Comment

Try this one - http://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/aml...7.0_ST6B3C.img

If something isn't right i need the output of
      Code:
      cat proc/partitions
      and
      Code:
      ls -l -R /dev/block
      if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
      then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
      $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Thanks,will test it now.

Is it possible for TWRP to replaced factory recovery options,to be implementet on stock FW.

When i install it for the first time, i must to see my factory recovery option and then to go for "aply update from ext" or first i must to see TWRP menu?If i go update from ext and go for SD card ,it can not see your file.I test it with MK808b+ and all is the same.

Here are outputs for you:Thanks in advance.
        https://drive.google.com/folderview?...0U&usp=sharing
        Last edited by plasma; 10-02-2015, 11:57.
        Free 100Gb space for your files:
        https://degoo.com/g/Ov7nAz0

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
          Thanks,will test it now.

Is it possible for TWRP to replaced factory recovery options,to be implementet on stock FW.

When i install it for the first time, i must to see my factory recovery option and then to go for "aply update from ext" or first i must to see TWRP menu?If i go update from ext and go for SD card ,it can not see your file.I test it with MK808b+ and all is the same.

Here are outputs for you:Thanks in advance.
          https://drive.google.com/folderview?...0U&usp=sharing
          Yes, TWRP can replace stock recovery.

Install method:

- Download your image and rename to recovery.img

- Copy the image to your External SD, and boot while pressing the reset button. On TWRP screen select install->images pick recovery.img

Alternative method

- adb shell 'dd if=/path/to/recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery ;sync;sync'
          Did you do any of the above ?

Those files are of no use.Do 'adb shell cat proc/partitions > partitions.txt' and the same for the other command but change the partitions.txt to block.txt. Then upload those two files that should exist on the folder where you opened the terminal window.
          if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
          then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
          $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

I can not execute this commands:adb shell cat proc/partitions > partitions.txt' and second one.There is massage "read only file system.

I test just the this method and i get only my stock recovery screen

install method:

- Download your image and rename to recovery.img

- Copy the image to your External SD, and boot while pressing the reset button. On TWRP screen select install->images pick recovery.img
            Free 100Gb space for your files:
            https://degoo.com/g/Ov7nAz0

Comment

Hi,

Is there a TWRP version for Amlogic s812 M10 box?

thnx!

Comment

hy i just order this android tv box and want to know witch file i need to used to install twrp. YCCTEAM MXIII-G S812 Android 4.4 TV Box, DDR3 2GB + Onboard eMMC Flash 8GB, Support KODI 14.1, UHD 4K×2K, Full HD 1080P, HEVC H.265, Dual Wifi, Bluetooth 4.0

Amazon.com: YCCTEAM MXIII-G S812 Android 4.4 TV Box, DDR3 2GB + Onboard eMMC Flash 8GB, Support KODI 14.1, UHD 4K×2K, Full HD 1080P, HEVC H.265, Dual Wifi, Bluetooth 4.0: Electronics

Comment

Hello to all members.

@abdul_pt

I tried 2.8.7.0 on Minix X-8H and although it goes to TWRP, it doesn't see any of the folders I have on the sdcard. I renamed your recovery to recover.img and I put on the sdcard.
                  Could you please look into this. Also do you have links for the older ones to try ?
                  Last edited by spykos; 10-21-2015, 18:56.

Comment

I believe the post your looking for is on the previous page.

Originally posted by hidroela View Post
                    hy i just order this android tv box and want to know witch file i need to used to install twrp. YCCTEAM MXIII-G S812 Android 4.4 TV Box, DDR3 2GB + Onboard eMMC Flash 8GB, Support KODI 14.1, UHD 4K×2K, Full HD 1080P, HEVC H.265, Dual Wifi, Bluetooth 4.0

Originally posted by marko33 View Post
                    ok Abdul just tried the K200 version and now the external sd is visible, have just made a full backup to external sd. Anyone with MXIII-G s812 2gb 8gb Lollipop 5.1.1 factory firmware (unbranded MXIII Plus) needs to use this version
                    http://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/aml..._K200_emmc.img

Read More at : freaktab.comhttp://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/16228-twrp-for-amlogic-devices/page49

Comment

Hello... I have 2 Otto square boxes .One is Otto M8 and the other is Otto M8s..im confused on witch type of twrp i must flash for each one...can anyone just tell me this?

Comment

I have some issues with N200 TWRP. I can boot into stock recovery fine.
                        I tried flashing both of these:
                        TWRP_2.8.7.0_N200.img
                        TWRP_2.8.7.0_N200_emmc.img

And none of them booted into the recovery, the screen was black for a few seconds and then it restarted and then Android loaded.

I'm not sure why they are not working, is there anything you can do to help me?

Comment

Originally posted by Notex View Post
                          I have some issues with N200 TWRP. I can boot into stock recovery fine.
                          I tried flashing both of these:
                          TWRP_2.8.7.0_N200.img
                          TWRP_2.8.7.0_N200_emmc.img

And none of them booted into the recovery, the screen was black for a few seconds and then it restarted and then Android loaded.

I'm not sure why they are not working, is there anything you can do to help me?
                          I flashed twrp 2.8.5 MXIII plus on my m8s s812 amlogic device and everything is working perfect

Comment

Originally posted by dincis1 View Post
                            I flashed twrp 2.8.5 MXIII plus on my m8s s812 amlogic device and everything is working perfect
                            Alright I'll try flashing that, I'll edit this post if it works or not.

Edit: Thanks after flashing that .img file instead, it worked!
                            Last edited by Notex; 11-01-2015, 09:40.

Comment

Hi, I have a ilinkbrand MXIII (MX3 S) with the same specs as the MXIII. I want to install TWRP recovery on my device, but I'm not to sure what I version I have. On the box it says 2gb of ram but when I run Cpu-z apk, it says it's the 1gb version. (about 1.5gb) all other specs from the first post line up with mine, I have included some pics of what I mean. Hope someone can help thanks.
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Hello, abdul_pt

I have big trouble with M8 TV Box - got brick, please help me!
                                I used "TWRP_2.8.7.0_K200.img" (Size: 11 074 904 - in Total Commander)

After one of the attempts in TWRP of transfer partitions from one model "M8 TV Box" to another model (from PCB "M8 V5_0" to PCB "M9&M8_V0.92") i did "Advanced Wipe": Dalvik Cache / Cache / System / Data / Internal Storage.
                                After that i did "Restore Partitions": Bootloader / Logo / Recovery / Boot / System.
                                After rebooting M8 Box a got black screen, nothing happens, got bricked device.

Any attempts to flash from SD-card firmwares for any models "M8 TV Box" do not succeed, each time at the end it loads "Stock Recovery" from SD-card with errors about "Cache" partition, it is missing. Also missing all other partitions. Recovery of partitions via TWRP do not succeed.

At this stage, i have had normal partitions "bootloader" and "ubootenv" in M8 box memory.
                                my commands via ADB Shell:

cat /proc/partitions
                                major minor #blocks name
                                31 0 1024 mtdblock0
                                31 1 64 mtdblock1
                                179 0 15440896 mmcblk0
                                179 1 15422400 mmcblk0p1
                                that all, and nothing else partitions

cat /proc/mtd
                                dev: size erasesize name
                                mtd0: 00100000 00001000 "bootloader"
                                mtd1: 00010000 00001000 "ubootenv"

but after my attempts to flash some IMG firmwares of potentially compatible S802 models, via USB-OTG using "USB Burning Tool" with option "Erase Flash" > "Force Erase All", it broke my partitions "bootloader" and "ubootenv", and unfortunately any attempts to flash firmware via "USB Burning Tool" stuck at 4% of progress, after formatting command, with error "disk_initial failed" / "[0x32030202]disk_initial command return error value".
                                I also tried to short NAND pins (29+30 for my model) but it did not help.

i can start now my M8 TV Box only from booting SD-card with hidden loader made by program "BootcardMaker". I still can load TWRP, can control box via ADB Shell, can try flash it via "USB Burning Tool". But i still can not recovery any firmware because of all my partitions are broken/lost.

=============================================
                                So what i have now in ADB Shell in my bricked "M8 TV Box" PCB "M9&M8_V0.92":

cat /proc/partitions
                                major minor #blocks name
                                179 0 7777280 mmcblk0
                                179 1 7759395 mmcblk0p1

cat /proc/mtd
                                dev: size erasesize name

df
                                Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
                                tmpfs 818672 128 818544 0% /dev
                                tmpfs 818672 20 818652 0% /tmp
                                /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 7755296 447072 7308224 6% /external_sd

ls -l -R /dev/block
                                /dev/block:
                                __bionic_open_tzdata: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for localtime!
                                __bionic_open_tzdata: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for GMT!
                                __bionic_open_tzdata: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for posixrules!
                                brw------- root root 7, 0 2026-11-03 09:04 loop0
                                brw------- root root 7, 1 2026-11-03 09:04 loop1
                                brw------- root root 7, 2 2026-11-03 09:04 loop2
                                brw------- root root 7, 3 2026-11-03 09:04 loop3
                                brw------- root root 7, 4 2026-11-03 09:04 loop4
                                brw------- root root 7, 5 2026-11-03 09:04 loop5
                                brw------- root root 7, 6 2026-11-03 09:04 loop6
                                brw------- root root 7, 7 2026-11-03 09:04 loop7
                                brw------- root root 179, 0 2026-11-03 09:04 mmcblk0
                                brw------- root root 179, 1 2026-11-03 09:04 mmcblk0p1
                                drwxr-xr-x root root 2026-11-03 09:04 platform
                                brw------- root root 253, 0 2026-11-03 09:04 zram0

/dev/block/platform:
                                drwxr-xr-x root root 2026-11-03 09:04 aml_sdio.0

/dev/block/platform/aml_sdio.0:
                                drwxr-xr-x root root 2026-11-03 09:04 by-num
                                lrwxrwxrwx root root 2026-11-03 09:04 mmcblk0 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0
                                lrwxrwxrwx root root 2026-11-03 09:04 mmcblk0p1 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p1

/dev/block/platform/aml_sdio.0/by-num:
                                lrwxrwxrwx root root 2026-11-03 09:04 p1 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p1

=============================================

i want to manually recreate all blank stock partitions via ADB Shell using SGDISK as written there:
                                http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1605664
                                http://ram.kossboss.com/writing-new-...nd-sfdisk-mbr/
                                and after that i will try restore firmware of some methods:
                                - flash via "USB Burning Tool" from IMG image
                                - install from SD-card ZIP-firmware
                                - recovery via ADB Shell from IMG partitions backups (i made them earlier from normal "M8 TV Box" PCB "M9&M8_V0.92")
                                - recovery via TWRP from partitions backups (i made them earlier from normal "M8 TV Box" PCB "M9&M8_V0.92")

i have logs from ADB Shell commands from normal "M8 TV Box" PCB "M9&M8_V0.92":
                                cat /proc/partitions
                                cat proc/mtd
                                cat proc/ntd
                                cat /proc/mounts
                                ls -l -R dev/block
                                (and can send it to you PM or publish it in that public forum topic - depends from what variant you prefer)

But i don't know which exactly commands i must make via "SGDISK" for recreate needed partitions.
                                It should be something like:

/sdcard # ./sgdisk /dev/block/mmcblk0 -a 256 -n 1:256:511 -n 0:0:1023 -n 0:0:31743 -n 0:0:65535 -n 0:0:163839 -n 0:0:262143 -n 0:0:1019903 -n 0:0:2273279 -n 0:0:3145727 -n 0:0:+12G -n 0:0:0

But i don't know what exactly parameters of that command needed for my M8 Box, so abdul_pt please help me to unbrick my "M8 TV Box", and also if someone else knows about it and can help me, i'll be very grateful.

gptfdisk (gdisk + sgdisk)

for Android compiled:

[SOURCE] sgdisk and gptfdisk for android
                                http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1605535
                                Last edited by Zybex74; 11-03-2015, 20:37.

Comment

Working...
                                X