X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foz View Post
    which twrp is for the m8s Abdul_pt ? thanks
    Try both of the n200.
    If that doesn't work, give me a link to the FW.
    if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
    then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
    $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Witch TWRP did you use ?

Try to make a SDcard with uboot, and with stock Rom to flash.
      if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Can anyone please help me on rooting my OTT M8S TV BOX ? Any link ?

Thanks

Comment

Do you have a working TWRP ? If yes flash SuperSU.zip.

Else upload stock recovery

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
            Do you have a working TWRP ? If yes flash SuperSU.zip.

Else upload stock recovery
            Thanks Abdul, I rooted with s8xx_root_udate.zip and it works. I want to flash your TWRP, but first trying to find the stock flashable 4.4.2 firmware for my OTT M8S S12 so that in case I mess it, I can always come back to stock. Till now, no success. I asked China supplier from whom I purchased this, he is also unable to provide the firmware. If you know any reliable link, please share with me.

Thanks

Comment

Is there an working version for MXIII-G. I've tried "TWRP 2.8.7.0 N200 emmc" and it boots to TWRP from usb, but it gives errors like "unable to find partition size" for like all partitions (boot, recovery, bootloader, misc, etc....). Thanks, awesome work

Comment

Originally posted by wietje91 View Post
                Is there an working version for MXIII-G. I've tried "TWRP 2.8.7.0 N200 emmc" and it boots to TWRP from usb, but it gives errors like "unable to find partition size" for like all partitions (boot, recovery, bootloader, misc, etc....). Thanks, awesome work
                Try the other version. And read OP.

Comment

Originally posted by gurung_vishwas1 View Post
                  Thanks Abdul, I rooted with s8xx_root_udate.zip and it works. I want to flash your TWRP, but first trying to find the stock flashable 4.4.2 firmware for my OTT M8S S12 so that in case I mess it, I can always come back to stock. Till now, no success. I asked China supplier from whom I purchased this, he is also unable to provide the firmware. If you know any reliable link, please share with me.

Thanks
                  No sorry.

Comment

I have the OTT MXQ S805.

I am trying to install TWRP 2.8.7.0 MXQ - Confirmed - MXQ all black/
                    with no success. Fails every time.

I am 100% certain I have the right file for my box.

Anyone?

Comment

No much info to help you.

How are trying to install it ?
                      What error, if any, appears ? recovery.log if it exists

Comment

Hi, I tried the TWRP_2.8.7.0_MK808b+.img on my device via sdcard and the screen is mostly overlapping and flickering and incorrect size. Same happens with themes no matter what resolution ... Same effect on 3 different TV's, I have not more to try, Please help ... Thanks

[edit]
                        Ok, I discovered setting the display options in the system itself also affects TWRP's resolution, Turned of HDMI-Auto Detect and set mode to 720p under display, works a charm
                        [/edit]
                        Last edited by Nuubie2; 09-09-2015, 04:13. Reason: Updated Information

Comment

Strange, but as long it works ok

Comment

Hi to all.

I'm a noob: what's the right Twrp version for beelink s82 plus (amlogic s812)? Where can I find the instructions to flash Twrp only (not the firmware)? The install method in first page don't work to me.

Many thanks.

Comment

TWRP 2.8.7.0 X8H Plus
                              GUI crashes / freezes on "reboot", see attachment.
                              I have to use ADB to reboot the device.

PS: I can't find the device tree on Github or somewhere else, can you please provide a link to the source.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by vel2000 View Post
                                TWRP 2.8.7.0 X8H Plus
                                GUI crashes / freezes on "reboot", see attachment.
                                I have to use ADB to reboot the device.

PS: I can't find the device tree on Github or somewhere else, can you please provide a link to the source.
                                Can you post the output of
                                Code:
                                cat proc/partitions
                                and
                                Code:
                                ls -l -R dev/block

Device tree is on TeamWin repository. Some updates might be in order
                                Contribute to TeamWin/android_device_amlogic_k200 development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Working...
                                X