Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have "TWRP" installed but can not remember how to access it!

How do I access the "TWRP" or "Stock Recovery" during the BOOT using a mouse or keyboard?

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post

Sorry, this device doesn't have any possibility to flash something from img. It is supported zip (with factory_update_param.aml ) or img for USB Burning tool. I have tried to import this file to USB burning tootl, but it is failed with message "Parse burning image file fail". Is it possible to arrange this image as zip file or a an image for USB Burning tool?

Comment

Originally posted by sigma View Post

Sorry, this device doesn't have any possibility to flash something from img. It is supported zip (with factory_update_param.aml ) or img for USB Burning tool. I have tried to import this file to USB burning tootl, but it is failed with message "Parse burning image file fail". Is it possible to arrange this image as zip file or a an image for USB Burning tool?
        Did try to boot it from External SD ?
        if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
        then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
        $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by litan1106 View Post

Thank you, I managed to unpack and repack img successfully with the Android Kitchen Tool

How do I manually edit the official twrp k200 img for my device? Do I need to replace with my kernel?
          Any progress for MiBox2? I'm interested to get involved in building the recovery as well.

Comment

Did try to boot it from External SD ?

Yes, I have booted to this recovery from SD. And it's worked. But when I reboot the system (in recovery mode) without SD, I have got the factory recovery. Then, I have boot to TWRP again and try to flash this image: Install - select file - flash recovery. And I have an error: Unable to find partition size for /recovery. Is it possible, to flash this TWRP permanently?

Comment

1) Get a MicroSD Card.. (If need be make sure its formatted to FAT32...)
              2) Coppy the k200.img File to this MicroSD Card
              3) Press "F2", or Right Click -> Rename... And rename k200.img to recovery.img VERY IMPORTANT!
              4) Get a Q-Tip or some other bit of Plastic / Papery thing, and jam it up the AV Port till you hit the Reset Switch (you should fell it depressing!)
              5) Hold this Reset Switch, down and power up the MXIII.
              6) I guess this bit is mostly up to your Box...
              At the Google TV Screen... Release the Reset Switch... The screen then should turn red momentarily, then land you at the TWRP Interface.... (YOU WILL NEED A MOUSE FROM THIS POINT ON!)
              On the chance that the MXIII does continue booting into Android.... And, not into the Recovery Mode, then you have to keep depressing the Reset Switch for as long as it takes for the MXIII to enter the Recovery Mode... I've personally seen such a Box, my Fathers MXIII does this. I guess it might be a clone? I have no idea.

Comment

Yes, I have booted to this recovery from SD. And it's worked. But when I reboot the system (in recovery mode) without SD, I have got the factory recovery. Then, I have boot to TWRP again and try to flash this image: Install - select file - flash recovery. And I have an error: Unable to find partition size for /recovery. Is it possible, to flash this TWRP permanently?
                Copy the image to Internal SD
                Open terminal window or adb shell and do
                dd if=/path/to/image of=/dev/block/recovery
                sync;sync
                Now you can reboot to recovery to test
                A little reading....
                if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Updated k200 image to 2.8.6.0 check OP

Comment

Updated k200 image to 2.8.6.0 check OP
                    Change log?!

Comment

Here - http://twrp.me/site/update/2015/03/2...-released.html

Tapatalked

Comment

Thanks... Just outta interest you don't have access to Amlogic's Lollipop Code do you?

Comment

thank you very much for this just a noob question..
                          I have run this on mxiii from sd card and backed up everything I could
                          but when I restored it did not restore the spmc/setting/backup in spmc kodi
                          is there anyway for this to back up my current kodi settings as well?
                          thanks in advance
                          foz

Comment

Originally posted by foz View Post
                            thank you very much for this just a noob question..
                            I have run this on mxiii from sd card and backed up everything I could
                            but when I restored it did not restore the spmc/setting/backup in spmc kodi
                            is there anyway for this to back up my current kodi settings as well?
                            thanks in advance
                            foz
                            Known Issue I don't think TWRP is able to backup /data i.e. XBMC/Kodi Addons. You'll just have to reinstall 'em all again.
                            OTOH, as long as you use this Backup, and install newer stuff over it. You shouldn't have any problems with Google Play Music as, such.
                            Which is what I use TWRP mostly for. Since if you don't, and you use it (Google Play Music), it can, and will slowly nibble away all 10 of your Active Devices.
                            And, Google has since limited such deactivations to only Four per Year!

So if you want to "test" some ROMs out, Custom or otherwise... You'll need this as a Google Play Music user.
                            Otherwise having to reinstall all trhe XBMC/Kodi crap is small change

I think you can use ADB, (Which you'll need to install on your PC), to do a more complete /data Backup... Though this IS NOT a Nandroid backup.
                            But, I guess TWRP (Nandroid) + ADB (/data), would be the ideal backup method though.

If you're interested in ADB Backup... (and its possibly involved...), you can go HERE: to find out more...

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post

Known Issue I don't think TWRP is able to backup /data i.e. XBMC/Kodi Addons. You'll just have to reinstall 'em all again.
                              No that's wrong, TWRP is absolutely able to backup /data, otherwise it would be more than useless.
                              BUT: The XBMC/Kodi Addons / Settings are NOT stored in /data, but usually in:

"/storage/emulated/legacy/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi"
                              or
                              "/storage/emulated/legacy/Android/data/hk.minix.xbmc/files/.xbmc"

Just backup this folder and copy the files back after you've reinstalled XBMC/Kodi.

Comment

Originally posted by vel2000 View Post

No that's wrong, TWRP is absolutely able to backup /data, otherwise it would be more than useless.
                                BUT: The XBMC/Kodi Addons / Settings are NOT stored in /data, but usually in:

"/storage/emulated/legacy/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi"
                                or
                                "/storage/emulated/legacy/Android/data/hk.minix.xbmc/files/.xbmc"

Just backup this folder and copy the files back after you've reinstalled XBMC/Kodi.

thx for the heads up!

Comment

Working...
                                X