Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[REF]Complete list of (Elektrik's) Modified Stock/Custom' ROMS for Polaroid tablets

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello elektrik and everyone else.

I have the PTAB7XC. I have flashed the newest (v3) stock rom to the tablet and then found this page and flashed your modified stock rom. everything seems to work great except for google play... I have also come very close to rooting the device (just need a way to change the permissions on /system/xbin/su) however google play does not completely work. I say not completely because "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped.".
    I can get all the way through the sign in process but when the "accept the terms of the license agreement" window pops up it stops working.

I've been on a ton of sites looking for a way to root this baby, and found nothing but people claiming they have one rooted... with no proof... i have however seen one of these with a working google play on youtube and apparently changing the permissions is what needs to happen to make google play work...

Thanks elektrik for your great work here... let me know if i can help in any way... testing... etc...
    looking forward to getting google play on this device so I don't have to re-pay for all the things i've bought.
    google and amazon apparently do not share with each other what you have already purchased and i won't re-buy licenses for everything i already own on amazon...
    I am a programmer by trade, you could call me am-pro... I've rooted several devices and I also program/translate in 16 different computer languages.

I say i've almost rooted the device, that's because i've got the su program and supersu to install, the su binary wants to run but all i keep getting is "permission denied".
    this is a problem i've already solved on my samsung stratosphere phone. the permissions on /system/(x)bin/su just need to change.

Comment

Originally posted by MetaPhaze View Post
      I have the PTAB7XC. I have flashed the newest (v3) stock rom to the tablet and then found this page and flashed your modified stock rom. everything seems to work great except for google play... I have also come very close to rooting the device (just need a way to change the permissions on /system/xbin/su) however google play does not completely work. I say not completely because "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped.".
      I can get all the way through the sign in process but when the "accept the terms of the license agreement" window pops up it stops working.

I've been on a ton of sites looking for a way to root this baby, and found nothing but people claiming they have one rooted... with no proof... i have however seen one of these with a working google play on youtube and apparently changing the permissions is what needs to happen to make google play work...

Thanks elektrik for your great work here... let me know if i can help in any way... testing... etc...
      looking forward to getting google play on this device so I don't have to re-pay for all the things i've bought.
      google and amazon apparently do not share with each other what you have already purchased and i won't re-buy licenses for everything i already own on amazon...
      I am a programmer by trade, you could call me am-pro... I've rooted several devices and I also program/translate in 16 different computer languages.

I say i've almost rooted the device, that's because i've got the su program and supersu to install, the su binary wants to run but all i keep getting is "permission denied".
      this is a problem i've already solved on my samsung stratosphere phone. the permissions on /system/(x)bin/su just need to change.
      you do realize that you can just flash my custom Elektricity ROM I made for the 703C since your tab and the 703C are sister devices right? :-) It has google play, root, tweaks, etc. I just made the modified stock for the PTAB for the (few) folks who requested it.
      https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Somehow I knew you'd say that haha. I'll try it out then.

Thanks

Comment

yup! :-)

Comment

Re: [REF]Complete list of (Elektrik's) Modified Stock/Custom' ROMS for Polaroid tablets

Edit: Never mind
            Last edited by AndroidPizza; 10-03-2013, 04:53.
            AndroidPizza

Comment

ROM for Polaroid PMID920 9" Tablet

Anything that will work on this Tablet? ROM for Polaroid PMID920 9" Tablet? Already rooted.

Comment

Originally posted by AlSat View Post
                Anything that will work on this Tablet? ROM for Polaroid PMID920 9" Tablet? Already rooted.
                Not unless I have the tablet...and not unless I have a stock image for it...so unless someone plans on buying it for me ha ha!

Comment

HELP Needed

Originally posted by AlSat View Post
                  How did you manage to root this thing? I've gotten absolutely no where... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Comment

will any of these work with a8?

The a8 I bought my daughters are so slow and want to find out if I can make these boys faster.

Comment

Originally posted by sanluisari View Post
                      The a8 I bought my daughters are so slow and want to find out if I can make these boys faster.
                      Sadly there is no custom ROMs like Cyanogen or Paranoid for the A8. You can install the modded stock ROM for the A/S8's and it will have Google Play in it as well as have it rooted but that's about it as far as stuff for the A8 goes. One person is working on getting CM11 onto the A8 but it's just him working on it, I'm trying to help but it's slow going with a beginner and a noob (me being the noob).

Comment

Originally posted by Deadphyre View Post
                        Sadly there is no custom ROMs like Cyanogen or Paranoid for the A8. You can install the modded stock ROM for the A/S8's and it will have Google Play in it as well as have it rooted but that's about it as far as stuff for the A8 goes. One person is working on getting CM11 onto the A8 but it's just him working on it, I'm trying to help but it's slow going with a beginner and a noob (me being the noob).
                        thank you for your reply, it really does suck, and I wish I knew more about these stuff to help. If you guys want you can use my a8 as a guinea pig. I already installed the rooted version for the a8 provided by guessyet. I tried to install that memory ram swap, so I can use the sd card as virtual ram. Unfortunately though it says that the kernel is not compatible. I think that just by getting some more ram those babies will be fast enough to actually enjoy them, as they are really really slow and laggy. Honestly it sucks that I bought them what I thought would be a decent tablet and it resulted in me getting them a really shittty tablet

Comment

Why do you think I ended up becoming a ROM developer for the Polaroid Tablets?

Honestly it sucks that I bought them what I thought would be a decent tablet and it resulted in me getting them a really shittty tablet

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
                            Why do you think I ended up becoming a ROM developer for the Polaroid Tablets?
                            well elektrik, I really appreciate people like you, that go out of your way to help clueless people like me. Thank you, and I look forward to trying any roms you might come up with.

Comment

well elektrik, I really appreciate people like you, that go out of your way to help clueless people like me. Thank you, and I look forward to trying any roms you might come up with.
                              np man.

Comment

Droider82

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
                                Devices supported to date:
                                • PTAB7XC***(See NOTE 3 below)
                                • PMID4311
                                • PMID701C/X10
                                • PMID701I 10*(See NOTE 1 below)
                                • PMID701I 13*(See NOTE 1 below)
                                • PMID703C
                                • PTAB7XC**(See NOTE 2 below)
                                • PMID705X***(See NOTE 3 below)
                                • PMID10C***(See NOTE 3 below)
                                • PMID1000D

*NOTE: DO NOT use PMID701C/X10 Elektricity ROM with the PMID 701I 10 *or* the PMID 701I 13. There are special versions for these tablets.

**NOTE: For the PTAB7XC: Confirmed by several folks that the ROM for the PMID703C is in fact 100% compatible with this tablet.

***NOTE: These are experimental builds. They are untested/awaiting testing by users. As soon as it has been verified as stable (testers-please PM me so I know), I will remove the '[EXPERIMENTAL]' tag.

Link: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ew-Location%29

...More as they come...
                                will this work on the polaroid S/8 tablets i already have Root and TWRP recovery and ready for sum flashing im wantin to port the droid razr Hd rom to the polaroid tablets the razr hd rom is very similiar to the S/8 tablet except the parts for the phone if those parts were taken out i believe that it could run on this tablet i dl both roms on my comp and did a side by side comparision and like i said only differences is the phone parts of the rom maybe you could check it out too i never made a rom but have dibbled a lil in customizing things let me know if you could do this [email protected] or anyone else that has experince in building roms the razr hd rom would be a great starting point for building a custom rom for all the polaroid tablets it also has the onscreen home buttons jus check the two out thanks guys hope someone can do this and take these tablets to the next level this tablet has a ton of potential

Comment

Working...
                                X