Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if someone here can help me get TWRP working on my Tronsmart Vega S95 Telos? I found this thread <http://forum.tronsmart.com/forum/vega-s95-custom-roms-kernels-discussion/2275-twrp-recovery-on-the-s95-meta-maybe-telos-too?limitstart=0#.V4GAkx4j0cU> suggesting that the S95 Meta build posted here would work. There is also a post there with a link to a version 2 that is claimed to work. I have been able to boot into both of these images on my external SD card.

But I get no joy in backup/restore land using either of the two images. They both have issues and they are not the same. I have tried backups made with both and restores using both (even on backups made with the other version). Sometimes the system is restored to a point where it will boot but then I notice things aren't right: like missing nav bar and notification bar that were there when the backup was made. Sometimes the restored system won't boot at all - not even making it to the boot animation. Of course, I am not sure if the problem is in the backup only, the restore only, or both.

Thankfully, I can still get back to baseline by using the v.2 TWRP to install the SD card version of the OTA update to stock firmware. The v.3 TWRP will not do the install at all. I get an error "This package is for 'p200_2G' devices; this is a 'p200'." And the install ended with an error 7.

I rely alot on a custom recovery for backup and restore. So this is really important to me. Can anyone help? Or can anyone point me somewhere where I can help myself by learning more about TWRP internals?

Thanks!

Comment

my box said ott mxq s805 on carton when i got it,the board says mxq-s805_d08 version 1,it has 8189etv wifi,nand is a sk hynix H27UCG8T2ETR. heres a link to the firmware. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...GRvekNBRjBTU3c
      can anyone maybe make a twrp port?all the ones ive tried dont work.thanks

Comment

hi i have tronsmart telos vega s95 how to use an external usb Wireless AC 5ghz speed with rtl 8812 chip on this device?how to make driver for him or any knows something about this to connect a external usb wireles AC 5ghz speed ,because the original ap 6335 boradcom doesnt have musch speed and doesnt have large distance thank you

Comment

FYI TW3_KII.img is working on MXIII-G with board MXIII-C V1.1

Comment

could someone please post the TWRP_2.8.7.0_MXQ.img its not in the op,and is the only one reported to work on my device.thanks

Comment

I'm currently on M8S besides having an AFTV Box as my main. Can I just backup my image on M8S using TWRP and use it later in case I need to have a clean install on my device?

Comment

Could someone help please - which TWRP image do I use for MXQ Plus player .,

China-1 Stock | Buy MXQ PLUS Amlogic S905 4K TV Box Pre-installed KODI Android 5.1.1 1G/8G WIFI LAN KODI DLNA AirPlay Miracast 3D Netflix online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus1 View Post
                  i own a MXQ pro 4k tv box with 905 processor.
                  the devicename is p200.
                  which cwm do i need?

thanks in advance.
                  I'm in need of twrp for this device too. I am willing to donate beer or send abdul_pt a device for his efforts to make this happen.

Has anyone had any success with the mxq pro 4k?

Comment

Hi guys got 2 m8s plus boxes one is rooted the other isnt, (one for upstairs one for down stairs) so after looking though, which image do you use for the M8S plus box as not sure which one it is from the list and looking though all the posts? cheers

Comment

Originally posted by jsergio123 View Post

I'm in need of twrp for this device too. I am willing to donate beer or send abdul_pt a device for his efforts to make this happen.

Has anyone had any success with the mxq pro 4k?

A beer is more than enough. Of course if it's the same for you i don't have any s905 device to play, so one would be much appreciated.

i need stock recovery and 2 txt files
                      Code:
                      From PC do :
                      adb root ( if ADB isn't root)

adb shell cat /proc/partitions > partitions.txt
                      adb shell ls -l -R /dev/block > block.txt

Now where you open the terminal window are two txt files sent them to me and stock recovery

From Terminal Emulator do :

su
                      cat /proc/partitions > /sdcard/partitions.txt
                      ls -l -R /dev/block > /sdcard/block.txt

Now on your internal SDcard are two txt files send them to me and stock recovery
                      if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
                      then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
                      $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by vel2000 View Post

Hi, can you please upload a version for this device, without InternalSD Backup?
                        www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/aml/TW3_KII.img

It takes ages to backup/restore and to generate a MD5 if your SDcard is full.
                        Backing up the internal SD should be optional in any case...
                        thanks in advance.

No, i like it this way.
                        if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Which version to flash for the K1 Plus? Is it still this one?

Did someone test it? After installing TWRP can I still boot from SD Card by clicking the button on the bottom with a toothpick?

Comment

@abdul-pt,I am happy to donate beers too,is all I need to provide are the 2 text files and working recovery?

Comment

Originally posted by Autotech40 View Post
                              @abdul-pt,I am happy to donate beers too,is all I need to provide are the 2 text files and working recovery?

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post

It's already there, check TWRP gerrit for some unmerged commits.
                                I have a K200 not a N200, if you want for a N200 do the appropriate changes as i already told you.
                                Can you provide a link, please?

Comment

Working...
                                X