Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or better yet is not to Wipe internal SDcard.

Of course you could work around it that my creating a script, ORS or Shell, to backup that particular folder
    if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
    then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
    $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
      Or better yet is not to Wipe internal SDcard.

Of course you could work around it that my creating a script, ORS or Shell, to backup that particular folder
      To be fair I only run into this "problem" when restoring my Nandroid Backup from TWRP, which never backed that One Directory up..
      Not, that I'm whining about this. 'Cause I'm not. All I ever wanted from a Nandroid Recovery, was the ability to retain my unique Device ID's so as to NOT keep spamming New Devices (i.e. The same "Device" over, and over again), in Google Play Music, and, to this end I'll be forever thankful.

Comment

It doesn't see the following partitions (taken from log) on the mxiii plus

Unable to find partition size for '/bootloader' '/bootenv' '/logo' '/misc' '/recovery' '/boot'

Trying to back up boot, for example, gives the following error

Backup size for '(backup folder name and path)//boot.emmc.win is 0 bytes

It does however see the system, data and cache partitions, and appears to back them up.
        Last edited by Haffoc; 05-01-2015, 17:08.

Comment

Hey Abdul,

Much thanks for all of your hard work on this. With 2.8.5.0 I noticed the ability to backup "Internal SD". I'm just wondering if this feature is supposed to be working? As it stand, when I choose Internal SD (along with boot, system, data, etc.) it appears to be backing up that partition during the status log, but when I go to restore the backup, internal SD does not appear to be available as a resource. Also while backing up, my total back size as reported in the status log is around 1.7GB but the final backup folder is only about 1GB. It looks like the internal SD backup isnt being processed correctly.

I'm currently running 2.8.5.0 for M8N (2.8.6.0 didnt seem to work). And my device is an M8N.

Can you confirm if this is normal behaviour? If so, do you think we could see the backup and restore of the internal SD partition any time soon?

Thanks again for all of your work on this!

Comment

Originally posted by tvboxguy View Post
            Hey Abdul,

Much thanks for all of your hard work on this. With 2.8.5.0 I noticed the ability to backup "Internal SD". I'm just wondering if this feature is supposed to be working? As it stand, when I choose Internal SD (along with boot, system, data, etc.) it appears to be backing up that partition during the status log, but when I go to restore the backup, internal SD does not appear to be available as a resource. Also while backing up, my total back size as reported in the status log is around 1.7GB but the final backup folder is only about 1GB. It looks like the internal SD backup isnt being processed correctly.

I'm currently running 2.8.5.0 for M8N (2.8.6.0 didnt seem to work). And my device is an M8N.

Can you confirm if this is normal behaviour? If so, do you think we could see the backup and restore of the internal SD partition any time soon?

Thanks again for all of your work on this!
            Confirmed.
            I did a backup and restore and the Android folder wasn't restore. Backup of SDcard will never happen but i will look on the backup of the Android folder.
            if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Confirmed.
              I did a backup and restore and the Android folder wasn't restore. Backup of SDcard will never happen but i will look on the backup of the Android folder.
              Thanks for confirming this.
              Backing up the Android folder would be absolutely incredible!

Please keep us updated if you're able to bring this to light. I'd be more than happy to buy you some beers for making it happen!

Comment

I have made some adjustments to the code and tested it, briefly, so feedback is welcome.

What's changed:
                • Backup of Data will backup InternalSD also, it will only skip TWRP and Downloads folder from internalSD.
                • There will be no entry in backup menu for internalSD
                • On restore it will NOT wipe internalSD, but overwrite it. So anything newer/different than the backup will be maintained.

K200 - https://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/am...00_2.8.6.0.img

M8N - https://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/am...8N_2.8.6.0.img

Comment

Is it possible you could add your github or other source repository to the original main post for TWRP as I'd like to build for the MK808B+ and make some changes to hopefully improve that platform.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

K200 is official supported by TWRP. I took the extra effort just for that, so device tree is on Github.

Comment

is this compatible with the n200 boxes with the s812 chip like the tronfy MXIV thanks for your help

Comment

I have made some adjustments to the code and tested it, briefly, so feedback is welcome.

What's changed:
                        • Backup of Data will backup InternalSD also, it will only skip TWRP and Downloads folder from internalSD.
                        • There will be no entry in backup menu for internalSD
                        • On restore it will NOT wipe internalSD, but overwrite it. So anything newer/different than the backup will be maintained.

K200 - https://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/am...00_2.8.6.0.img

M8N - https://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/am...8N_2.8.6.0.img

No feedback ??
                        My beloved wasted time

Comment

Originally posted by cruz1383 View Post
                          is this compatible with the n200 boxes with the s812 chip like the tronfy MXIV thanks for your help
                          I'm guessing no, but placing it on ExternalSD is a safe way to try and report back your findings.

Comment

Hi abdul/forum members,

I joined the forum today as I think I have made a mistake but I don't think it's too serious, hopefully! I have a Minix X8-H Plus, which I had already installed TWRP_2.8.1.0_X8H_PLUS.zip on, and everything was working fine but the TWRP image was very small on my TV and so I wanted to try and get it full screen. I found this thread and was hoping I could install 'TWRP 2.8.5.0 Minix X8, X8-H X8PLUS - Release 003' and get full screen TWRP. This may have been a mistake as it may not be compatible with the X8-H Plus? I thought that, as an Amlogic device, I would give it a try.

The download was an .img file, obviously, so I zipped it up, put it on my External SD Card and tried to install via TWRP. It failed (I can't remember the exact error) so I tried to reboot to TWRP but it went straight to the OS. I used my rebooter to try and get to recovery but, again, it skipped that and went through to the OS again, as though my original recovery was damaged/lost/deleted. Do you have any idea what I can do to get any kind recovery back? I have the original TWRP_2.8.1.0_X8H_PLUS.zip obviously, but I can't get back into recovery to flash it so, can I get your TWRP 2.8.5.0 Minix X8, X8-H X8PLUS - Release 003 on my X8-H Plus at all?

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Ok I've got my TWRP recovery back again and all seems to be working well. I had a stock X8-H Plus which I just updated to FW 004 manually. Can I use any of abdul's TWRP's on my box? Or any of the themes at least to get full screen? It's not a big thing but, once I start trying to do something, I like to try and get it done if it's possible. Once again, any help would be great.

Edit 2: Ok, I just decided to try to install the 1080p zip and it seems to be working so that's another item ticked off! I just need to know whether I can use TWRP 2.8.5.0 Minix X8, X8-H X8PLUS - Release 003 on my minix.

Thanks
                            Last edited by garg0n; 05-14-2015, 19:07.

Comment

I don't think it will work, since it isn't for the X8-H Plus.

Comment

I don't think it will work, since it isn't for the X8-H Plus.

Cool, thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
                                X