This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
    That will be the best i can do. Although you can't backup the MTD partitions TWRP will flash them(probably).

The same happens on the X8, they changed something on the partitions table and TWRP can't read them and i can't trace it.
    Just for your info it works to flash files thank you

Comment

Oman's 111k4

Abdul_pt Your TWRP_2.8.1.0_S82b works fine with Oman's latest 111k4 firmware. This will overcome the broken stock recovery.

Comment

Merry Christmas to all and happy new year!
        Alessandro

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

TWRP 2.8.1.0 Minix X8-H PLUS -

[/QUOTE]

Is this version also working with the latest X8-H PLUS ROM V2 update ?
          Just curious if there are other MINIX 8+ owners here.

Comment

Place the image on your SD and boot to it. Run a test backup.....

Comment

Thanks Pablo, it works

Comment

Just be careful with the wipe options until someone confirms it's all good. Glad it worked

Comment

SuperSU is also working after using first iRoot. let's try a backup with TRWP now.

Comment

2.8.0.0 Works

Try an older image for the m8. I have this on 'stock'
                    www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/aml/TWRP_2.8.0.0_m8.zip
                    www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/aml/TWRP_M8.zip

If none of those work, i will have to look better.
                    Abdul, I had the same problem. ( All storage showing 0 bytes with 2.8.1.1 ). Tried the 2.8.0.0 version and everything worked fine.

Thanks for the help!!!

-Iflyrctoo

Comment

minix X8-H PLUS

TWRP NOT fully functional

I reboot the system into Recovery from the App.

I only get the recovery menu:
                      -Reboot
                      -Apply update from ADB
                      -Apply update from EXT
                      -Apply update from cache
                      -Wipe data/factory reset
                      -Wipe cache

So no backup, no install with zip files, no TWRP in fact.

But it did add the menu at recovery boot which is more then before (I guess)

Any help appreciated and my box is available for testing.

Comment

TWRP for MiBOX2?

It might. Post a link to your FW.

Tapatalked
                        Xaomi does not provide a flashable FW for MiBOX2. Its updates were only pushed OTA. I managed to dump a recovery.img from stock using dd command:

Another user has successfully made a bootable image from MicroSD for rooting the device:

Can you dig into the two images and find out necessary information? Xiaomi's devices all have two boot (boot and boot1) and system (system and system1) partitions. I can upload images if you need them. It will be fantastic if TWRP allows to select one of the two to install a custom rom. Many thanks!

Comment

Hello if I post a link to an M82 (1G/8G) MXIII which also has the AM S802 CPU in it.
                          Could you please be kind enough to port your TWRP to it?

BTW: This is the recovery.img from the latest 111k4 Firmware, from the 18th of December.

Thanks!

Comment

TWRP for the MINIX Neo XH-8 Plus is available:

Comment

Please help me. I flash wrong version of recovery (X8H PLUS instead of X8H). Now i can't boot into recovery (black screen), also root access doesn't work too. But device boot normally. How I can restore recovery? I can not do it with terminal (dd if=...) because i don't have root. I can't do it with zip-file (update) because i don't have recovery. I copy file recovery.img to sdcard and try to load in recovery mode. Nothing... (black screen again) What can I do?

Comment

Originally posted by xxrock View Post
                                Please help me. I flash wrong version of recovery (X8H PLUS instead of X8H). Now i can't boot into recovery (black screen), also root access doesn't work too. But device boot normally. How I can restore recovery? I can not do it with terminal (dd if=...) because i don't have root. I can't do it with zip-file (update) because i don't have recovery. I copy file recovery.img to sdcard and try to load in recovery mode. Nothing... (black screen again) What can I do?
                                Try rebooting with "recovery.img" ... Or "twrp.img" if need be on a FAT32 formatted USB Stick. MAKE SURE ITS FAT32 FORMATED. I found out that FAT / FATX does NOT WORK! As long as its in FAT32 it should boot just fine.

Sadly in the case of the varies TWRPs on this Site. None of them seem to be compatible with my MXIII. I guessing I need to alter the fstab (File(s)), so as to get this working. Just how I go about doing that though? Is another question.

Comment

Working...
                                X