This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
    You flashed the wrong twrp. There's one for you here.
    http://androidpc.es/blog/2014/11/23/...-mxq-y-tv-110/

footer is wrong signature verification failed

after sing em

instal abord

Comment

Re: TWRP for Amlogic devices.

Originally posted by ams123 View Post
      footer is wrong signature verification failed

after sing em

instal abord
      That zip includes 4 twrp for 4 different tvboxes
      Unzip and choose the mxq., put the img on a sdcard, and be sure name is "recovery.img" then turn on tvbox while holding reset button until you see Twrp. That way you can use it without installing and that way you can be sure if it Works or not.
      There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
        That zip includes 4 twrp for 4 different tvboxes
        Unzip and choose the mxq., put the img on a sdcard, and be sure name is "recovery.img" then turn on tvbox while holding reset button until you see Twrp. That way you can use it without installing and that way you can be sure if it Works or not.
        Ok to use it only from sdcard works no problem thans so no install to the device thxs mate

Comment

Originally posted by eseze View Post
          If the entry "ro.product.device" in default.prop is not equal to "NEO-X8" the update quits.

As far as I know you have used "x8_h" instead of "NEO-X8" and because of that I kindly ask you to change the entry so that TWRP can also be used for the new updates.
          Hi Abdul,

first of all THANK YOU VERY MUCH for implementing the mentioned changes so fast!

In a former thread you mentioned with regard to the beelink device that

Yup, they(AML) change something in nand that's why i left that version.
          Glad it's working ok now

Due to some problems that I have with TWRP version for Minix Neo X8(H) Beta 009 r2 I assume that the same happened for the Minix devices. Thus I kindly ask you to check that and to update your TWRP adaption if necessary. Thank you very much in advance!

By the way, I am currently thinking about creating a customized firmware for the X8 device and I would like to integrate your TWRP adaption into this ROM (of course with references to you and to this thread). I hope that I can get your allowance regarding this approach.

Comment

TWRP for cx-s859

Will any of these recovery imgs work for the cx-s859 s805 Amlogic tv boxes? Can somebody lead me to a link, if possible? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by eseze View Post
              Hi Abdul,

first of all THANK YOU VERY MUCH for implementing the mentioned changes so fast!

In a former thread you mentioned with regard to the beelink device that

Due to some problems that I have with TWRP version for Minix Neo X8(H) Beta 009 r2 I assume that the same happened for the Minix devices. Thus I kindly ask you to check that and to update your TWRP adaption if necessary. Thank you very much in advance!

By the way, I am currently thinking about creating a customized firmware for the X8 device and I would like to integrate your TWRP adaption into this ROM (of course with references to you and to this thread). I hope that I can get your allowance regarding this approach.
              I will update the X8 image, i would have answer earlier but i normally browse the forum with tapatalk, timeline and this has just slip me.

I have no problem that you use my recovery, of course a mention/thanks is always a good posture to have when using other's work.
              if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
              then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
              $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by techsavvy619 View Post
                Will any of these recovery imgs work for the cx-s859 s805 Amlogic tv boxes? Can somebody lead me to a link, if possible? Thanks in advance.
                2 post's above your's there's a link with some s805 image's. If none of them work's i can look in to it.
                if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                  I will update the X8 image, i would have answer earlier but i normally browse the forum with tapatalk, timeline and this has just slip me.

I have no problem that you use my recovery, of course a mention/thanks is always a good posture to have when using other's work.
                  Hi Abdul,

thanks in advance for the upcoming update !

Of couse I will put a reference to you in my custom firmware (and I will send you a link to it ;-) ).

Best regards
                  eseze

Comment

Hello Abdul,

Thanks for the fast updates. Great work.
                    However the backup folder for the Minix X8 is confusing me. I have seen x8_h, x8-H, Neo-X8. What is the one to stick to?

BTW is a TWRP for the Minix X8-H Plus in the making?

Comment

Hello I'd like to get some clarity (If possible...), which version... Indeed if any, would work on an M82 (1G/8G) MXIII S802 Box? I think I must have tried an S82 Recovery about a Month ago... And, very nearly perma-bricked my poor device.
                      In any case the whole point of the Exercise has since became moot, in that I wanted to have a backup of the Stock 108k4 (AP6181) Firmware. which is no longer possible now.

However this doesn't make wanting to have a Nandroid Backup any less welcome. Especially now, since Google have started limiting the amount of Devices One can deactivate with-in a Year, down to Four now. So it boils down to either not using GMusic on the MXIII (The option I've taken), or wait till someone busts out with a CWM (Preferable!), or a TWRP that would at least work with a Remote. (Less preferable IMHO, but welcome all the same! Even if I have to grab a Mouse!).

What I don't need is a repeat of that whole Blue Light of Death thing... That quickly turned into a Red Light of Death. Like before.

And, yes I do accept that that blame was all on me that time! I should have known better, and done it anyway.
                      So I'm not hear to wine on *itch at anyone or thing. I just want to know if any of those versions are safe for the M82 version of the MXIII... I can only guess given that the 2G version is the same as the S82, that the M82 would be the 1G Version. unfortunately thats the One I have though.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by handroid View Post
                        Hello Abdul,

Thanks for the fast updates. Great work.
                        However the backup folder for the Minix X8 is confusing me. I have seen x8_h, x8-H, Neo-X8. What is the one to stick to?

BTW is a TWRP for the Minix X8-H Plus in the making?
                        You are right, every time i change the model name the backup folder name changes. For now is Neo-X8, i know it's troublesome to rename a folder

Is it necessary to make one for the Plus ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post
                          Hello I'd like to get some clarity (If possible...), which version... Indeed if any, would work on an M82 (1G/8G) MXIII S802 Box? I think I must have tried an S82 Recovery about a Month ago... And, very nearly perma-bricked my poor device.
                          In any case the whole point of the Exercise has since became moot, in that I wanted to have a backup of the Stock 108k4 (AP6181) Firmware. which is no longer possible now.

However this doesn't make wanting to have a Nandroid Backup any less welcome. Especially now, since Google have started limiting the amount of Devices One can deactivate with-in a Year, down to Four now. So it boils down to either not using GMusic on the MXIII (The option I've taken), or wait till someone busts out with a CWM (Preferable!), or a TWRP that would at least work with a Remote. (Less preferable IMHO, but welcome all the same! Even if I have to grab a Mouse!).

What I don't need is a repeat of that whole Blue Light of Death thing... That quickly turned into a Red Light of Death. Like before.

And, yes I do accept that that blame was all on me that time! I should have known better, and done it anyway.
                          So I'm not hear to wine on *itch at anyone or thing. I just want to know if any of those versions are safe for the M82 version of the MXIII... I can only guess given that the 2G version is the same as the S82, that the M82 would be the 1G Version. unfortunately thats the One I have though.

Thanks!
                          You do know that this images can run from the SDcard ? Does making it risk free to test them.
                          I prefer TWRP over CWM, so you are in a bad luck.
                          You can always buy a wireless touch pad to save you the hassle of connecting a mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                            You are right, every time i change the model name the backup folder name changes. For now is Neo-X8, i know it's troublesome to rename a folder

Is it necessary to make one for the Plus ?
                            Of course renaming is easy. But when you try restore an old backup, you wind up with an empty screen and have to guess the right foldername Or run a new backup to bring up the right folder name.

About the X8-H plus version. The current X8-H TWRP doesn't work on a plus machine.

Comment

Updated X8-H image to release 002 and added X8-H PLUS image.

Comment

Regarding the touchpad, is anyone using a USB driven one only the mouse pad I mean, I need it for an in car installation but I figured I could use it also for the recovery work with Amlogic M805, some suggestions?
                                Thanks anyway mates
                                Alessandro

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X