Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi scooter2014 well thank you for reply i have emailed them again about this that customers feel let down and they keep telling us there is new firmware and updates are comeing but i have told them we dont want to keep telling us this we need them to get together and sort out what needs sorting and stop telling us the same old story so as soon as i hear i will let you all know what there reply is

Comment

well as promised by me i said as soon as i had a response from tronsmart i will keep you posted and they have gave me a what i think is a very reasonable answer so here it is Thanks for your email and feedback.
      Could you use some punctuation marks? I am sorry my English is not too good and it is a little hard to get your points.
      You know the firmware is not what we decide directly, it is partnership of chip supplier, factory engineers, testing people.
      We are working on the new firmware and it will be come out maybe in the end o this month if testing approved.

so lets keep fingers crossed and see if this is the case and if not rest of sured i will be back on their backs again as i will not rest until they at tronsmart and allwinner do as they have promised so many people like i said im new to this and i do not even know how to update my box or do firmware i just do not like people getting promised all sorts and companies not fulfilling their duties to the customers

Comment

I will try on my Draco aw80 Telos and report back. Lately I have had some memory read errors on loading bitmaps off of disk on two separate units. I have bricked 3 units, not understanding why and have seen memory issues crop up on long term testing. The full 4GB of RAM is not utilized it appears. Hope to have some headway on the new firmware. I have 20 of these and hope to get them all working as best as possible.

Comment

hello bob thanks for your work
          can someone test epsxe with very low ( not the lowest ) sound latency and see if its working with high fps
          before and after flashing the rom thanks
          DARK A

Comment

Dont know if you have given up on this project, Bob -

So, I tried to run Amazon Prime Video on this Rm, with a clean boot as well, and no go. - Specifically, it will load amazon video, and when I click on a video to run, it will churn for a few seconds and then spit me back to the video list as if nothing happened.

I was so certain that your rom didnt have anything to do with it. Been trying to freeze Root. That didnt do it. Nothing would make it go with your Rom

Out of frustration, I downloaded and installed rom by Trebor - Draco AW80 A new build found 29.08.2015 android 4.4.2

Placed it on a SD card - and ran it as a startup - installe amazon vide on that and it ran perfectly.

Ideas? Anyone?

Thanks

Comment

Boy I hope someone like Bob will bring a new rom for this box. Has the specs but awful firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart7777 View Post
                Boy I hope someone like Bob will bring a new rom for this box. Has the specs but awful firmware.
                The development is dead on the aw80. I've sent mine back and waiting for a refund.

Comment

Can I just say I have had all the roms you can put on this machine,all good in there own way. Today I re-flashed last stock firmware from Tronsmart, downloaded busybox pro from the play-store, downloaded Krypton from Kodi web site ,popped fusion on it,ran the wizard on it,went into settings-audio changed speakers from 2.0 to 5.1 went into Pheonix picked a random 1080 movie and my eyes and ears are HAPPY.My set-up is all Samsung, reciever is system in a box HT-F6500

Comment

Does anybody know if there is a solution for why the Plex client on this Draco machine running the finless rom won't play all movies? All of my other devices from computer to android tablets to phones to PlayStations will all play basically every movie on my Plex server. But Draco running the finless ROM keeps telling me that it can't play some movies. Is there a way to fix it? What is the cause? Is the finless ROM missing something? Is there a setting that's not setup correctly? Is there a file Association type missing? Why can't it play these videos?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Last edited by etyrnal; 01-01-2017, 23:05.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxlou
                      Can I just say I have had all the roms you can put on this machine,all good in there own way. Today I re-flashed last stock firmware from Tronsmart, downloaded busybox pro from the play-store, downloaded Krypton from Kodi web site ,popped fusion on it,ran the wizard on it,went into settings-audio changed speakers from 2.0 to 5.1 went into Pheonix picked a random 1080 movie and my eyes and ears are HAPPY.My set-up is all Samsung, reciever is system in a box HT-F6500
                      do you use plex at all?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Comment

What is it with this Ram that prevents Plex from being able to play every video type? All the videos all my other Android devices will play using the same version of Plex seem to have difficulty this Draco box with this ROM. Is this ROM missing codex? Or are the links to the normal codex broken? Why is it that the same movies that will not play in Plex on the Draco with this ROM will play on any of my Android phones or any of my other Android tablets?

Comment

@ etyrnal - I think this box time has come and gone. I still nurse mine along as it still has decent wifi and still runs Kodi 16.1. I found a decent Russian Rom about a year ago that runs better than any other roms I tried in the past but It's not running a Plex server.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotdog View Post
                            @ etyrnal - I think this box time has come and gone. I still nurse mine along as it still has decent wifi and still runs Kodi 16.1. I found a decent Russian Rom about a year ago that runs better than any other roms I tried in the past but It's not running a Plex server.
                            what's the best android (with play store) tv box out there that can compare with the power of the draco? ...and that i can run a finless-style rom on?

Comment

Originally posted by Scotdog View Post
                              about the only thing that sucks about me Draco is that plex doesn't seem to be able to access EVERY codec (and i think this is something broken in the ROM), and that when using netflix, the navigation bar won't stay visible long enough to use it easily.

but it does everything else great

Kodi runs great too (but i have kodi pointed to a LAN nfs server for media files). Kodi plays ANY video. But plex's interface is easier to deal with.

Comment

I haven't seen Finless around for sometime now. But absolutely loved his work a few years back. I personally like the Amlogic S912 processors currently. I dig the Alfawise S92 TV Box. Octacore processor 2Gb/16Gb. Gigabit ethernet and good wifi. At last check $55.99 US. Superceleron is creating some fantastic custom roms for this box and other S912 TV Boxes like it. Check out the Superceleron threads if you havent already. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X