mount usb storage and it never been issue before, however I haven't been trying burn images either! Could that be my problem?
                  I did find this on slatedroid about unbricking AmLogic related tablets. Here's the link address:

I have one other tablet to brick on me and that was an Super Pad Tablet PC by Infotmic which had charging issues from the start and during an official upgrade download it shut off while charger was plugged in on a full battery! I made a bootable sd card using Hex editor and it worked first try.
                  Thus my interest of rooting and tweaking any Android began...
                  I really feel like my problem is the adapter for rescue sd....I am holding off trying hard brick hack that I found on slatedroid to jump start it back to life until I hear back from you.
                  Thanks for your time and speedy response back!

Comment

This is the error I am getting:

3/25/2014 1:50:28 AM Copying...
                    3/25/2014 1:56:07 AM Write Error occurred at offset 1,975,451,648 (27)
                    3/25/2014 1:56:07 AM Cannot write to target, aborting...
                    3/25/2014 1:56:07 AM Average speed: 5.8 MB/s
                    3/25/2014 1:56:07 AM Operation terminated at offset 1,975,451,648 LBA 3,858,304

I am following the directions included in the download for windows. I have used two different sd cards, a 8GB and 2GB, both sd cards are fine and have no issues. I am curious though, I have misplaced my sd adapters so I was using through my samsung admire rooted phone in cwm..I mount sd then I mount usb storage and it never been issue before, however I haven't been trying burn images either! Could that be my problem?
                    Yes, I'd have to guess this is the problem.

I did find this on slatedroid about unbricking AmLogic related tablets. Here's the link address:

I have one other tablet to brick on me and that was an Super Pad Tablet PC by Infotmic which had charging issues from the start and during an official upgrade download it shut off while charger was plugged in on a full battery! I made a bootable sd card using Hex editor and it worked first try.
                    Thus my interest of rooting and tweaking any Android began...
                    I really feel like my problem is the adapter for rescue sd....I am holding off trying hard brick hack that I found on slatedroid to jump start it back to life until I hear back from you.
                    Thanks for your time and speedy response back!
                    The unbrick kits use disk images of SD Cards created per Christian Troy's instructions, which is the first method linked to in your link above.

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

For those who may have missed the posting... New Next8HD8G ROMs:

ShaunMT's Modified Stock Based ROMs for Amlogic Nextbooks (Download Thread)

ShaunMT's Modified Stock Based ROMs for Amlogic Nextbooks (Support Thread)
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Eeny meeny miny moe, catch a rom by the download....

Ok I am headed out to grab an adapter, but I wanted to follow up with you on the correct rom again. You said earlier that one I tried was Next8HD8G-NXM8000ND_WM and I may have Next8HD8G-NXM8000ND_WMN model/board correct? And I should use same for cwm and unbrick kits?

Again thank you for your time and hard work!

Comment

Ok I am headed out to grab an adapter, but I wanted to follow up with you on the correct rom again. You said earlier that one I tried was Next8HD8G-NXM8000ND_WM and I may have Next8HD8G-NXM8000ND_WMN model/board correct? And I should use same for cwm and unbrick kits?

Again thank you for your time and hard work!
                          That would be my best guess... you can't really go too wrong... the files for one model with brick it and the files for the other model should fix it... one way or the other you should be able to get it working...

ShaunMT
                          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

For Inquiring Minds...Update

That would be my best guess... you can't really go too wrong... the files for one model with brick it and the files for the other model should fix it... one way or the other you should be able to get it working...

ShaunMT
                            ok after I commandeered a sd adapter I tried the WMN unbrick kit... nothing happens. No backlight, no power. So plan B fell into place thus began the burning of the WM unbrick kit and my screen turned on, but it didn't boot to recovery, just stayed blank but I could tell the backlight was on and I could see the charger light again.

Because knowledge is power, I have been reading the conversation between you and
                            Sumphlet.
                            It appears we have the same issues but complete opposite. Should I attempt his method of burning the WMN kit then copying the WM kit over it? I'm switching gears and working on a Samsung Admire, a LG Spirit 4G and a Samsung Attend, but I will be around all day today.

Thanks for your time and your ideas Shaun, they are greatly appreciated and shall be rewarded!

Comment

ok after I commandeered a sd adapter I tried the WMN unbrick kit... nothing happens. No backlight, no power. So plan B fell into place thus began the burning of the WM unbrick kit and my screen turned on, but it didn't boot to recovery, just stayed blank but I could tell the backlight was on and I could see the charger light again.

Because knowledge is power, I have been reading the conversation between you and
                              Sumphlet.
                              It appears we have the same issues but complete opposite. Should I attempt his method of burning the WMN kit then copying the WM kit over it? I'm switching gears and working on a Samsung Admire, a LG Spirit 4G and a Samsung Attend, but I will be around all day today.

Thanks for your time and your ideas Shaun, they are greatly appreciated and shall be rewarded!
                              Couldn't hurt... I have experienced this, and I only have 1 WM model for testing on.

ShaunMT
                              Last edited by shaunmt; 04-26-2014, 22:38.
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Shaun,

I have a newer model, purchased about 2 months ago. I hosed it up originally, by rooting with the wrong files. It would get to the spinning circle screen then freeze up.

Last night, i tried your WMN SD card unbrick kit and your modded stock ROM. Fired right up. Got your new boot screen, both of them. Perfect. It was snappy and i began playing with it. Decided to reboot afterwards to test. I noticed upon reboot, it was a clean ROM again. Nothing I did was saved. So i went through and hooked up wifi, disabled some apps, etc...Rebooted again. Same thing happened. Did it a forth time, and now it is 100% dead. Wont boot at all. Nothing but a black screen. I get the power light when charging, thats it.

Any ideas? why did it get hosed?

thanks
                                Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X