Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pipo M8 Max 3066 RileyROM 1.0 (both wifi and 3g)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me do some more research about that. We had that problem before, but I forgot how we fixed it. I'll give you answer as soon as I find it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

max m8

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      Let me do some more research about that. We had that problem before, but I forgot how we fixed it. I'll give you answer as soon as I find it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

thank you sir randy... hope we can fix that soon... more power...

Comment

The Great Randy is back

Yahoo... At last there is a new update for our pipo m8 max. Thanks to Mr. Randy over here for the hard works. I am going to try the v1.1a. Will let you know if facing any probs.

Comment

Any feedbacks?

Comment

Much much better than previous version

So far it has been almost a week since I flashed the v1.1a and frankly speaking, it makes my Pipo m8 max to come alive once again. Battery life is good and less lag I would say. No complaint so far.

Comment

Sir riley, can you suggest what tweaks we can put on your rom? Or it is not recommended to add tweaks like pure performance etc to our pipo tab with your rom since your rom already has it?

Comment

That's the joy of having a rooted tablet...you can customize all you want...everyone uses their tablets in different ways.

Since it's almost impossible to brick these Rockchip devices, just remember to keep a copy of the ROM handy to reflash if you mess something up.

I just provide a clean canvas for you to enjoy. If you take a performance hit from adding something...it's ON YOU...NOT ME!!!!!
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

That's the joy of having a rooted tablet...you can customize all you want...everyone uses their tablets in different ways.

Since it's almost impossible to brick these Rockchip devices, just remember to keep a copy of the ROM handy to reflash if you mess something up.

I just provide a clean canvas for you to enjoy. If you take a performance hit from adding something...it's ON YOU...NOT ME!!!!!
                  Just flashed the rom v1.1a. Will test it for a week Thank you so much for this!

I have a question, how can I change the boot screen logo/animation? What size does it need. I wanna change it to something like xperia or nexus Do you have like those?

Comment

Found glitch/bugs

My tab display suddenly got frozen with v1.1a. Ive encountered this problem a long time ago during my early purchase and having a stock rom. I've NEVER encountered this on v1 rom. Any insights sir?

I was playing samurai siege when this happen, before, with v1 rom I can play this game until my battery be drained and I haven't encountered any issues with my tab.

After restart I encountered the same problem again while browsing with the tab. My M8 is wifi version.
                    Last edited by bryanblue24; 03-14-2014, 18:10. Reason: additional info

Comment

Screen freezes

Screen freezes randomly.Had to reset the tab manually so that it will work again.

Comment

I haven't seen a ROM update in quite a while for the M8 Max...which is a pretty good tablet.

I'm afraid that without any new material to work with, I'm not able to do much else. Usually, screen freezes are kernel issues (which is why you have the same problem with both stock, and my ROM).

Who knows what will happen?
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

I haven't seen a ROM update in quite a while for the M8 Max...which is a pretty good tablet.

I'm afraid that without any new material to work with, I'm not able to do much else. Usually, screen freezes are kernel issues (which is why you have the same problem with both stock, and my ROM).

Who knows what will happen?
                          I just noticed that the v1.1 uses a 31xx loader.

I havent encountered the screen freezing issues with v1.0 rom that's why I reverted back to it. Also I notice that this v1.1 consumes battery more than the v1.0 rom you've made

Comment

update pipo m8 max

Here's another version I just did with a new set of boot screens:

Pipo M8 Max RileyROM v1.1a
                            hi rrileypm,
                            can you make some updates for this tablet? maybe kitkat or lollipo?
                            pipo makes one update and then nothing :-/
                            thanks and greets syncro1982

Comment

Unfortunately, Pipo did not release 3066 sources to us...so I'm afraid any upgrades from the original firmware won't be possible...at least from me, sorry.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X