This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sumphlet View Post
    And another thing, it'll allow me to FORMAT /system and /data, then I can mount them, but I cannot even format /emmc (which I think is the internal sdcard)
    COOL! I thought you previously said you could NOT format /system or /data....

/emmc isn't used by the stock ROMs. Don't worry about it.

Reformat /system and /data and try flashing the ROM again.

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
      COOL! I thought you previously said you could NOT format /system or /data....

/emmc isn't used by the stock ROMs. Don't worry about it.

Reformat /system and /data and try flashing the ROM again.

ShaunMT
      I forgot to add... when I do that it does the same thing. When I reboot to recovery it acts up and won't allow me to mount either. In fact, I'm having pretty much the same problem referenced in this post: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ht=#post149388

He somehow got it fixed but I'm not sure how he did it.

Comment

I forgot to add... when I do that it does the same thing. When I reboot to recovery it acts up and won't allow me to mount either. In fact, I'm having pretty much the same problem referenced in this post: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ht=#post149388

He somehow got it fixed but I'm not sure how he did it.
        So, you used the WM RescueSDCard to boot the WMN recovery, could not mount /system or /data, formatted /system and /data, was able to mount /system and /data, reflashed the ROM, rebooted, stuck at second logo, rebooted recovery and unable to mount /system and /data again... in that exact order?

Correct?

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

So, you used the WM RescueSDCard to boot the WMN recovery, could not mount /system or /data, formatted /system and /data, was able to mount /system and /data, reflashed the ROM, rebooted, stuck at second logo, rebooted recovery and unable to mount /system and /data again... in that exact order?

Correct?

ShaunMT
          The /system and /data mounting issues existed before I even used the RescueSDCard. It pretty much existed since I started using your CWN for the WMN builds.

Comment

I'm thinking I am just going to avoid doing anything else with my tablet until the new ROMs come out.

Comment

Might be a long shot but have you tried the cm10 rom yet. Might do the trick as it reformats everything. Not much to lose, but it does only work on the WM boards as far as I know.

Comment

To ShaunMT - instructions for windows or unix

"Inside you will find instructions for windows or unix. Choose one and read it entirely and carefully before beginning."

ShaunMT, would you post a link to the instructions? I'd like to read the un-brick procedure, but I do not need to download the large zip file.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MoeFoh View Post
                  "Inside you will find instructions for windows or unix. Choose one and read it entirely and carefully before beginning."

ShaunMT, would you post a link to the instructions? I'd like to read the un-brick procedure, but I do not need to download the large zip file.

Thanks.

As requested... these are the text documents with the instructions included in my unbrick kits.

Unbrick_Instructions_for_Unix

Unbrick_Instructions_for_Windows

ShaunMT
                  Last edited by shaunmt; 03-16-2014, 03:46.
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Ooops...

As requested... these are the text documents with the instructions included in my unbrick kits.

ShaunMT
                    Not Found

The requested URL /ShaunMT/Unbrick_Instructions_for_Unix.text was not found on this server.
                    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at www.freak-tab.de Port 80

Comment

Originally posted by MoeFoh View Post
                      Not Found

The requested URL /ShaunMT/Unbrick_Instructions_for_Unix.text was not found on this server.
                      Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at www.freak-tab.de Port 80
                      Sorry... links seem to have been broken. Edited the previous post and pasted the urls and they seem to be working now:

Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Yep. Working now. Thanks.

Sorry... links seem to have been broken. Edited the previous post and pasted the urls and they seem to be working now:

Yep. Working now. Thanks.

Comment

NXM8000NBD_WMN Models

I'm packaging up a modified ROM for the NXM8000NBD_WMN models and it looks like I may have mixed up the bootloader with the one from the NXM8000ND_WM model when I made the unbrick kit for the NXM8000NBD_WMN.

I know a few of you tried using it already, did anyone have any success booting to recovery more than once with the NXM8000NBD_WMN unbrick kit? If not, I think it is because I used the wrong bootloader in it.

Someone let me know, so I can get some files out for you guys to test.

ShaunMT
                          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Yeah actually the WMN unbrick kit worked only once for me... Then the WM kit was able to boot but I could not boot into recovery. The only way I was able to boot into recovery was to swap out the recovery image from the WMN kit to the WM kit.

I'm packaging up a modified ROM for the NXM8000NBD_WMN models and it looks like I may have mixed up the bootloader with the one from the NXM8000ND_WM model when I made the unbrick kit for the NXM8000NBD_WMN.

I know a few of you tried using it already, did anyone have any success booting to recovery more than once with the NXM8000NBD_WMN unbrick kit? If not, I think it is because I used the wrong bootloader in it.

Someone let me know, so I can get some files out for you guys to test.

ShaunMT

Comment

Yeah actually the WMN unbrick kit worked only once for me... Then the WM kit was able to boot but I could not boot into recovery. The only way I was able to boot into recovery was to swap out the recovery image from the WMN kit to the WM kit.
                              Yeah, I'm pretty sure I mistakenly used the WM bootloader in both unbrick kits... I'll get a new one ready and make sure I put the correct one in the WMN ROM... I thought something seemed wrong when I was making it... sure would be easier if I had a WMN model to test on myself...

ShaunMT
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Can't wait to try the ROM out!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I mistakenly used the WM bootloader in both unbrick kits... I'll get a new one ready and make sure I put the correct one in the WMN ROM... I thought something seemed wrong when I was making it... sure would be easier if I had a WMN model to test on myself...

ShaunMT

Comment

Working...
                                X