X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post

No feedback ??
    My beloved wasted time
    sorry I've only just come back to this thread Abdul_pt I will test this asap thanks buddy

Comment

No problem. It works as intended.

if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
      then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
      $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by Methanoid View Post

so cruz1383 did you? What happened?

sorry for the late response but the answer is no it doesnt work. my tronfy IV doesnt even see it on a side note i did get the minix x8-h plus firmware on the tronfy IV with the TWRP recovery on it but it didnt boot up nor did it go into recovery had to go back to the stcok FW.

Comment

so teamwin dropped support for K200 via TWRP yesterday ... Is there any other solution to get a complete setup off one box and flash it to another box? I'm losing my mind over here ...

Comment

Originally posted by cruz1383 View Post

sorry for the late response but the answer is no it doesnt work. my tronfy IV doesnt even see it on a side note i did get the minix x8-h plus firmware on the tronfy IV with the TWRP recovery on it but it didnt boot up nor did it go into recovery had to go back to the stcok FW.
            IIRC... Minix along, with one, or two other OEMs (I forget which), actually lock their Firmwares down.... So SHOCK you can't use Minix Firmware on a non-minix box! durr....

Though I fail to see how that should stop you from using the x8-Plus version of TWRP though... Since it should be otherwise compatible with most other N200 (i.e. other S812 SoC's), to test it all you had (have), to do is to download it, rename it to recovery.img, and then place that on the root of a MicroSD Card. Which you then insert into the Device. And boot the Machine into Recovery Mode. If you done the above correctly. It should at least get you into the TRWP Recovery. Where you can then play test it... WITH A USB MOUSE! Since there really isn't any other input method. To see if it works or no...

Comment

No problem. It works as intended.
              thank you thank you as you said it works great thank you
              may I ask how you open the .img up ?
              I would like to edit the mxq twrp file to do the same if possible
              thanks again abdul
              Last edited by foz; 06-16-2015, 14:17.

Comment

ABDUL!!!!

I'm losing my mind right now! Please excuse the over-enthusiasm here but I can't believe you pulled this off. The worst part? Freaktab stopped emailing me my subscription notifications to this thread so I had NO IDEA you actually implemented this.

I just tested it out quickly and HOLY SH*T IT WORKS!!! It backuped up the internal SD wonderfully and restores it without a hitch.

I've been waiting so long for this kind of functionality man, I seriously owe you big time.

Screw a beer, I want to buy you a case. Please send me a PM when you have a moment. I want to personally thank you as well. This really means a lot.

Thanks Abdul!

I have made some adjustments to the code and tested it, briefly, so feedback is welcome.

What's changed:
                • Backup of Data will backup InternalSD also, it will only skip TWRP and Downloads folder from internalSD.
                • There will be no entry in backup menu for internalSD
                • On restore it will NOT wipe internalSD, but overwrite it. So anything newer/different than the backup will be maintained.

K200 - https://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/am...00_2.8.6.0.img

M8N - https://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/am...8N_2.8.6.0.img

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post

IIRC... Minix along, with one, or two other OEMs (I forget which), actually lock their Firmwares down.... So SHOCK you can't use Minix Firmware on a non-minix box! durr....

Though I fail to see how that should stop you from using the x8-Plus version of TWRP though... Since it should be otherwise compatible with most other N200 (i.e. other S812 SoC's), to test it all you had (have), to do is to download it, rename it to recovery.img, and then place that on the root of a MicroSD Card. Which you then insert into the Device. And boot the Machine into Recovery Mode. If you done the above correctly. It should at least get you into the TRWP Recovery. Where you can then play test it... WITH A USB MOUSE! Since there really isn't any other input method. To see if it works or no...
                  i already tried this and it doesnt even show up ie you cant see it on the stock recovery in order to flash it. this is what i did i got the minix x8-Plus twrp put it on the root of (fat32) sd card and renamed it to recovery it doesnt show up in the stock recovery so i can flash it. also tried to do it with a (fat formated sdcard still a no go )

Comment

Originally posted by cruz1383 View Post
                    i already tried this and it doesnt even show up ie you cant see it on the stock recovery in order to flash it. this is what i did i got the minix x8-Plus twrp put it on the root of (fat32) sd card and renamed it to recovery it doesnt show up in the stock recovery so i can flash it. also tried to do it with a (fat formated sdcard still a no go )
                    The idea is to boot TWRP running from the SDcard, them inside TWRP( if it's OK and you want ) flash it to nand. And it's "recovery.img" that you should rename it.
                    if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Updated K200 and M8N images to v2.8.7.0.

Made a few changes, check OP.

Comment

Originally posted by tvboxguy View Post
                        ABDUL!!!!

I'm losing my mind right now! Please excuse the over-enthusiasm here but I can't believe you pulled this off. The worst part? Freaktab stopped emailing me my subscription notifications to this thread so I had NO IDEA you actually implemented this.

I just tested it out quickly and HOLY SH*T IT WORKS!!! It backuped up the internal SD wonderfully and restores it without a hitch.

I've been waiting so long for this kind of functionality man, I seriously owe you big time.

Screw a beer, I want to buy you a case. Please send me a PM when you have a moment. I want to personally thank you as well. This really means a lot.

Thanks Abdul!

No problem mate.

Sure PM me.

Comment

I appear to have an issue with the M8 Square not loading this from sdcard. Using the latest build, renamed to recovery.img on FAT32 formatted card.

When booting and holding the reset down, it shows the amlogic sign for a few seconds and then reboots but doesn't load TWRP. I can get it to boot to recovery mode on other ROM's and without SD inserted.

Any ideas?

Model no: K200

Build number: KOT49H.20150519 test-keys

Kernel Version:

tanwei@tanwei #5
                          Mon May 4 14:48:56 CST 2015

Comment

Abdul, Thanks for your excellent work on these devices. I ordered a Beelink S82+ and its arriving shortly (I hope). If I look at your OP, you seem to list S82H+ for one of your builds, but not the S82+ .. Going through this thread I found some related posts:

A little reading....

Is this the same TWRP 2.8.5.0 MXIII Plus listed in the OP?

Has anyone tried this yet on the S82+ ?

Is the S82H+ really so different (can't find this online any more but weren't they both s812) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rezil View Post
                              I appear to have an issue with the M8 Square not loading this from sdcard. Using the latest build, renamed to recovery.img on FAT32 formatted card.

When booting and holding the reset down, it shows the amlogic sign for a few seconds and then reboots but doesn't load TWRP. I can get it to boot to recovery mode on other ROM's and without SD inserted.

Any ideas?

Model no: K200

Build number: KOT49H.20150519 test-keys

Kernel Version:

tanwei@tanwei #5
                              Mon May 4 14:48:56 CST 2015
                              Probably the bootloader doesn't support booting recovery from SDcard.

Comment

Originally posted by rapalax View Post
                                Abdul, Thanks for your excellent work on these devices. I ordered a Beelink S82+ and its arriving shortly (I hope). If I look at your OP, you seem to list S82H+ for one of your builds, but not the S82+ .. Going through this thread I found some related posts:

Is this the same TWRP 2.8.5.0 MXIII Plus listed in the OP?

Has anyone tried this yet on the S82+ ?

Is the S82H+ really so different (can't find this online any more but weren't they both s812) ?

I think it was s812, yes.
                                You can try to load it from External SDcard, it's a safe approach.

Comment

Working...
                                X