X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sent you a link via pm Abdul_pt

Comment

Try this ones
      In case anything needs correction, report back with recovery.log and the output of 'cat proc/partitions' and 'ls -l -R dev/block'
      if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
      then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
      $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

yes http://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/aml...8Plus_emmc.img worked mate

thanks Abdul
        Last edited by foz; 08-05-2015, 08:58.

Comment

abdul_pt

Thank you for your work.

You have listed TWRP 2.8.7.0 MXQ - Not verified

I understand that it is not verified but my question is if you are talking about MQX box with red & on/off button or the all Black MXQ or both?

I have all black MXQ and was hoping to try TWRP.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
            abdul_pt

Thank you for your work.

You have listed TWRP 2.8.7.0 MXQ - Not verified

I understand that it is not verified but my question is if you are talking about MQX box with red & on/off button or the all Black MXQ or both?

I have all black MXQ and was hoping to try TWRP.
            I have no idea.

But testing for ExternalSD is pretty harmless.
            if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post

I have no idea.

But testing for ExternalSD is pretty harmless.
              I went ahead and installed it and I have never really used this before but I believe it is working.

I did a backup in TWRP

I did a factory reset.

I did a restore in TWRP.

and the above worked for me.

I have an all black MXQ.

Original box remote does not work. I used a wireless mouse and that worked.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post

I went ahead and installed it and I have never really used this before but I believe it is working.

I did a backup in TWRP

I did a factory reset.

I did a restore in TWRP.

and the above worked for me.

I have an all black MXQ.

Original box remote does not work. I used a wireless mouse and that worked.

Thank you for the feedback.

Comment

Hello!
                  I have installed Lollipop firmware on mine and have added a new remote.conf in order to have more buttons working with a Logitech Harmony remote.

But now, I would like to root the ROM by installing TWRP.
                  I have copied the recovery (TWRP 2.8.7.0 N200 emmc and TWRP 2.8.7.0 MXIII 1G​) at the root level of a µSDcard and rename it 'recovery.img' and try to reboot the box but no chance to boot in TWRP :??:
                  Is something special to do to get working the recovery?

Even the command 'adb reboot recovery' is not working

Many thanks in advance!

Edit: I have tried to adb shell the box and tried the command 'dd if=/path-to-recovery/recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery ;sync;sync' but no luck...

Comment

However is making the FW, most likely Netxeon, is making things worse. They are removing the ability to boot recovery from ExternalSD, and making ADB shell not run has root, they are doing this in a number of devices.

Maybe use a custom FW where this things might be fixed.

I currently don't have any Amlogic device, so don't expect much.

Comment

Problem solved! I have used the only recovery I hadn't try: the "k200-emmc"
                      Copied on a sdcard and renamed it to "recovery.img" and rebooted the box.
                      I have permanently installed it with the "dd" command!

Thanks for your recoveries Abdul!

Comment

So I made a TWRP backup of an MXQ S805 tv box. Flashed a rom and buggered the device. So no I'm trying to restore in TWRP but I get these messages. It seems I dont have a partition table anymore? How can I restore that?

Block device not present. Cannot wipe System.

I dont have /data /system or /cache partitions.

Thanks in advance for any help with this brick.
                        JM

Comment

Try to flash the stock rom using External SD and stock recovery.

Comment

which twrp is for the m8s Abdul_pt ? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                              Try to flash the stock rom using External SD and stock recovery.
                              Hi Abdul. Yes I have tried restoring stock and other roms. While I can boot into recovery, all fail with:

Cant mount /data (and /system and /cache)
                              Format failed
                              Wipe Failed
                              etc etc

Seems as if I have no partition table on internal sd!

Comment

Hi Abdul, is the theTWRP 2.8.7.0 N200 correct version for the m8s? it wont let me back up to the sdcard its reads external sd 0mb.

Comment

Working...
                                X