Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, recently bought a M8 2gb android box , tried installing TWRP i looked and searched for all info and still cannot install it, so thought will post now, twrp manager from app store doesnt let me get the download its blank but i did read that here, i installed a app called Rashr which let me flash the recovery and it even found older version itself, tthey both flashed fine and requested if i want to boot up in recover to i say yes , the box just reboots as normal, its like there is now way it will boot into recovery ,

anyone help

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt
      Remind what version is yours ?

I just confirm this image working OK on a X8-H, so i don't know what's happening.
      It's an X8-H Plus. Did you mean that, or are they incompatible?

Comment

abdul_pt,

I have been trying to do this on my Amlogic MXIII, 4.4.2, build 112k4, kernel 3.10.33, Oman 1/16/15 without success. Just downloaded your latest file from link immediately above (the TWRP_k200_2.8.6.0.img, renamed it recovery.img, put it on USB, booted box to recovery with reset held & turning button on, waited & got recovery, then selected "update from EXT," then selected "update from udisk." But then it asks me to "choose package to install." The recovery.img is not even showing up. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by ZimbiX View Post

It's an X8-H Plus. Did you mean that, or are they incompatible?
          Can you run the FW of the non plus ?

I will do one for the X8-H Plus.
          if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
          then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
          $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by silvanet View Post
            abdul_pt,

I have been trying to do this on my Amlogic MXIII, 4.4.2, build 112k4, kernel 3.10.33, Oman 1/16/15 without success. Just downloaded your latest file from link immediately above (the TWRP_k200_2.8.6.0.img, renamed it recovery.img, put it on USB, booted box to recovery with reset held & turning button on, waited & got recovery, then selected "update from EXT," then selected "update from udisk." But then it asks me to "choose package to install." The recovery.img is not even showing up. What am I doing wrong?
            Already answer.
            Avoid to spam multiple threads with the same question.
            if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post

Already answer.
              Avoid to spam multiple threads with the same question.
              Really? I've scoured this forum for that "already been answered" and found it NOT. Thanks anyway for being such an ***.

Comment

Maybe you should search on the other thread were you asked the same question.
                And take a chill pill.

Comment

Wow dude chill out if he said it's been answer it probably has.

Comment

Sorry if it`s FAQ but I have problem with TWRP v2.8.1 installed to my ROM.
                    When I tried to flash other ROM I receive error that package is for "m201" and this "s82b".
                    But first is not true. See old build :

# begin build properties
                    # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
                    ro.build.id=KOT49H
                    ro.build.display.id=LiTeBoX v1 by DuaLKiT TeaM
                    ro.build.version.incremental=20141231
                    ro.build.version.sdk=19
                    ro.build.version.codename=REL
                    ro.build.version.release=4.4.2
                    ro.build.date=Wed Dec 31 13:47:04 CST 2014
                    ro.build.date.utc=1420004824
                    ro.build.type=user
                    ro.build.user=DuaLKiT
                    ro.build.host=ubuntu
                    ro.build.tags=test-keys
                    ro.product.model=MXQ
                    ro.product.brand=MBX
                    ro.product.name=m201
                    ro.product.device=m201
                    ro.product.board=m201
                    ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
                    ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
                    ro.product.manufacturer=MBX

and new build :
                    # begin build properties
                    # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
                    ro.build.id=KOT49H
                    ro.build.display.id=KOT49H.20150324 test-keys
                    ro.build.version.incremental=20150324
                    ro.build.version.sdk=19
                    ro.build.version.codename=REL
                    ro.build.version.release=4.4.2
                    ro.build.date=Tue Mar 24 18:37:38 CST 2015
                    ro.build.date.utc=1427193458
                    ro.build.type=user
                    ro.build.user=ly
                    ro.build.host=ubuntu
                    ro.build.tags=test-keys
                    ro.product.model=MXQ
                    ro.product.brand=MBX
                    ro.product.name=m201
                    ro.product.device=m201
                    ro.product.board=m201
                    ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
                    ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
                    ro.product.manufacturer=MBX

Why TWRP decide that it`s different device ???
                    And second : Why you check it ? It`s my responsibility to flash right ROM and you not need make new problems for user. Maximum add to settings "ignore check it" and 'toggle signature verification" as in CWM

Comment

On newer versions i have changed device id to k200. What device do you have ? I don't recall having made a TWRP for the MXQ.

That check is made by the update-script inside the flashable zip, I DID NOT MAKE IT CHECK. And "toggle signature verification" is there but it's not related to this.

Just delete the assert in update-script or use a newer version.

Comment

As I understand you create for each device different version ? And if TWRP created for S82B it can`t work in other device ??? my device MXQ version m201 and some people made ROM with installed TWRP for S82b. Now each time I go to recovery it run TWRP that decline to update other ROM.
                        What a newer version I need to use if you not made it for MXQ ? And where is update-script exist ?

Comment

There is a property that defines the device model, i build for the k200, modifications to my version must include a change on this property to avoid this type of problems.

I already said that was inside the flashable zip. In the very first lines there's an assert condition.
                          But you should really use a newer version, check Daemonium thread in the subforum for other s805 devices.

Comment

Is there something like this for MXQ or M8 ?

Comment

I have MXQ (m201) and I got version for TV100 and it work.
                              And file I have is recovery.img so no "flashable zip" and can`t edit it...

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post

I'm guessing no, but placing it on ExternalSD is a safe way to try and report back your findings.
                                so cruz1383 did you? What happened?

Comment

Working...
                                X