This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-

Last edited by sasha2511; 05-10-2016, 11:51.

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
      Is TWRP for MiniMX compatible with both 1G & 2G box?

Thanks in advance.
      Last edited by iCanuck; 05-09-2016, 19:28.

Comment

Krakatau

Queenslayer

Try this one, please

Mini M8S - https://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/am...3_Mini_M8S.img
        if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
        then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
        $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post

Hello, I have very little experience using TWRP.

I am trying this on a Vega S95 Meta(S905). I ended up trying this image(from SD, did not install), http://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/aml..._U1_SDcard.img.
          Backups run and complete, I have not attempted a restore due to not being sure of the results....also known as fear.

I have attached a zip file with, the recovery logs(before and after backup) from the U1 image, the output from the commands and the F/W links.
          If you have the time, please have a look.

Thanks either way.

It's working perfectly as far i can see. And that image will work from ExternalSD or flashed in nand.

--> https://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/am...gaS95_Meta.img

if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Definitely and thanks! It's good for both externalSD and flashed?

Comment

It's working perfectly as far i can see. And that image will work from ExternalSD or flashed in nand.

--> https://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/am...gaS95_Meta.img

Excellent, Thank you for the link and your time.

Comment

Originally posted by iCanuck View Post

Thanks in advance.
                Anyone?

Comment

Hi, i try to flash TWRP on my MXiii G but i cant.. i put the img. file on SD card (formated) and try with the toothpick method but my MX wont flash it, i got the "Google TV" image over and over.. i have the 108L firmware.. any tips?? thanks in advance..

from my x5oo

Comment

On the S95 Meta, rather than hold the Fn button while booting to TWRP on SD card or flash drive, I do the following.
                    1.) Create a dummy zip file by opening a new txt file and save it. I saved it as 2LoadTWRP.txt. Rename 2LoadTWRP.txt to 2LoadTWRP.zip. Copy the file to the root of the TWRP SD card or flash drive.
                    2.) Insert the card or flash drive in the box. From the Update and Backup app, under Local, click select. Locate 2LoadTWRP.zip and select it. Click Update. The box should reboot to TWRP.

Comment

Here are the results so far on the TWRP3_Mini_M8S.img:
                      1. Booted to TWRP on external SD.
                      2. Full nandroid backup: boot, system and data partitions to external SD. I had to edit the date and time of the backup file name. Successful.
                      3. Wiped Cache, Dalvik, System and Data. Successful.
                      4. Restored boot, system and data from backup file above. Successful.
                      5. Reboot to System. Successful.

No error messages. Attached is the recovery.log.txt if anyone wants to go over it. I did not try to flash the TWRP yet. Can I flash the same recovery image?

Thank you, abdul_pt!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Krakatau; 05-10-2016, 22:47.

Comment

Thanks in advance.
                        Seriously? No one can answer?
                        Last edited by iCanuck; 05-11-2016, 16:47.

Comment

SERIOUSLY?? Lose the attitude first and that is your only warning. Abdul is one of the most helpful you will meet. I know for a fact hed respond. Better then me id just ignore you.
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Seriously? No one can answer this simple question?

I can't answer what i don't know. I don't know if X recovery works with Y device. I can only answer for the devices i have. Besides like is written all over this thread booting a image from ExternalSD is pretty harmless so you better start testing and answer you own question and write a post for whoever comes after you.

Comment

abdul_pt I just read your sig. How apropos.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X