Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I check the link for TWRP and it was working, just now i realized that you might be talking about the stock image.
    It's fixed, typo.

Tapatalked
    if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
    then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
    $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

thanks abdul_pt

now the link works

Comment

How do I determine what box I have?

Comment

Just installed this on my M8 but I am unable to read files on my external SD Card. I have tried to Mount it but it doesn't work.

What do I need to do to get this working?

Comment

Re: TWRP for Amlogic devices.

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post

- Copy the zip to your external SD or USB storage and flash it from stock recovery or TWRP.

- This images will also run from an external SD without the need to flash them.
            Does it work for Xiaomi MiBOX2? The device uses a S802 chip.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Durden View Post
              Just installed this on my M8 but I am unable to read files on my external SD Card. I have tried to Mount it but it doesn't work.

What do I need to do to get this working?
              But does the card get mounted?

Tapatalked
              if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Originally posted by bloommax View Post
                Does it work for Xiaomi MiBOX2? The device uses a S802 chip.
                It might. Post a link to your FW.

Tapatalked

Comment

Hi just wondering if i can get some ideas...I've been using TWRP successfully on many boxes, however I have 3 boxes that when I try to restore a backup or even do a backup it wont work. It randomly hangs up. When it hangs up the mouse locks up and the progress indicators locks. I have tried several SD cards and they all behaved in the same way. Because it started to restore and didn't finish it wont boot, so I tried to flash the default firmware, unfortunately the flash stops at about 75% each time on each of the boxes. I even tried using different mouse just in case but still the same.

Any ideas...Its a M8 thanks

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Crows View Post
                    Hi just wondering if i can get some ideas...I've been using TWRP successfully on many boxes, however I have 3 boxes that when I try to restore a backup or even do a backup it wont work. It randomly hangs up. When it hangs up the mouse locks up and the progress indicators locks. I have tried several SD cards and they all behaved in the same way. Because it started to restore and didn't finish it wont boot, so I tried to flash the default firmware, unfortunately the flash stops at about 75% each time on each of the boxes. I even tried using different mouse just in case but still the same.

Any ideas...Its a M8 thanks

Rick
                    Try another power adaptor from other working box just in case. It's known those can cause problems and there are some people from what i've read with defective power adaptor.

Comment

Abdul, great work as always.

Having a weird problem. TWRP is booting up fine on my EM8 (M8 box with big blue led) using your latest version. Problem: It cant see either the External SD OR the internal storage/internal sd.

Everything is in 0 mb, it can't see any of it.

What can I do to try to manually mount? The log is just a bunch of "E: Unable to mount '/data'" unable to mount storage, ect.

Weird thing is, I did get it to work on another EM8 I have, but on this one cannot.

Using Finless 1.8. It has worked already (like I said) with this rom in place so it can't be that.

Comment

i have tronsmart s89 and i have a problem with twrp can't mount internal - external and data .... usb works fine i'm on 109 rom from tronsmart i install the latest twrp but with the same problem. my sdcard (int-ext) works fine when i boot (reads-writes) any ideas?

Comment

Servo386 and lost2
                          Can you please post a link to the FW that you have running on the box that gives problems.

When reporting error's a log is always helpful.
                          Adb pull cache/recovery/last.log
                          Adb pull tmp/recovery.log
                          Advance tab, copy log to SD.

My guess is a conflict in nand module and or kernel. I used stane's kernel and might be related since on my s82 his kernel wouldn't power up the USB port's.

Tapatalked
                          Last edited by abdul_pt; 11-26-2014, 09:03.

Comment

Same problem will try and pull logs, stock EM8 from eny

Comment

ok i uploaded the logs , stock 109 tronsmart elite s89

Code:
                              http://www.mediafire.com/download/rsb6zrz0n6kkac3/last_log

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h29rab1avoar2f2/recovery.log
                              Last edited by lost2; 11-28-2014, 05:46.

Comment

EDIT:- Ive tried to delete this post as it managed to backup after a few attempts.
                                Hi Ive updated my M8 with this firmware k200-ota-20141022, however TWRP doesnt allow me to back it up.
                                Is this programme firmware dependant?

Thanks
                                Last edited by Crows; 11-28-2014, 05:27.

Comment

Working...
                                X