Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vikidroid View Post
    first i need to find that info.

that is on case!! i'm looking in tablet info under settings.

so: M8 PRON 1308 0117 (16GB)

and werdict is?
    Nothing in my settings other than the name M8pro. Of course, I have already installed the KK ROM.
    Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

Kernel change?

Anyone tried one of the new faster kernels after the KK upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        This ROM is based on an official Pipo firmware update dated 4/3/2014. Finally, an official KitKat release from Pipo for this great tablet. It's for both Wifi and 3G versions.
        as this seems to be more active topic than general, i'll ask my question again.

according to first sentence for this rom - "it's for both 3g and non-3g version", please, can someone confirm me does sending sms messages works on NON-3G model, when it is connected to internet with external 3G dongle?

i presume that all needed files, apks, and all what is needed for 3G model are installed, and now i need to find way to activate them.

i tryed with few sms applications, of course, with generic app, but no success.

please, advice!

thanks!

viki

Comment

Starcopy could be right and it could be a random problem. But the data collected so far:

Vikidroid, kk ok, 130801
          Starcopy, kk ok, 130505
          Stevejc, kk ok, 130413
          BamaPanda, kk ok,???
          Mracces, kk problems, 130403

It seems there are no problems with tables next to April 13, 2013. Yes, few data yet for conclusions.

Regards

Comment

Done!
            My s/n is M8PRON13050582
            I didn't try with a different kernel but with the 2.1 I was with the turbo one without problem.
            Anyone tried a different kernel?
            Thanks too much rrileypm!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ketias View Post
              Starcopy could be right and it could be a random problem. But the data collected so far:

Vikidroid, kk ok, 130801
              Starcopy, kk ok, 130505
              Stevejc, kk ok, 130413
              BamaPanda, kk ok,???
              Mracces, kk problems, 130403

It seems there are no problems with tables next to April 13, 2013. Yes, few data yet for conclusions.

Regards
              Absolutely!

So my next project with this tab is to run a ROM. There are three I read on ...the first two stable. Anyone recall the thread?

Now the question ...am I the brave one? 

Time is my issue for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by sammirati View Post
                Done!
                My s/n is M8PRON13050582
                I didn't try with a different kernel but with the 2.1 I was with the turbo one without problem.
                Anyone tried a different kernel?
                Thanks too much rrileypm!!!
                Probably a dumb ques, but are you reading that from the back ...or the settings? My cover is a stick on type, so I have not been able to look.

If the settings, and you have installed KK just like I have, why can't I see it. Hmmmmm!

😕

Comment

according to first sentence for this rom - "it's for both 3g and non-3g version", please, can someone confirm me does sending sms messages works on NON-3G model, when it is connected to internet with external 3G dongle?

i presume that all needed files, apks, and all what is needed for 3G model are installed, and now i need to find way to activate them.

please, advice!

thanks!

viki
                  That was an early Pipo 4.2 rom that could do that. As far as I know, after that they removed that item and never put it in again. So it will not be in the KK as well.

If you have an app that can send sms, I gladly will try it.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaPanda View Post
                    Probably a dumb ques, but are you reading that from the back ...or the settings? My cover is a stick on type, so I have not been able to look.

If the settings, and you have installed KK just like I have, why can't I see it. Hmmmmm!

It's on the lower back in the middle of the tablet.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcopy View Post
                      It's on the lower back in the middle of the tablet.
                      I get also on the box too

Comment

Re: Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 2.2 KitKat

please, advice!

thanks!

viki
                        What I mean in post #1 is that Pipo released this firmware to cover both versions. I've observed from each of these "beta" KK ROMs for other tablets that they haven't included a lot of apps. While SMS should be available on a 3G tablet, its not always the case.
                        Randy
                        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                        Donate here

Comment

13090230 KK successful.

After following Randy's ROMs for a while, I finally bit the bullet and installed this. The user experience is just so much smoother/more-fluid than with the original/factory ROM!

I just discovered the "slide-to-see" volume bar; is there a way to hide the volume bar again when done?

XBMC is a joy on this tablet!

Thank you Randy!
                          Last edited by Tybalt39; 05-22-2014, 18:23.
                          Tablet History:
                          Pipo M8 Pro (current)
                          NextBook W8.1 (sold)
                          Asus TF300 (sold)
                          Hyundai A7 (sold)
                          Nextbook 7" (sold)

Comment

everything went ok

I had the previous version from randy 4.2.2 and now I installed kitkat without a problem.
                            my serial is m8pron13050771
                            thanks a lot randy. everything seems faster

Comment

same thing here, and still no answer from nobody. but, i have opposite situation. after i turned daydream ON, tablet didin't "die" for a days now. i even do not have clue why is there only two options for that daydream - why and when that can be usable. no idea. at least that that can be used as screensaver.
                              same problem, but it was also with 2.1: after a sleep the touchscreen doesn't work when awake. daydream off or on doesn't make difference. could someone have other suggestions or tricks?
                              thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Starcopy
                                That was an early Pipo 4.2 rom that could do that. As far as I know, after that they removed that item and never put it in again. So it will not be in the KK as well.

If you have an app that can send sms, I gladly will try it.
                                no, sadly, i do not have some specific app, just those available from market: go sms, handcent sms, etc.

Originally posted by rrileypm
                                What I mean in post #1 is that Pipo released this firmware to cover both versions. I've observed from each of these "beta" KK ROMs for other tablets that they haven't included a lot of apps. While SMS should be available on a 3G tablet, its not always the case.
                                i just tought that both firmwares are same, just some parts are activated and some aren't according to version of tablet. but, what Starcopy wrote earlyer, it seems that something was removed from KK rom, and that there is problem.

even Anna form pipo answered me on facebook, and she said that go sms works on non 3G models, but not on every single one. now i do not nothing. how is possible that SAME tablet partly works, partly no not work with sms. and for end, she said that i can try with 3G firmware. what brings us back to your first post - this firmware is for both versions. so, or i'm missing something so obvious that i can't see, or something with KK is really screwed up.

and about serial numbers. also on facebook, anna wrote this:
                                "It is the serail number, it tells us the model of the tablet and the date when we sell it. Such as, M8PRON13080117 It is a M8 PRO NO 3G, we sold it in August of 2013".
                                but nothing about last four digits.

Comment

Working...
                                X