This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes latest 109k4 posted by oman
    You are using the External SD Card. And the recovery. IMG file ?

Comment

Originally posted by racky29 View Post
      Yes latest 109k4 posted by oman
      You are using the External SD Card. And the recovery. IMG file ?
      yes recovery.img in the root of my micro sdcard, but also lots of folders with files in it. i wonder if that can be a problem but shouldn't. Oh well!

Edit: Just want to make sure you have stock recovery 09/17 installed. the twrp i'm using is the 2.7.1.0 version. It does install fine when i flash it but prefer to have stock recovery flashed and twrp as a backup

Comment

I got lots of folders but I removed txt files and other random files just in case
        Left the folders alone

Comment

Originally posted by racky29 View Post
          I got lots of folders but I removed txt files and other random files just in case
          Left the folders alone
          i do have a txt in there, i'll try later again and report back. chilling time. Thanks!

Comment

ok i downloaded twrp for "s82b" (i own a tronsmart vega) again just in case, tried 2 more times. only recovery.img in the root of external sdcard but nada, not working. i guess is my micro sdcard then, i dont want to backup/format/restore the thing

Comment

Did you try both methods? Reboot app and reset button.

Comment

How to delete TWRP theme?

How to delete a theme?

Post 1 says "To remove the theme, navigate to sdcard(data/media/0) and delete the theme folder inside the TWRP folder."

Cannot delete this file or change
                permissions?

Have change to 1920 theme & now I cannot navigate TWRP to do anything??

Please advise if fixable, otherwise I guess a factory reset will sort it?
                Last edited by jellywobbles; 09-23-2014, 10:37.
                Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever

Comment

TWRP reporting HUGE backup

How about this for TWRP running on my S82B with 109k4 firmware. It is a 8Gb device:-

Just look at the data size reported by TWRP??

Comment

With any file manager you can delete that folder.

Never seen that, maybe a one time event. Definitely a strange thing.

Tapatalked
                    if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
                    then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
                    $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                      With any file manager you can delete that folder.

Never seen that, maybe a one time event. Definitely a strange thing.

Tapatalked
                      What folder do I delete? Are you telling me to delete the data folder

This S82B is working 100% OK - with a fully loaded XBMC.
                      Last edited by jellywobbles; 09-23-2014, 15:30.

Comment

Re: TWRP for Amlogic devices.

Originally posted by jellywobbles View Post
                        How to delete a theme?

Post 1 says "To remove the theme, navigate to sdcard(data/media/0) and delete the theme folder inside the TWRP folder."

Tapatalked
                        if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Tapatalked

Does not work - unsifficient permissions !

Comment

It does work, and that is a problem that you should put to the developer of the ROM you are using.
                            Why can't you delete a folder from the SDcard ?

Any how boot to recovery and with the file manager delete the folder.
                            Connect the box to the PC, mount storage and delete the folder.
                            Open terminal window and delete the folder.

Did you use any of this options ?

Tapatalked

Comment

It does work, and that is a problem that you should put to the developer of the ROM you are using.
                              Why can't you delete a folder from the SDcard ?

Any how boot to recovery and with the file manager delete the folder.
                              Connect the box to the PC, mount storage and delete the folder.
                              Open terminal window and delete the folder.

Did you use any of this options ?

Tapatalked
                              Cheers - it looks like the problem I have is not that unusual:-

This should be applicable to any ROM on devices which share internal storage for applications and the internal "sdcard" (Note II, SGS3, probably others). Symptoms may include inability to take screenshots and other failures, and will usually show...

Thanks for your help

Comment

Reboot app

I installed TWRP on my Minix X8. Works great. Thanks Abdul.

One question though. My old Reboot App is not working. What is the suggested app for Reboot to Recovery?

Comment

Working...
                                X