Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with the standard Nougat is the added protection and space seperation, on the "disk" as well as for the ram.
    All that meson stuff is making things really complicated if you are used to previous Android versions
    You can convert to a normal device tree blob but for that you need a modified kernel that supports it at least to write the image.
    And that's where (at least for me) things get really complex.
    The installed kernel checks itself, the bootloader and modifications to the system partition to prevent tampering.
    I can convert a Nougat image so it can be used with the existing TWRP but for obvious reasons the flashed rom will cause some troubles.
    IMHO the best option would be to check if TWRP can work with these boxes by using a converted dtb and the current 6.01 kernel.
    All Nougat roms are currently using it although some make use of the 64bit kernel.
    I have no box to test my theory but if you want to try I can convert a dtb for you from a nougat recovery.

Comment

ok

Comment

Which one's good for H96 Pro + 3GB?
        H96 Pro+ 3/16 (CZ-S32-V3(DDR4) Green PCB) | 7.1.2 | SCV4A Android TV | TWRP 3.1|

Comment

If there is none posted then pretty much none...
          You need to match the recovery of the original firmware to make TWRP work.
          That is done by either porting TWRP from a similar device or by compiling it from source code.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
            I added my q20x device folder to the GitHub project, so feel free to experiment.
            How to make a file.img from this ?

Comment

TWRP (S905D) KI Pro DVB-S2/T2/C please

Comment

Originally posted by VS73 View Post
                How to make a file.img from this ?
                Well, it's not for the faint of heart, but check out this thread on XDA.

Comment

Hi Guys :

I have TX3 Pro S905x box and wondering which TWRP would work on it

Thanks in advance

JB

Comment

Originally posted by jbmediabox View Post
                    I have TX3 Pro S905x box and wondering which TWRP would work on it
                    That should be using the p212 reference board, so try this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                      That should be using the p212 reference board, so try this one.
                      Thanks Magendanz , Let me try it.

For some reason i cant go into Recovery mode. I use the toopthpick method and the box freezes on the main logo screen, its not brick though, seems like recovery mode is locked or something , any advise ?

Comment

Originally posted by jbmediabox View Post
                        For some reason i cant go into Recovery mode. I use the toopthpick method and the box freezes on the main logo screen, its not brick though, seems like recovery mode is locked or something , any advise ?
                        Sometimes the button switches get busted (which is understandable if you're poking them frequently with sharp objects). Can you access by typing "reboot recovery" in Terminal Emulator?

If not, then you may have had a corrupted flash or be using an incompatible TWRP recovery image. In general, the p212 TWRP build will work on boxes using that reference board, but not always. The OEM could have made more significant hardware changes.

Comment

Hello,

I have two box H96 Pro+ DDR4 32go and GT1 Beelink Ultimate DDR4 32go
                          I have a backup of my box Bellink GT1 Ultimate and when I do the restore with H96 Pro+, i have an error message "EXTRACT TARFORK () process with error: 255"
                          Do you have a solution for me to recover my backup?

Firmware in H96 Pro+ => [ROMMOD] H96 Pro+ 9377 SCV1-ATV (Android TV) (DDR4)

And Beelink GT1 Ultimate => [ROM] Beelink GT1 Ultimate SCV1 ("Normal" Android) (DDR4)

Beelink GT1 Ultimate DDR4 / 32go

AlfaWise H96 PRO+ DDR4 / 32go

Comment

At this momment i cant find any scrypt or twrp to replace the files on system, this is about root by super su insert the binary file.... the TWRP cant mount system folders. I think is because have any encryptation or any system protection agaist any change.....
                            Attached Files

Comment

At this momment i cant find any scrypt or twrp to replace the files on system, this is about root by super su insert the binary file.... the TWRP cant mount system folders. I think is because have any encryptation or any system protection agaist any change.....
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

TWRP (S905D) KI Pro DVB-S2/T2/C

thanks Pily_W

Comment

Working...
                                X