Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi abdul, I remember these TWRP files being .zip and I would normally run them directly from the SD card without actually flashing over the stock recovery but, it seems now they are .img files. is there a way I can run them from the sd card like I did with previously? your help is appriciated

Comment

I tried it right now to. Just rename it in recovery.img and it will start from extSd. At least in my x8-h plus it's working without any problems

Comment

abdul_pt Seems like links for the Mini MX TWRP versions are down. Can you correct the links please? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Smeejaytee View Post
          Hi I hope someone can help me, I saw some info somewhere that said a command for terminal emulator that made a backup of the stock recovery image, does anybody know the command please, I would like to backup the stock recovery before flashing twrp thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
          You can use the 'dd' command from terminal window.
          Like 'dd if=/dev/block/recovery of=/sdcard/recovery.IMG'
          This if your recovery partition is named recovery, some devices the name is mmcblk#p# where # is a number.
          This command will make a copy of the entire recovery partition so the size will be different.
          if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
          then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
          $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by masaj View Post
            sorry abdul

When I start the back up I get this
            E: find file opening error sys/class/leds/lcd-backlight

why do i even get this error? can you clarify this for me?

Thank you.
            That's a warning message stating that TV box doesn't have a LCD backlight.
            TWRP supports changing brightness on devices that have that functionality.
            if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Originally posted by thekider View Post
              Hi abdul, I remember these TWRP files being .zip and I would normally run them directly from the SD card without actually flashing over the stock recovery but, it seems now they are .img files. is there a way I can run them from the sd card like I did with previously? your help is appriciated
              I stopped releasing zip since there's a lot of devices and almost all supports booting recovery from ExternalSD like HirogenX said.

Comment

Hi, usb keyboard not working in TWRP 2.8.7.0 MXQ on CS918G PLUS device. Only ctr-alt-del combination reboots box. Arrow keys work in stock recovery. What can I do to make it work?

Comment

Originally posted by sivanoff View Post
                  Hi, usb keyboard not working in TWRP 2.8.7.0 MXQ on CS918G PLUS device. Only ctr-alt-del combination reboots box. Arrow keys work in stock recovery. What can I do to make it work?
                  It's working if you can reboot with key combination.
                  TWRP on supports mouse to select options, keyboard only works to type.

Comment

The link to the TWRP Beelink Mini does not work. Was wondering if the link will be restored? Tried other versions but none work. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post

You can use the 'dd' command from terminal window.
                      Like 'dd if=/dev/block/recovery of=/sdcard/recovery.IMG'
                      This if your recovery partition is named recovery, some devices the name is mmcblk#p# where # is a number.
                      This command will make a copy of the entire recovery partition so the size will be different.
                      Thank you I just went with the external SD option it seems to be working well, I've not had to restore but backup was successful, other than the errors myself and a couple of others posted a few days ago.
                      It was something along the lines of couldn't find boot and I believe uboot was the other.

Comment

I need to update OP link.

Comment

i have m8s+ , which one should i use? any guide? many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Smeejaytee View Post

Thank you I just went with the external SD option it seems to be working well, I've not had to restore but backup was successful, other than the errors myself and a couple of others posted a few days ago.
                            It was something along the lines of couldn't find boot and I believe uboot was the other.
                            What device and what image are you using ?

Send me recovery.log and the output of the command 'ls -l -R /dev/block' and 'cat /proc/partitions'.
                            And also stock recovery image.

Comment

Originally posted by hsia View Post
                              i have m8s+ , which one should i use? any guide? many thanks
                              Read OP for guide.
                              Try only external SDcard and check witch one works for you

Comment

That's a warning message stating that TV box doesn't have a LCD backlight.
                                TWRP supports changing brightness on devices that have that functionality.
                                Thanks for all your help

Comment

Working...
                                X