X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice, thank you!

Comment

OK, k200 user's you now have official support.

if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
      then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
      $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
        Place recovery.img in the root of the SD card and power the box while pressing the reset button.
        Please put this in the first post. I've been trying to find out how to do this for ages, and ended up having to manually read through the thread up to post #166.

Cheers =)

Comment

Originally posted by ZimbiX View Post
          Please put this in the first post. I've been trying to find out how to do this for ages, and ended up having to manually read through the thread up to post #166.

Cheers =)
          I bet you learn a little more
          if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

OP updated with X8 and M8N images.

Comment

I'm afraid the current image for the MINIX NEO X8-H Plus appears to be broken. All it displays is a black screen with a little noise. I've tried it on the latest firmware, and the shipped firmware (whose included recovery performs identically). I've only tried running it from the external SD card if that does in fact make any difference.

Code:
              ➜  0403-0201  md5sum recovery.img 
              e86ce29066af36c9c337386e8da11174  recovery.img
              I'll get you logs and stuff in a few minutes.

I've been a Ruby developer for a few years, and after reading about building TWRP, and I'm tempted to give it a go myself. I see that you can in fact enable an option to backup the internal SD card, which although you've discouraged, would suit my cloning purposes nicely =P Basically, boot with an SD card which is blank aside from the TWRP recovery image, use TWRP to backup all other partitions to the SD card, then just move the SD card to the next device and restore to get an exact clone.

Also, you've given instructions to flash a recovery from the terminal, but I was wondering how one might actually backup the current recovery from there beforehand.

Code:
              dd if=path/to/recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery
              Trying the reverse gives a much larger file, so I don't think this is the correct way to go about it... Various methods of showing the device partitions and info leave me no clue as to which partition is actually the recovery one, if it is even standalone =S

Code:
              130|root@NEO-X8H-PLUS:/ # dd if=/dev/block/recovery of=/storage/sdcard0/recovery-dd-read-stock-latest.img
              65536+0 records in
              65536+0 records out
              33554432 bytes transferred in 3.579 secs (9375365 bytes/sec)
              root@NEO-X8H-PLUS:/ # ll /storage/sdcard0/recovery-dd-read-stock-latest.img    
              -rw-rw---- root     sdcard_r 33554432 2015-03-02 15:09 recovery-dd-read-stock-latest.img
              Last edited by ZimbiX; 03-02-2015, 04:11. Reason: Add/fix backup dd

Comment

Here's the latest flashable firmware. There is a very small OTA to install once this is flashed.

http://minix.com.hk/firmware/X8_X8PLUS_X8H_003FW.rar

Minix forum mirror: http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/..._X8H_003FW.rar
                Provided MD5: DDA77A0AAB8E907890BF45A3F17636F2

I don't know why the MD5 is wrong... but WinRAR has built-in rar verification, and extraction using WinRAR or file-roller works fine.

Comment

Here's the TWRP last_log, and partition info using instructions from: https://github.com/ameer1234567890/O...tition-Layouts

Edit: This is from my up-to-date device, if that makes any difference
                  Attached Files

Comment

The way you posted will work to flash the image to the partition, remember to 'sync' after.
                    The opposite gives a image with different size because it dumps the entire recovery partition space.

I didn't discourage or omitted the possibility to backup the Internal SD, read Android folder, from TWRP it simply was not possible. On the latest image(s) is working.

Unfortunately this happens a lot (on AMLogic), changes between FW versions aren't compatible.

Try this image.

Comment

it dumps the entire recovery partition space.
                      I thought the entire partition was accounted for by .img files; so what's in the rest of the file? Or is this just copying empty space as well?

I didn't discourage or omitted the possibility to backup the Internal SD, read Android folder, from TWRP it simply was not possible. On the latest image(s) is working.
                      Ah, fair enough.
                      Unfortunately this happens a lot (on AMLogic), changes between FW versions aren't compatible.
                      Goddamn it.

Thanks, but I'm afraid I get a bootloader loop with that one. Log to come soon...

Edit: For clarification, it shows the initial MINIX screen of the bootloader (not the MINIX Android boot animation) for a few seconds, goes blank briefly, shows the bootloader again, goes blank, etc.

Comment

Thanks, but I'm afraid I get a bootloader loop with that one. Log to come soon...
                        Here you go
                        Attached Files

Comment

Mibox 2 Recovery img

I just did a backup recovery.img from the mibox 2.

Can you help me check if my tv box works with twrp please? Thanks

Comment

Here you go
                            Test this one, please.

Comment

Originally posted by litan1106 View Post
                              I just did a backup recovery.img from the mibox 2.

Can you help me check if my tv box works with twrp please? Thanks

https://app.box.com/s/kwbcl0m9lrkm94675yfpac6r1erh8bge

Try this one.

Comment

Thanks. Did I provide you the right recovery img? I might sent you the wrong recovery img.

Comment

Working...
                                X