Clear All

Re-uploaded the mibox2 boot.img and recovery.img

Comment

Originally posted by litan1106 View Post

https://app.box.com/s/ml6v5rjebfy3o606wuvzc8im29f1gsgr
      Did you try the one I posted ?

I don't know if that one was 'the right one' but it said MiBox2 on default.prop

Tapatalked
      if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
      then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
      $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
        Bootloader loop on that one again, I'm afraid. Logs coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by ZimbiX View Post
          Code:
          ruby-2.1.2 in TWRP/  
          › tree
          ├── TWRP_2.8.1.0_X8H_PLUS
          │   ├── Broken
          │   │   ├── last_log
          │   │   ├── minix-x8-h-plus-twrp-logs_TWRP_2.8.1.0_X8H_PLUS.zip
          │   │   └── partitions.log
          │   └── recovery.img
          ├── TWRP_2.8.5.0_X8_X8PLUS_X8H_003FW
          │   ├── Broken
          │   │   ├── last_log
          │   │   └── minix-x8-h-plus-twrp-logs_TWRP_2.8.5.0_X8_X8PLUS_X8H_003FW.zip
          │   └── recovery.img
          └── TWRP_2.8.5.0_X8_X8PLUS_X8H_003FW(2)
              ├── Broken
              │   ├── last_log
              │   └── minix-x8-h-plus-twrp-logs_TWRP_2.8.5.0_X8_X8PLUS_X8H_003FW(2).zip
              └── recovery.img

6 directories, 10 files
          Attached Files

Comment

is there an amlogic MX version , i remember seeing it before think it was the sd card version?

Comment

Did you try the one I posted ?

I don't know if that one was 'the right one' but it said MiBox2 on default.prop

Tapatalked
              The mibox2 pro tv box doesn't have a reset button behind the av hole, so I couldn't update using the recovery.

I tried to use flash_image with su

0|root@dredd:/ # cat /proc/mtd
              tmp-mksh: cat: /proc/mtd: No such file or directory

1|root@dredd:/ # chmod 755 /dev/flash_image
              2|root@dredd:/ # /dev/flash_image recovery /data/recovery.img
              error scanning partitions: No such file or directory

Please help, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ZimbiX View Post
                Remind what version is yours ?

I just confirm this image working OK on a X8-H, so i don't know what's happening.

Tapatalked
                if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Thanks, I got the mibox2 pro edition to flash the recovery.img with

dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery

I noticed the "backup" don't work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mibox21.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	437421Click image for larger version

Name:	mibox22.jpg
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	437422Click image for larger version

Name:	mibox23.jpg
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	437423

Comment

Thanks, I got the mibox2 pro edition to flash the recovery.img with

dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery

I noticed the "backup" don't work.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10775[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10776[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10777[/ATTACH]
                    Can you show me how to modify the twrp recovery.img please ? so I can fix the partitions.

Comment

NO MOUSE PLEASE HELP!!!

Guys I flashed this and was not rooted before hand and now I cannot select a file from my SD card in recovery essentially permalocking my device. Any advice on how to root or fix? Since I dont have root I can't get to the root folder to find the "recovery.img"

Im begging for any help!! I'm trying ADB but not very familiar. ANy help is greatly appreciated!!

Comment

Originally posted by zmanfarlee View Post
                        Guys I flashed this and was not rooted before hand and now I cannot select a file from my SD card in recovery essentially permalocking my device. Any advice on how to root or fix? Since I dont have root I can't get to the root folder to find the "recovery.img"

Im begging for any help!! I'm trying ADB but not very familiar. ANy help is greatly appreciated!!
                        You should backup the partitions before playing with it.

You should tell us about your device.

Comment

Originally posted by zmanfarlee View Post

You should backup the partitions before playing with it.

You should tell us about your device.
                          I dont mind starting from scratch and since there was no mouse I was screwed anyways. That said AND A BIG THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING SO FAST. Took a chance and reset device which I think cleared root file so mouse could work. Then used the file to root a G-Box Q and used root checker to confirm.

I wanted to do a bunch of stuff tonight but got caught on this for two hours. I am a newb that tries to dabble and getting it to work gives me a huge high. Thank you guys for this thread.

So yeah if this happens to you reset box and go forth and conquer.

Seiously thank you for responding I started freaking out then got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dope101 View Post
                            is there an amlogic MX version , i remember seeing it before think it was the sd card version?
                            Check with Daemonium

Comment

Can you show me how to modify the twrp recovery.img please ? so I can fix the partitions.
                              They are standard android images. So split-bootimg.pl and gzip will do the trick, but i don't know if changing partitions mountpoints will make it backup.

Comment

They are standard android images. So split-bootimg.pl and gzip will do the trick, but i don't know if changing partitions mountpoints will make it backup.
                                Thanks for the help. I will try it and post feedback. I posted the mibox2 recovery img on github (unpacked)

Comment

Working...
                                X