Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any way you can make an updated v2.8.5.0 build for MK808B Plus? I would like the new keyboard support but when I use the kernel for finless's TWRP on a TV110 (similar hardware) build everything works except adb.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post
      I think I may have found your "Problem"... The fact that I've never even heard of a G-Box Q, kinda leads me to the conclusion that your "Device" is sadly not supported.... Yet? Kinda reminds me of where I was ~ca October last Year when I tried to install the ENY8 version of TWRP (under some delusion), that it could've worked on my 1G/8G MXIII. Which not having not knowing any better left me in a softbricked state. Till I was able to reflash 109k4 though the USB BURNER TOOL. Sadly kinda defeating the purpose of wanting TWRP in the first place.

Now that the K200 version of TWRP is out... Still have to test it... I'm about 50% of the way there. (e.g. Having been successful at making a Backup), all that remains is to see if I can actually use this Image to recover my Device again.

Not knowing anything of your Device... Perhaps its still kinda new? I can't really understand why it wasn't already rooted at the Factory level. But, I gather that even the MXIII originally was locked at the start too. Thankfully this is no longer the case though.

The only advice I could try to offer you would be to try downloading, and installing whatever stock Firmware you need to. If you had really booked the Recovery Partition as badly as that. Then your probably are going to need something along the lines of a USB BURNER TOOL, and a PC to reflash a stock Firmware.

But, again I never even heard of the G-Box Q, assuming its anything like the MXQ then it'll likely be an S805 SoC, and so definitely incompatible with anything you'll find here. As these Recoveries were meant for the S802 SoC's.
      So it looks like you have some work to do in trying to figure out exactly what it is that you have on your hands, and then how to recover it back again to a semblance of Stock.

Having kinda been there myself... (Only after having my MXIII for ~20 Minutes!!), I really do wish you the best of luck.
      It worked great after I did a factory reset so I could use my mouse in recovery. My issue was I was used to flashing phones so didn't realize you could auto flash with just a few files on an sd card. I can put on m8n or m8 roms on my box no problem now. Had a sleep issue where opening spmc after a long sleep would crash the box so I reflashed original firmware after they updated. I think I am going to stick with that for now and then update later if I feel like it.

Surprised you haven't heard of the G-Box Q. Great little device for $110. But definitely compatible with recoveries here!

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
        Is there any way you can make an updated v2.8.5.0 build for MK808B Plus? I would like the new keyboard support but when I use the kernel for finless's TWRP on a TV110 (similar hardware) build everything works except adb.

Here - https://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/am....0_MK808b+.img
        if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
        then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
        $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Awesome! Curious as to what had to be changed to get ADB working, as swapping the kernel worked for me with the original TWRP release before finless released his.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

His version is just a rework of my build and i'm not aware of Bob changes.

And i don't recall witch kernel is inside the image i posted, i'm working on a mk808b+ and might have included my kernel. But stock kernel and dtb should make ADB work.

Tapatalked
            if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
              Edit TWRP.fstab

I don't pass any arguments.

Tapatalked
              I had no luck with the split_bootimage script with the following steps. I tried so many times, my box won't boot.

Alternative Method

Download split_bootimg.zip . This Zip file contains one Perl file, split_bootimg.pl, which reads the boot.img header (according to the bootimg.h of the Android source code) to extract the kernel and ramdisk. The script also outputs the kernel command line and board name (if specified).
              (Note: Do not use a boot.img image extracted directly from /dev/mtd/mtd2. This image may become corrupted during the read process.)
              The following example uses the boot.img from the full TC4-RC28 update:
              % ./split_bootimg.pl boot.img
              Page size: 2048 (0x00000800)
              Kernel size: 1388548 (0x00153004)
              Ramdisk size: 141518 (0x000228ce)
              Second size: 0 (0x00000000)
              Board name:
              Command line: no_console_suspend=1
              Writing boot.img-kernel ... complete.
              Writing boot.img-ramdisk.gz ... complete.
              Extract the ramdisk.
              % mkdir ramdisk
              % cd ramdisk
              % gzip -dc ../boot.img-ramdisk.gz | cpio -i
              % cd ..
              Make any changes necessary (e.g., set ro.secure=0 in default.prop).
              Recreate the cpio archive using the mkbootfs binary produced from building the Android source code (The cpio utility in OS X does not recognize the newc format, therefore mkbootfs is the best option for OS X users).
              % mkbootfs ./ramdisk | gzip > ramdisk-new.gz
              Recreate the image file using the mkbootimg binary produced from building the Android source code.
              % mkbootimg --cmdline 'no_console_suspend=1 console=null' --kernel boot.img-kernel --ramdisk ramdisk-new.gz -o boot-new.img

Comment

Originally posted by zmanfarlee View Post
                It worked great after I did a factory reset so I could use my mouse in recovery. My issue was I was used to flashing phones so didn't realize you could auto flash with just a few files on an sd card. I can put on m8n or m8 roms on my box no problem now. Had a sleep issue where opening spmc after a long sleep would crash the box so I reflashed original firmware after they updated. I think I am going to stick with that for now and then update later if I feel like it.

Surprised you haven't heard of the G-Box Q. Great little device for $110. But definitely compatible with recoveries here!
                O.K. I have a G-Box Q and inquiring minds would like to know if you got this to work with the Matricoms new update 1.3? And if you did what file did you use and procedure....I have beaten my head against the wall trying to get this recovery program to work and no luck. The Google play store has it but only stores internally not to an SD-card.
                Man of leisure!

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                  Edit TWRP.fstab

I don't pass any arguments.

Tapatalked
                  Thank you, I managed to unpack and repack img successfully with the Android Kitchen Tool

How do I manually edit the official twrp k200 img for my device? Do I need to replace with my kernel?

Comment

Originally posted by litan1106 View Post
                    Thank you, I managed to unpack and repack img successfully with the Android Kitchen Tool

How do I manually edit the official twrp k200 img for my device? Do I need to replace with my kernel?
                    My mkbootimg command is
                    Code:
                    mkbootimg --kernel recovery.img-kernel --ramdisk new_ramdisk.gz --second recovery.dtb -o new_recovery.img

Replace kernel,dtb, kernel modules and check stock .rc files for any service that might be needed.

Comment

Dear Team Win, could you please build TWRP for S82Plus/MXIIIPlus devices. These devices are different from S82/MXIII:
                      - Amlogic S812 vs S802
                      - ap6335 vs ap6330

You can found the stock firmware here https://www.dropbox.com/s/2f5rfsdkjx...201k4.zip?dl=0
                      Is it the same TWRP as for S82/MXIII ?

Comment

Just a question guys can u back up whole system using twrp recovery and then restore to another box..my box is M8 and M8N? Just want to know as saving time to set up another box with all apps and settings and the same firmware??thank you ..any replies much appreciated..would love to use usb stick to load up twrp and back up system then restore system the same way...☺👍👍

Comment

Is there a way to flash the TWRP on the latest firmware 003 for Minix X8-Plus?
                          Just point to the download location and a way to flash it.

I downloaded the one from this page, if you scroll down you will see that clearly stating that is X8-Plus with Firmware 003, but when I do flash it, it resets the unit to clean install of Firmware 003 with no TWRP.
                          http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?15651-TWRP-for-Amlogic-devices&highlight=twrp minix x8 plus

Also this image is in a .img format, perhaps if it was in a .zip format, it can work, I used Flashify and also the stock Update app and get the same result.

Please I need help, I need to do many of them, and this could save me many days of work since I do lots of customizations.

Comment

Originally posted by sigma View Post
                            Dear Team Win, could you please build TWRP for S82Plus/MXIIIPlus devices. These devices are different from S82/MXIII:
                            - Amlogic S812 vs S802
                            - ap6335 vs ap6330

You can found the stock firmware here https://www.dropbox.com/s/2f5rfsdkjx...201k4.zip?dl=0
                            Is it the same TWRP as for S82/MXIII ?

Test this image please - https://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/am..._Plus_S812.img

Comment

Originally posted by warlock09 View Post
                              Just a question guys can u back up whole system using twrp recovery and then restore to another box..my box is M8 and M8N? Just want to know as saving time to set up another box with all apps and settings and the same firmware??thank you ..any replies much appreciated..would love to use usb stick to load up twrp and back up system then restore system the same way...☺👍👍
                              It should.
                              Let us now.

Comment

Originally posted by test42myhttp View Post
                                Is there a way to flash the TWRP on the latest firmware 003 for Minix X8-Plus?
                                Just point to the download location and a way to flash it.

I downloaded the one from this page, if you scroll down you will see that clearly stating that is X8-Plus with Firmware 003, but when I do flash it, it resets the unit to clean install of Firmware 003 with no TWRP.
                                http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?15651-TWRP-for-Amlogic-devices&highlight=twrp minix x8 plus

Also this image is in a .img format, perhaps if it was in a .zip format, it can work, I used Flashify and also the stock Update app and get the same result.

Please I need help, I need to do many of them, and this could save me many days of work since I do lots of customizations.

I don't have a X8-Plus, but i got reports that the image was working fine.

You can boot it from External SD, and flash the image file directly.
                                install menu --> right down corner button "image" --> choose file and location

Comment

Working...
                                X